just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

Can someone explain to me why they keep making the tesseract a trans-clear brick instead of a trans-blue brick? It's clearly blue in the movies..Laziness!

Its called the cosmic cube in the comics and its white/clear there, and thats what the Lego version is inspired by.

Can someone explain to me why they keep making the tesseract a trans-clear brick instead of a trans-blue brick? It's clearly blue in the movies..Laziness!

Personally I think that the cube itself is clear, but emits a blue light, so that could be what Lego is trying to represent.

I do hope you're right, although my list of desired X-Men is getting ridiculously long. One things for sure, if I don't see Gambit and Archangel the way they look in the game I'll be very disappointed. Most likely we'll just wind up with Storm, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Professor X, and a Wolverine with his cowl, probably going up against Mystique or a Sentinel. The actual build will probably be the X Mansion, a Sentinel, or the Blackbird/X-Jet.

I think we'll see a very basic line-up. Probably something like Storm, Wolverine and Xavier for the good guys and Mystique and Magneto for villains. If I had to guess I'd say the line-up is going to be heavily influenced by who the bigger characters in the next X-men movie is (Even if the sets aren't based on the movie they'll still use it as a reference point for what characters to include). And being a kids product they'll use what's most identifiable and those five are probably the most recognizable. Jean and Cyclops aren't in the movie, so I doubt we'll see them in the set.

Wow I actually like most of these sets! Although there are a few things: I really wish Thor had his helmet, I wish that it was the yellow and green comic Electro, The build in the Hulk set is mediocre, and I don't like that Green Goblin. I do really like that Doc Ock set and I'm really glad to see its based on the game, same with the Captain America set. I also like all of the new figs (besides Electro) especially Doc Ock, Red Skull, Taskmaster, Luke Cage and M.O.D.O.K. :classic:

New Sets:

76010 Meeting the Penguin, small set with The Penguin, Batman in dark blue, comes with a mini-bat-sub, a yellow duck (Penguin riding on it), two mini-penguins with dynamite, 14,99 EUR

76011 Attack of Man-Bat: Comes with Man-Bat flying a "vehicle" on his back, and black Batman with a helicopter, 24,99 EUR

76012 Chase of The Riddler, somes with The Flash, The Riddler and Batman (we all know this set), 34,99 EUR

76013 Jokers Steam-Roller, ugly Steam-Roller (don't know the series) with Joker with dark pink hat, a clown driving this vehicle, Robin, Batgirl, Batman dflying a plane (or something like a plane), 59,99 EUR!!

76014 Spider-Trike vs. Elektro, nothing to say here, not finished in the picture, minifigs Spiderman and Electro, 14,99 EUR

76015 Doc Ock: Attack of the Truck (seems to be a bank-truck), comes with Spiderman, Doc Ock and a driver, 24,99 EUR

76016 Rescue of the Spider-Heli: Avatar-like Helicopter in red/ blue/ dark grey, comes with Hulk?? (or another maxifig), a woman (whats the name of Spidermans love?) and Spiderman, 49,99 EUR.

greetings Hendrik

here are the prices

Edited by sologuy369

It'd be so sweet if the X-Men set included a Juggernaut macrofigure.

Storm and Mystique would be fine. Personally, I'd most like to see She-Hulk, Wasp, Ms. Marvel, and Spider-Woman. Another Black Widow would be alright as well.

Edited by Suspsy

Is Mary Jane getting the same treatment as Black Widow and now getting proper dark-red hair? Dissapoint.

That said, totally sold on that MODOK set. Taskmaster? Falcon? Definitely. I hope that Cap set gives him his World War II get-up.

At this point, I think I'd go crazy if Lego decided to make another Black Widow, at this point, we only got 4 females, and 2 of which were exclusive to SDCC. So if TLG/Marvel decided to put another female in a set, I'd be glad. But another Black Widow? It is way too early in the theme to be re-using characters/ sets. That's why the constant Batman/Spiderman is so disappointing.

Personally I think that the cube itself is clear, but emits a blue light, so that could be what Lego is trying to represent.

I think we'll see a very basic line-up. Probably something like Storm, Wolverine and Xavier for the good guys and Mystique and Magneto for villains. If I had to guess I'd say the line-up is going to be heavily influenced by who the bigger characters in the next X-men movie is (Even if the sets aren't based on the movie they'll still use it as a reference point for what characters to include). And being a kids product they'll use what's most identifiable and those five are probably the most recognizable. Jean and Cyclops aren't in the movie, so I doubt we'll see them in the set.

I thought Cyclops and Jean were coming back through time travel mumbo jumbo? Even so, they're the two X-Men that they had you play as in the first X-Men level of LEGO Marvel, so they probably consider them to be pretty important. I dunno about them using Magneto again, but knowing LEGO it's quite a possibility.

It'd be so sweet if the X-Men set included a Juggernaut macrofigure.

Storm and Mystique would be fine. Personally, I'd most like to see She-Hulk, Wasp, Ms. Marvel, and Spider-Woman. Another Black Widow would be alright as well.

Now THAT would be cool. Maybe if they do that we'll get a Collosus to give the Juggernaut a run for his money?

4 females? I assume you are talking about super heroes, but we have more than 4 total.

Black widow, Jean gray/dark Phoenix, spider woman, faora, wonder woman, Harley Quinn, catwoman, poison ivy, lois lane, pepper Potts, and then batgirl and Mary Jane this next wave. That's a lot of Germany's to me, but I agree I'd want a lot more too.

At this point, I think I'd go crazy if Lego decided to make another Black Widow, at this point, we only got 4 females, and 2 of which were exclusive to SDCC. So if TLG/Marvel decided to put another female in a set, I'd be glad. But another Black Widow? It is way too early in the theme to be re-using characters/ sets. That's why the constant Batman/Spiderman is so disappointing.

No Marvel has 5! Pepper, Black Widow, Mary Jane, Spider Woman, and Jean Grey!

4 females? I assume you are talking about super heroes, but we have more than 4 total.

Black widow, Jean gray/dark Phoenix, spider woman, faora, wonder woman, Harley Quinn, catwoman, poison ivy, lois lane, pepper Potts, and then batgirl and Mary Jane this next wave. That's a lot of Germany's to me, but I agree I'd want a lot more too.

I was referring to Marvel, DC has done a good job with their female figures

That's true, but still only 3 have been/ will be released in sets. Jean Grey/Phoenix and Spiderwoman were SDCC exclusives, and the other 3 have only appeared in the larger sets, and Black Widow will no longer be available come January. I just feel 5 is too small a number, and to have 2 exclusives, in reality the general public was only given access to about 3. Whereas DC has 6, Marvel seems to be doing way better than DC right now in terms of diversity, so the fact that they could only make 3 girls for anyone to buy, and all came in their years respective flagship sets (though MJ is debatable) is quite sad really.

I thought Cyclops and Jean were coming back through time travel mumbo jumbo? Even so, they're the two X-Men that they had you play as in the first X-Men level of LEGO Marvel, so they probably consider them to be pretty important. I dunno about them using Magneto again, but knowing LEGO it's quite a possibility.

I don't think it's been confirmed that they're returning. And even if they are their roles couldn't be that big. My reason for not including them relates to their role in the movie. Whether or not the sets are movie related Lego will undoubtedly choose characters that appear in the movie prominently (Just like how Lego is releasing USM sets featuring the villains from ASM2 a month before it comes out).

And their role in Lego Marvel wasn't exactly that significant. Storm seemed to be the one they were pushing a lot of (Plus her minifigure actually features practical printing). I won't say its impossible they'll show up. But it's unlikely we'll get the complete main group of X-men. Based on how Lego has done it in the past we're only looking at a few completely new minifigures and then a few variations on existing. They like to make us wait.

I'm glad they're featuring women more often, but so many red-heads... They need to branch out for sure.

I'm really quite disappointed that we haven't gotten Gwen Stacy yet. I feel like there's only so many chances for her to be made as MJ has been more consistently popular over the decades. It's only been in recent years that Gwen Stacy has managed to regain a good bit of popularity, and with her future hanging in the balance on future films there may not be a better time to release her. Also I just like her character better, and ASM #121 is perhaps my favorite issue, so I'm dying to get all the right pieces to moc that.

Edited by strangely

I think the reason I'm not as offended as some by the Goblin and Electro designs is because I grew up with the USM comics. And although these sets may be based on the god awful cartoon adaptation of the series, the character designs are, by and large, identical to their comic counterparts.

Also, for those claiming that "Disney ruined Green Goblin and Electro," Ultimate Goblin and Electro first appeared in 2001, far before the Disney acquisition. Just clearing up facts :wink:

I think the reason I'm not as offended as some by the Goblin and Electro designs is because I grew up with the USM comics. And although these sets may be based on the god awful cartoon adaptation of the series, the character designs are, by and large, identical to their comic counterparts.

I grew up with both versions of both characters, so I'm not particularly bothered by them. At the end of the day I would have preferred classic Goblin, but I can live with this version for a while. Truthfully I'm just glad they didn't use the version from the Ultimate comics which was far too Hulk like for my tastes. This version at least looks a bit more original (Ditching the horns and torn clothing and giving him a glider was for the better). With Electro I do prefer the blue version. My favorite SM TV series was the MTV one, and Electro was the blue version in that. Other than I wish they had given him a suit for the torso and legs (Similar to the ASM2 design I suppose) and I would have preferred solid, rather than trans, pieces.

Really this the first USM wave that I'm actually excited for. While they may not exactly be the versions I wanted it's still a great character line-up and will expand the Marvel side pretty well. And the fact that they gave us a classic looking Ock makes up for the last few crummy waves.

Edited by strangely

Does anyone know if the Man Bat set on toys R us a markup or is the normal price 25?

Thanks

That's definitely TRU markup. The regular price at Walmarts is said to be $20.

Toys R Us bugs me with their mark ups, BUYER BEWARE, you can buy a Lego set from TRU, but the only thing you'll be building is an empty bank account.

Don't forget Cyclops was also redesigned during the game's production to have a printed visor rather than the molded one from one of the early trailers. My guess on who we'll get based off the game:

High Chance

- Wolverine with Cowl

- Storm

- Cyclops

- Beast

- Mystique

- Sabretooth

Good Chance

- Jean Grey

- Juggernaught

Decent Chance

- Iceman

- Pyro

It really depends on how many sets we're getting though. If the line up is similar to Iron Man 3 and Man of Steel's we could see all 10 characters (2 in a small set, 3 in a medium one and 5 in a large)

Here are some of my overall comments (echoing many already said):

• If you are going to have multiple Spider-Man sets, why don't they throw in a costume variant or two, e.g. the Black Suit?
  • For example, the new Hulk has the classic purple pants. Yes! I am definitely getting this set just for that alone.
  • Thor, I like that they changed his outfit, but still no helmet? Can we please, please get a helmet next time?
  • Wish they would stick with the classic comic variant for villians such as Elektro and Green Goblin
  • Would be great to see some Fantastic Four sets and X-Men sets
  • A few more Iron Man variants would be great (e.g. Mark I, V, Gemini etc.)
  • Overall comment: much rather have smaller piece builds with higher quality rather than a bigger set - i.e. quality > quantity

Edited by agoodfella