just2good

Super Heroes 2014 Rumors & Discussion

So apparently its not a cigar... I'll still use it as a cigar since it is the closest we'll ever get to one.

And now I think all the anticipation is for December. With the leaked prototype pictures, we basically already knew what the man-bat set would look like, and we already got all the leaked minifigures for that set. And the penguin set already had a picture or two. But the steam-roller is the only one of the 4 to not get any real pictures, batgirl is not finished in the image, and we are unsure if that robin is Damian Wayne or not. Also the steamroller itself seems to not be finished either, so that's the one sets I really wanted to see, glad they waited on that one though, it was the most anticipated for me. But in December we get the summer retailers catalogue is out, and then we'll see if DC gets another wave or not. Hoefully no more batman, and if we're lucky, we may even get another member of the league.

So apparently its not a cigar... I'll still use it as a cigar since it is the closest we'll ever get to one.

Doesn't the Penguin smoke cigarettes in one of those old style long thing cigarette holders?

Penguin1BurgessMeredith.jpg

How can you use a normal black bracket piece as a cigar? I'd say the best part for a cigar would be a Clone Trooper helmet light attachment.

I'm really not feeling that batcopter. It looks pretty weird and slapped together. I think it's the fact that the designer was going for a Bat shape that just throws it off for me. That shape works for a lot of things, but not this helicopter. The bat-crop-duster-whatever-thing in the Steamroller set looks pretty cool, though.

The scuba Batman looks fairly strange, but I can't wait to find out what the unmasked face will be like. That should be cool. And a Penguin variant, for cheap, so how can one go wrong.

I'm a little foggy on why this would make a good cigar.

https://www.thedailybrick.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/700x700/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/l/e/lego_plate_1_x_2_with_handle__open_ends___2540__lego-black-plate-1-x-2-with-handle-open-ends-2540-30-916041-38.png

https://www.thedaily...0-916041-38.png

https://www.thedaily...0-916041-38.png

Haha, my bad, I just saw the pic again :grin:

I originally only saw the top part which appeared to be a short black tube, thanks for the correction, I'll be sure to look closer next time.

Edited by Freddy Bricker

See that's my point. Loki's lego helmet is closer to how it looks in thor but I like how it looks in the avengers better.

I think LEGO was basing it off of the Thor appearance, like they did with his sceptre. At that point The Avengers was just concept art.

And now I think all the anticipation is for December. With the leaked prototype pictures, we basically already knew what the man-bat set would look like, and we already got all the leaked minifigures for that set. And the penguin set already had a picture or two. But the steam-roller is the only one of the 4 to not get any real pictures, batgirl is not finished in the image, and we are unsure if that robin is Damian Wayne or not. Also the steamroller itself seems to not be finished either, so that's the one sets I really wanted to see, glad they waited on that one though, it was the most anticipated for me. But in December we get the summer retailers catalogue is out, and then we'll see if DC gets another wave or not. Hoefully no more batman, and if we're lucky, we may even get another member of the league.

If there are more dc sets the summer wave that I have some predictions: More Batman, at least one more Joker for absolutely no reason, maybe Red Robin and/or Red Hood, and possibly Green Lantern. I still hope we see pics of the final steamroller because I really want to know if that Robin is Damian Wayne, and although Nightwing's glider looks like crap but I like how they tried to emulate his symbol.

The "thing" The Penguin is holding is personally what I believe is some sort of magnification device.

It is the remote control for the penguins.

All this talk about the "cigar" makes me wonder if you guys have terrible eyes lol. It's pretty clear exactly what it is. :tongue:

All this talk about the "cigar" makes me wonder if you guys have terrible eyes lol. It's pretty clear exactly what it is. :tongue:

Never have I seen people so confused over an old lego piece that I'm sure everyone has seen a million times before. :wacko: Its pretty ridiculous and has almost nothing to do with the set itself. :hmpf_bad:

I don't know if I should bring this up so soon after the bad eyesight comment, but does it look like Penguin has some new printing on his torso? It might just be me, but I'd swear he's got like a fur coat print or something.

I don't know if I should bring this up so soon after the bad eyesight comment, but does it look like Penguin has some new printing on his torso? It might just be me, but I'd swear he's got like a fur coat print or something.

He does have a new torso. Not a fur coat though. They're ashes. From his cigar.

He does have a new torso. Not a fur coat though. They're ashes. From his cigar.

I don't think the phrase has ever been used so accurately before but, close but no cigar!

No news for a few days and the board becomes a bad comedy routine... :tongue:

I'm not a fan of Penguins duck boat, I think it would have looked much better had it been a bit bigger. Personally I think Batman's little jet ski is pretty pointless and the parts should have gone to making the duck boat a bit smoother in design. I also feel like they should have done something to portray Penguin's hair, maybe printing like they did for Alfred. Penguin just doesn't look quite right to me without it. But I suppose that will be added when Lego makes a fourth variation of him. :hmpf_bad:

What are you lot smoking

I agree!! How could anyone think that the penguin in a Lego set for kids would have a cigar its quite obvious he is holding the remote so I don't see how people think it is a cigar or want to use it as a cigar. The coat is clearly a fur coat as Lego has never printed ashes on a Lego figure torso before and the pattern matches the look of a fur coat! Simple as! Tell you what though it would be good to see some 2014 marvel set pictures in similar quality!

I agree. The Duckmobile is hardly a good choice of vehicle for Penguin. I'd rather he had a car, or limo, or at least another sub.

And I agree that the ski-jet could've been dropped for the sake of making a bigger boat. Like this one:

batman-video-game-giant-duck_thumb.jpg

Still I hope that the deep dive Batman figure will be interesting enough to make for the ski-jet.

But what we really need is a new top hat mold. The bowler one is amazing, so it's high time we got a proper top hat one! :sceptic:

Good day, ladies and gentlemen! ) :classic:

I don't think the phrase has ever been used so accurately before but, close but no cigar!

I cant believe i didn't think of that! Fantastic!

Edited by lemaskdemasque