mortesv

[MOC] UCS Nebulon B - Medical Frigate 'Redemption'

Such a lovely design. I would definitely pay for a manual if you would release it.

Every time my friends and I discuss about upcoming UCS sets, this name always pops up and I would automatically find this thread and look through the photos again and dream about when I can build this...

Amazing, just amazing.

Edited by Azrielsc

This is one of the best lego projects I have ever seen

I would love to be able to purchase the instructions this amazing ship

I think I would be a great tribute to Mortesv to start to see a few more of these ships out there world wide

I am from Australia an I now know his work and in ore of it

Please notify us when plans become available

Cheers

Registered just to post in this thread so that it does not become forgotten - I'd really love to build this model, looks amazing. I do hope there will be an LDD file available at some point, it's my favourite ship from the Star Wars universe (from hours of X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter) and I could never design one on my own.

Also, if you upload the LDD, do not hesitate to provide a Paypal link for donations, I'd be happy to contribute !

Hi Mortesv,

First time poster but long term Star Wars Lego fan. I've got a dozen or so UCS models and am very interested in expanding my collection. I have tinkered with MLCad and LDD in the past but am no designer. You however, are a master. I know I'm only the latest in a long list but I would really like to build your model. For me it is an outstanding example of what the AFOL community can do.

No pressure but are you any closer to a releasable set of instructions/LDD file?

I private messaged him and he stated that he wants to tinker with the LDD file before making it available. At least we know its still on his radar. :)

WOW! Gorgeous. Was this on display at Brick 2014 in London? I really enjoyed seeing this in person and I've always loved the ship!

I private messaged him and he stated that he wants to tinker with the LDD file before making it available. At least we know its still on his radar. :)

That makes me happy. I wait with bated breath. I suppose the longer I wait the more money I can save for bricklinking!

I assume he is tinkering with them to see how to get the best generated instructions from LDD. I would also assume that he is breaking up the model into a few separate files (Like Cavegod's AT-AT if you are familiar with that) rather than the huge one that would cause LDD to crash generating it.

This is the first time in a while that I have looked back on this topic, and I was blown away once again! This is definitely going to be on my to do list as soon as I finish Cavegod's AT-AT some time this Winter, which is hopefully around the time the LDD files are released :grin:

There is hope \o/. I was just in the process to increase my post count to 10 so I can PM too, but looks like you beat me to it ;).

Thanks for your work on this Mortesv, much appreciated.

Merry Christmas everyone!

An unashamed bump on this thread to re highlight just how awesome a MOC this is and keep my fingers crossed for a late Christmas present from Mortesv in the form of the LDD file for this frigate!

Merry Christmas everyone!

An unashamed bump on this thread to re highlight just how awesome a MOC this is and keep my fingers crossed for a late Christmas present from Mortesv in the form of the LDD file for this frigate!

I just joined the site to indicate my support for MortesV's amazing work, and the eventual release of his LDD files.

Let's not push for LDD files. Maybe he's discussing with Lego itself? :P But still would be great to build this monster!!! I would definately give it a try! :D

If you read Mortesv's posts (in this thread), he said he is planning to provide an LDD when he's finished with it. Patience.

Hi guys, thanks for all the interest!

I've been busy, but once in a while I spend a few hours on the LDD. I am fixing some proportions, which will result in a slightly bigger ship. The entire front will be a bit larger AND more detailed.

Right now I am working on the "fin" section. This has proven to be a bit of a nightmare, because each compartment is like it own separate model. The ones I already have designed is just 10% too small so i have to scale them all - while still maintaining the look and providing more detail.

When the LDD is eventually done I will have to build the real model again - this means also buying new bricks, just to make sure that it can in fact be built :)

I've been busy, but once in a while I spend a few hours on the LDD. I am fixing some proportions, which will result in a slightly bigger ship. The entire front will be a bit larger AND more detailed.

Right now I am working on the "fin" section. This has proven to be a bit of a nightmare, because each compartment is like it own separate model. The ones I already have designed is just 10% too small so i have to scale them all - while still maintaining the look and providing more detail.

When the LDD is eventually done I will have to build the real model again - this means also buying new bricks, just to make sure that it can in fact be built :)

Thank you for the update! Hope all goes well with this tedious process

Even bigger and more detail sounds great - looking forward to the new model <3.

I really hope I'll be able to get all parts for this once it's released, first time I'll try to bricklink something - will probably be a project keeping me entertained for some months ;).

This is amazing. I love the greebles! I am a little worried on what you are standing it on though...

Edited by Ellisss_

I can't wait to see the results of this. I've been checking back on your post frequently, and look forward to it! Also, let me know if I can help you out with bricks. I've got a BrickLink store so can provide you with a discount for anything for this project or a trade for the completed LDD files. Feel free to contact me!

http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=giser