brciktw

The Golden Empress

The Golden Empress by V&A Steamworks

9103489154_c2693e4b1f.jpg

The Empress is so large that its shadow can cover an entire village. Leaving massive air pollution in its wake, the colossal airship demonstrates the awesome power and corruption of the Eastern Empire...

======================================

This Asian Steampunk themed MOC is based upon one of the fantastic illustrations by my friend James Ng.

Find his excellent illustrations here: www.jamesngart.com/

If features the amazing Brick Roof Tiles from BrickTW

Find them here: shop.bricktw.com/

Also featured from BrickTW are the giant Red Swords used for Propellers, and the 1 x 2 rounded bricks.

Sprinked throughout the build are custom chromed elements from Chrome Bricks

Find them here: www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=ChromeBricks

It's a big model, taking up a 2' x 2' footprint. One day I may go back into the build and mechanize all of the numerous propellers and some of the additional functions.

I think this fits better in Sci-Fi, with the other Steampunk mocs. Moving it now.

That is one formidable fortress of an airship, and beautiful too! Those bricktw custom guys sure do make some good looking pieces, don't they?

You've done a fantastic job on this and I love the design. :laugh:

This looks good, but what it makes even more amazing, is that it's identical to the artwork of your friend! Compliments to both you and your friend :wink:

This is utterly perfect. It's an amazing blend of oriental, steampunk and Bionicle building styles, all brought together in a monster ( *oh2*) of a MOC.

I am speechless the awesomness put in this is just too much! I can die peacefully now, its just perfect!

I've never seen a MOC so perfectly complimented by a single picture of it... This is just amazing! I especially think the dragon figurehead it "to-die-for." :wink:

~Deme

A highly original steam-punk air ship 'brciktw'.......excellent designing and great colours.......Brick On Steampunk On 'brciktw' ! :grin:

This ship looks good, even though almost half of it is not genuine LEGO, but some custom parts. I'd like to see more photos to take a look at some details.