CM4Sci

Ninjago Live-Action Film

Gaah, you beat me to it! Well I am about as, if not more, excited as I am for the LEGO Movie. Who thinks it will coincide with the current series and also if Jay Vincent will be composing the music for it?

Where does it say that it's going to be live-action? I think it's going to be animated like the TV show, just with better visuals. At least I hope so because if it is indeed live-action it would blur the line between Ninjago and Power Rangers even more, and I certainly don't want that.

Anyway, this is interesting news. The fact that Ninjago is returning has been known for quite a while, but no one would have thought that it would be a feature film. I just hope they don't diverge from the series too much as that would just piss the fans off. Hopefully it just means that the villains wont be mystical creatures. There has been set rumors which imply that the next bad guys will be some sort of robots which would make sense in that case.

This is the funniest thing I've heard all day. Thanks for the laugh, guys.

Will it be a moderate success? Most likely, yes. I probably will not enjoy it as I didn't enjoy the original series, but then again, I loved CWACOM. Who knows. It would be best as a stop motion film.

Edited by just2good

I'd go see an animated Ninjago movie in a flash. But live action? I'm having trouble picturing that as coming out in any way other than something like the live action Dragonball movie. A lot of Ninjago's charm stems from the total aesthetic of it. I can't see that surviving into Live Action without ending up looking like a cheesy boy band music video. Or a poor mans Power Rangers.

A Ninjago.....movie? Ooooooooooookay...................so WB has enough cash to make a NINJAGO movie and they still haven't made the Rangers Apprentice into movies.

Does anyone feel like LEGO movies are gonna become a trend with WB? I mean, I love the idea of LEGO movies, but I fear that they won't be popular enough on a big enough scale.

Does anyone feel like LEGO movies are gonna become a trend with WB? I mean, I love the idea of LEGO movies, but I fear that they won't be popular enough on a big enough scale.

They probably won't all set box office records, but I imagine they have some potential for success. A Ninjago movie would be a lot different than the LEGO movie that's currently pending release, because it'd be an adaptation of an already story-driven franchise rather than a brand-new property crafted around a broader toy brand. In any event, I don't think feature-length LEGO movies are anywhere close to becoming a "once a year" thing.

Anyway, I'm very excited. I hope Jay Vincent and Michael Kramer will be doing the score. And I hope they can get the original voice cast on board. If so, this is already a recipe for something amazing! Good to know Ninjago has even more momentum than we were giving it credit for!

I'm cautiously optimistic. On the one hand, I LOVE the thought of something to continue the series and retry the ending--anything to distract from that super-awkward ending dialogue at the end of the last episode. :tongue: Ninjago definitely earned a movie.

On the other hand...I was not very impressed by Hotel Transylvania (I was actually rather disappointed at how it squandered a lot of the potential it had, taking what could have been great down to something just "okay"), and in general I hold long-form media up to a higher standard simply because they have more resources at their disposal--so little nitpicks that I could get over in the TV show would become serious annoyances over the course of a 90-minute to 2-hour film.

Also, I didn't find it in the article--is this a 90-minute direct-to-video, or a theatrical feature? I worry that a D-t-V won't hold the bar of quality up to the normal Ninjago standard, especially given that those standards seemed to slip towards the latter half of last season.

I like Lego a lot. I buy Lego. But honestly it's TV series and movies have so far just plain sucked. I have some hope for the upcoming one with all the Parks and Rec people but that's because it's made by different people.

Outside of Lego fans and kids this series has zero appeal to most of us (but it doesn't have to, it'll make $$$ on the kids alone), and I'm a freakin' Lego fan.

I like Lego a lot. I buy Lego. But honestly it's TV series and movies have so far just plain sucked. I have some hope for the upcoming one with all the Parks and Rec people but that's because it's made by different people.

Outside of Lego fans and kids this series has zero appeal to most of us (but it doesn't have to, it'll make $$$ on the kids alone), and I'm a freakin' Lego fan.

Not entirely made by different people. The Hageman brothers, who wrote the Ninjago TV series, both worked on the script for The LEGO Movie.

And furthermore, I've known several people online who became Ninjago fans without previously being LEGO fans. A lot of girls (including several teenage or older) on deviantART put together some amazing Ninjago fanart. It's true that most of them first became exposed to Ninjago through younger siblings or relatives, but the bottom line is a lot of people really do manage to enjoy LEGO Ninjago for reasons other than brand loyalty or childish and indiscriminate tastes. Just like how there were plenty of BIONICLE fans who weren't kids or AFOLs

I find it somewhat insulting to the many kids who like Ninjago that you don't think any adult who isn't a LEGO fan would enjoy it — believe it or not, kids don't just gobble up whatever garbage broadcasters and toy companies shovel at them, and there are other cartoons for them to watch if they don't like a particular one. If kids were that easy to please, then LEGO Hero Factory, LEGO Friends, and LEGO Atlantis all might have gotten their own full TV series, since they started more or less the same way Ninjago did: with a single TV special. I'll admit there are some shows kids watch that I find pretty awful, but that doesn't mean I'm going to dismiss the possibility that any adult without a commitment to the people making it would watch them. It's possible people with different tastes or a different sense of humor might enjoy them just fine, the same as with any of the adult-oriented shows I don't happen to like.

Personally, I think Ninjago is an amazing series. It's one of the three shows I follow devotedly, the others being My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic and The Legend of Korra. I wouldn't go so far as to call it high art (as I might with other cartoons, such as Avatar: The Last Airbender), but it has definite charm, compelling characters, and a decent dose of humor and lightheartedness so I know I don't have to take it too seriously. Plus it has amazing music and fits into that fantasy martial arts genre I really liked as a kid watching Saturday morning cartoons.

Edited by Aanchir

While the idea of live-action isn't as deterring to me (after all, we've seen what "live-action LEGO movie" apparently means in the trailer for the LEGO Movie), I'm wondering how it will coincide with the show. Personally, I would think it would be a condensed version of the tv show, but it says "the film will feature a new take that diverges from the TV series".

So excited for this! Ninjago is one of the 2 Lego themes (other than Bionicle) that for me, have pulled up a really interesting and engaging storyline. Would be a pity if it was live-action though, I do hope it's animated! Can't wait to see more news (and sets) on the Ninjago movie!

So excited for this! Ninjago is one of the 2 Lego themes (other than Bionicle) that for me, have pulled up a really interesting and engaging storyline. Would be a pity if it was live-action though, I do hope it's animated! Can't wait to see more news (and sets) on the Ninjago movie!

Yeah, the "live-action" in the topic typo was apparently just a small blunder. Presumably what CM4S meant was "feature-length" or something to that effect. None of the news articles on this have said anything about it being live-action. It'd be great if a staff member could edit the title so it isn't so misleading.

Chalk me up as someone who is very, very excited for this! I'd love to have some more info though, but I can wait as long as it turns out in the end.

The only way it would as a live action movie is if they translated the charectors into real armored ninja and made it a

little serious. I for one like to see a gritty ninjago movie, it would cool watch them mow through skeletons, but I don't think

Lego will ever let theme go that route.

Well, I guess this explains a bit more. The fact that it has both the Lego Movie's and the show's staff working on it is solid proof that this will be a great movie.