BraselC5048

MOD / MOC - Upper floors interior for Green Grocer

When I build a modular buildings set, it isn't long before I look for something to improve. With the Green Grocer set, the second and third floors clearly needed an interior, since there wan't really anything in there. So, I gave it one:

greengroocer2ndflooroverview_zpsd3526fa8.jpg

This is an overview of the second floor. With the fancy curtains in the windows, that clearly needed to be a bedroom, which meant some walls needed to be added. In the corner by the stairs is the bathroom, and in the lower right is the kitchen/dining area.

Closeup of the kitchen:

greengroocerkitchen_zpscf26d666.jpg

On the left is the sink, counter and oven/stove, with cabinets above.

Closeup of the bathroom:

greengroocer2ndfloorbathroom_zpse310c0f6.jpg

And finally the bedroom:

greengroocerbeedroom_zps8a913ade.jpg

The bed fits 2 minifigures, held in place by those studs on the bed.

The third floor is one big room:

greengroocer3rdfloor1_zps6600fdc6.jpg

The radiator got relocated:

greengroocer3rdfloor3_zpsd810ed8d.jpg

And my personal favorite, the bookcase, with a radio on top:

greengroocerbookcase_zpsae0136a0.jpg

There weren't any changes made to the first floor, since it already had a decent interior, and the outside was unchanged.

(note to moderator - do I need to make the pictures smaller?)

Interesting MOD. I love seeing interiors in any building, but especially official sets that didn't have them. Just to see everyone's different take on the matter.

I like the addition of the walls for the bedroom. that makes sense. I could also see that being a living room and the bedroom being upstairs.

I may have to do something like this when (if) I ever finish my GG build.

Keep up the good work.

Nice! I particularly like the seats in the bay windows and the rug in front of the sofa.

I think it would make more sense to have the lounge room with the kitchen and the bedroom on the upper level. This would probably provide enough room to then have a bath and / or shower as well on the upper level.

Nice modifications there 'BraselC5048' :grin: , I wished I did the same to my GG before an accident trashed it..... :cry_sad: oh, well Brick On 'BraselC5048' ! :classic:

Cool interior there, I have the last pieces of my GG on their way to me, you have inspired me to do something similar down the track! It looks great!

Welcome to EB and Happy building :laugh:

Very well done - I like the details like the cooker hood (is that the word?) :)

I agree with the others - very well done. This is exactly what the original is lacking inside. Though the space is somewhat limited, you managed to create all the rooms and furnished them appropriately to turn it into a true residential building.

Keep up the good work!

Nice! I particularly like the seats in the bay windows and the rug in front of the sofa.

I think it would make more sense to have the lounge room with the kitchen and the bedroom on the upper level. This would probably provide enough room to then have a bath and / or shower as well on the upper level.

I agree with Kristel. The bay window seating and table are a nice touch.

Very nice work! I really like your furniture. I plan on building out the upper interiors for my GG at some point, though the thought of sourcing more sand green for interior walls gives me pause. I also really like your inclusion of a bathroom, it seems rare to have in most modulars. Most people's cities must have a ton of outhouses :laugh:

Love your interior, I like the radio over the bookcase as well. I'm about to start building my green grocer soon and thought about adding an interior for the 2nd and 3rd floors. This gives me a few ideas and if I g through with it I will be sure to post them here. I also agree with Kristel that the bedroom being on the 3rd floor will allow more room for the bathroom while also making a living/dining/kitchen area on the 2nd. This is only a minor gripe but overall I still think your mod is great.