Sign in to follow this  
Zepher

Mafia Mafia: Day Two - Lynch Lunch Hour!

sorry, vote was not bolded.

un-fake vote: Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam)

Vote : Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam)

You're right, the Male Lover doesn't behave like he did at high school. I'm still comfortable with the lynch.

Basically this. :laugh:

I really do not like that The Paranoid Gun Owner keeps slinking back into the woodwork...well the gray baseplate work...

Vote : Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam)

I'm locked in, I suppose.

Remember when people were suspicious of def for playing differently from a well established style he had, and then he died and was Town? Male Lover is playing his second game and hasn't had a chance to develop a style yet, and people are meta-bandwagoning him. "His posts weren't consistent" I can get behind. "He was different in Mafia School" I can't. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart, but I played far worse in Jedi Temple (my first real mafia game) than in A Bedtime Story, and I was Town in both games. Then in Harriet Slutter, O was way more aggressive and arguably a better player (but a worse person! :laugh: )You can't expect a second time player to keep a cool and powerful leadership presence (LegoDad's role in Aperture, that people expect him to retain) when you're playing with big names like Hinckley for the first time. Heck, this is my fourth game and I feel intimidated just by the presence of some of the people here. In my opinion: Male Lover may be a good lynch, but we're lynching him for the wrong reasons. I support this lynch because of inconsistent posts and lack of contribution besides a lynch the lurkers policy. I think the people who support the lynch JUST

because he's playing differently need to think more about behavior than past games.

Of course, I still support the lynch, so you can just ignore me ranting. :tongue:

Avoiding discussion about the Witch, huh? I already posted my thoughts on the Witch when I got back and how I understood her being a Vig target. And inconsistent how? With what I've said? You need to explain this part to me more.

This is the post you made after the whole Witch saga died down,

1. Anyway, about the subject of the Vig, I still find it really odd how they claimed to the Female Lover.

2. At this point I don't think it's as bad anymore (she hasn't really seemed too scummy to me) but earlier I was completely unsure about her.

3. So it's not about why the claim was made to me, it's more about when.

4. Also, I don't really blame them for trying to kill the Witch.

5. She wasn't overly helpful yesterday and mostly just went over things other people had already stated.

6. Why was the Goon trusted so easily by the Witch and the Female Lover?

7. A life saver pill is something that shouldn't be taken lightly.

8. But, I guess it's better for it to have a chance of being in the hands of someone that's slightly trustworthy rather than a chance of it being in the hands of a member of the scum.

9. BONAD was very eager, but like others have said I think he meant more good than harm.

10. I think scum would be more careful of blabbing about that kind of stuff in public.

11. About the subject of today, I feel like the suspicion on the Male Lover has kind of gone away at this point.

12. Though, A Cultist lynch wouldn't be bad in my mind because it would give us lots of new information.

13. If he's scum, it could verify the argument that him and I weren't on the same side which was brought up yesterday.

14. Maybe it could also end up shedding a little light or even a little suspicion on the Usurper for bringing up the initial case against him.

15. So I'll:

Fakevote: The Cultist (Fred Daniel Yam)

1-3: Nothing much about The Witch, just a suggestion that people shouldn't trust the vig so easily.

4: This is when you really talked about The Witch. So from sentences 1-3 I get the sense that you don't trust the vig, yet now you are not blaming the vig?

5: If you don't trust the vig, yet you are speaking up for the vig???

6-8: Midway stance on the pill.

9-10: Defended BONAD

11: Defended Male Lover

12-13: Made a suggestion that if The Cultist is scum, that would clear you. My question is, if The Cultist is Town, would that clear you?

14: Made a suggestion that in any case if the lynch on The Cultist does not clear you, everyone should take a look at The Ursurper.

15: Votes for The Cultist.

Bravo. Well thought out plan just in case something happens to you, you have another scapegoat to go with.

The lynch on The Male Lover and The Cultist would set us up for tomorrow to determine if we should let The Snake Charmer off the hook.

We should also monitor BONAD's behaviour since The Snake Charmer defended BONAD. The way The Snake Charmer puts it across, it could be a big WIFOM.

:wall:

1. Snake Charmer and Jester are still moderately suspicious (at least to me) but they aren't the persons of interest today.

2. BONAD got his revelation about The Witch from the person who claimed vig to both him and to the Female Lover.

3. BONAD jumped to the "Witch must be SK conclusion".

4. This was faulty reasoning, since we have protectors, lifesaver pills and Inventors, all of which prevent people from being killed in the night.

5. The Witch claimed lifesaver pill, which was confirmed by Female Lover.

6. To conclude: BONAD is off the hook for today (different situation than yesterday) and it is still possible that The Witch could be scum (or SK), but we have no evidence to support that hypothesis any more. There is no case.

7. And we're lynching the Cultist because he's quitting.

8. How do you feel about the other lynch candidate (Male Lover), whom you did not mention in your list of suspicious people?

9. Great job posting zero insight or content.

10. Ah. And blockers. They can stop people from being killed in the night as well.

11. @ The Doctor:

If we decide to lynch someone other than The Cultist because FDY will be allegedly modkilled, I'm behind you all the way on PGO.

1. You find Jester and Snake Charmer suspicious, yet you are not pursuing them? You intend to leave it till tomorrow? Why not start now since you want to find another lynch candidate? Suggestion: You can start with those 2 and try to pick them apart.

2-4: You said BONAD has faulty reasoning? Yet you are asking for another lynch candidate and not pursuing BONAD for answers? Suggestion: BONAD might be your third lynch choice.

5: So?

6: Defended BONAD. You said BONAD has faulty reasoning and you said there was no case for him?

7: Yes

8: Male Lover had faulty reasoning too. Yet you are not defending him. Interesting.

9: Cheers

10: Thinking up more reasons to protect The Witch?

11: You have 3 potential lynch candidates to pursue (that you have mentioned) and you have chose to ignore them.

Instead you decided to metagame and pick on the person that saw through your scummy actions and behaviour in high school and the way I am seeing it is that you are intending to remove a potential threat from this game that could potentially ruin your grand plot. Well PGO is pretty quiet I have to say, same goes to BONAD, Virgin, Jester and Stump.

Between The Snake Charmer and The First Day Lynch, I find the First Day Lynch more suspicious. Because he is asking for lynch candidate when he blatantly chooses to ignore the people he named.

I will vote for the First Day Lynch but I will follow up with my vote when I get a chance to access real technology.

Remember when people were suspicious of def for playing differently from a well established style he had, and then he died and was Town? Male Lover is playing his second game and hasn't had a chance to develop a style yet, and people are meta-bandwagoning him. "His posts weren't consistent" I can get behind. "He was different in Mafia School" I can't. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart, but I played far worse in Jedi Temple (my first real mafia game) than in A Bedtime Story, and I was Town in both games. Then in Harriet Slutter, O was way more aggressive and arguably a better player (but a worse person! :laugh: )You can't expect a second time player to keep a cool and powerful leadership presence (LegoDad's role in Aperture, that people expect him to retain) when you're playing with big names like Hinckley for the first time. Heck, this is my fourth game and I feel intimidated just by the presence of some of the people here. In my opinion: Male Lover may be a good lynch, but we're lynching him for the wrong reasons. I support this lynch because of inconsistent posts and lack of contribution besides a lynch the lurkers policy. I think the people who support the lynch JUST

because he's playing differently need to think more about behavior than past games.

Of course, I still support the lynch, so you can just ignore me ranting. :tongue:

It's always good to question the principles and tactics of the people voting for the person you think is Scummiest. :look:

:look:

:wacko:

This is the post you made after the whole Witch saga died down,

1-3: Nothing much about The Witch, just a suggestion that people shouldn't trust the vig so easily.

4: This is when you really talked about The Witch. So from sentences 1-3 I get the sense that you don't trust the vig, yet now you are not blaming the vig?

5: If you don't trust the vig, yet you are speaking up for the vig???

6-8: Midway stance on the pill.

9-10: Defended BONAD

11: Defended Male Lover

12-13: Made a suggestion that if The Cultist is scum, that would clear you. My question is, if The Cultist is Town, would that clear you?

14: Made a suggestion that in any case if the lynch on The Cultist does not clear you, everyone should take a look at The Ursurper.

15: Votes for The Cultist.

1-3: I never mentioned the Vig being suspicious. What I was trying to get at was why they claimed to the Female Lover at the time they did. If they have such an important role, why be so jumpy with claiming it to people? It's more of me saying why the Female Lover was chosen for the Vig to claim to.

4-5: So, because of that, I never said I didn't trust the Vig at all.

9-10: Yes, because I don't think he's scummy as others. My opinion differs from yours and I'd lean towards him coming up Town.

11: That's not defending at all. That's me saying that I think everyone forgot about the suspicion towards the Male Lover. Although, I will admit, my stance on him is sort of similar to the BONAD. Male Lover hasn't come up as overly scummy to me. I don't think he'll flip scum as much as others do so I'm not voting for him.

12-13: You know the answer to that, of course it wouldn't clear me. I'm still confident he'll flip scum though and what I don't like is everyone now saying they think he'll come up Town after the bandwagon against him as already formed.

14: Fine, if the Cultist is Town then I really don't mind if I'm questioned more. Honestly, I find him to be the scummiest person here right now which is why I voted for him. Like I said, I'm still confident he's scum.

15. Yeah.

So, there you go. I think Cultist will come up scum and that's why I voted for him. I firmly stand by my vote for him being one of the lynch candidates today.

It's always good to question the principles and tactics of the people voting for the person you think is Scummiest. :look:

:look:

:wacko:

Not scummiest, that's stump. Why do you think I'm voting him? :tongue: I'd just support a ML lynch over a lurker lynch, if that was not clear.

1. You find Jester and Snake Charmer suspicious, yet you are not pursuing them? You intend to leave it till tomorrow? Why not start now since you want to find another lynch candidate? Suggestion: You can start with those 2 and try to pick them apart.

I don't think there's support for those lynches today.

2-4: You said BONAD has faulty reasoning? Yet you are asking for another lynch candidate and not pursuing BONAD for answers? Suggestion: BONAD might be your third lynch choice.

BONAD and vig thought that The Witch must be the SK. Not just BONAD was at fault for this reasoning, and I'm fairly sure the claimed vig is town.

5: So?

You wanted to know why BONAD had changed his attention. It's because his and the vig's idea that The Witch must be the bulletproof SK had a much simpler explanation.

6: Defended BONAD. You said BONAD has faulty reasoning and you said there was no case for him?

No case against The Witch directly due to night actions. Doesn't preclude BONAD or The Witch from actually being scum. BONAD's change in behaviour makes sense today, but it didn't yesterday.

7: Yes

8: Male Lover had faulty reasoning too. Yet you are not defending him. Interesting.

Male Lover had inconsistent statements and was convinced that the vig metagamed The Cop when it was already abundantly clear that the vig had not killed last night.

9: Cheers

10: Thinking up more reasons to protect The Witch?

No, but there are plenty of reasons apart from being the bulletproof SK that the vig might fail to kill you at night.

11: You have 3 potential lynch candidates to pursue (that you have mentioned) and you have chose to ignore them.

You mean BONAD, Snake Charmer and Jester? There's no support for lynching them today

Instead you decided to metagame and pick on the person that saw through your scummy actions and behaviour in high school and the way I am seeing it is that you are intending to remove a potential threat from this game that could potentially ruin your grand plot. Well PGO is pretty quiet I have to say, same goes to BONAD, Virgin, Jester and Stump.

I'm not just going by an admittedly faulty metagame, because there's no meta to go on. It's nothing personal. Male Lover can't decide whether or not the vig killed someone (thinks the vig killed The Cop) and seems to be posting on a content-light basis, "flying under the radar", it's called. I have no plot. What's your point about the PGO, BONAD, Virgin, Jester and Stump?

Between The Snake Charmer and The First Day Lynch, I find the First Day Lynch more suspicious. Because he is asking for lynch candidate when he blatantly chooses to ignore the people he named.

I will vote for the First Day Lynch but I will follow up with my vote when I get a chance to access real technology.

The people I would want to examine more closely now (e.g. Snake Charmer, PGO) are not necessarily those whom the town would feel comfortable lynching today. Lynching is a democratic process. And I'm voting for Male Lover, so I shouldn't really orchestrate a lynch I'm not voting on.

I wasn't even on your list earlier. Did writing a "Cliffs Notes" for the day really ping you that much, or are you trying to get something smelly to stick?

Also, Re: BONAD and Female Lover: we all know they're in contact with the vig, so if the vig dies in the night they're in deep trouble. I doubt either is scum.

Either BONAD or Female Lover, I mean. Of course I think the vig is town.

And, as I said in one of my earlier posts, we can get new information from this lynch too. Especially with the development of people saying they'll think he's Town after several votes had already been sent in for him. Why are people changing their minds now? Who pushed hard for him if he comes of Town (which I doubt)? This is my stance on it all. I think the Cultist will end being one of hte lynchees anyway though.

Oh yeah, if Male Lover comes up town, I'm in trouble. At least I'm only vanilla!

Oh yeah, if Male Lover comes up town, I'm in trouble. At least I'm only vanilla!

What? Why would you be in trouble?

Um. Suspicious much? Nobody even accused you and you're blurting out defenses and claiming in thread. Guilty conscience?

Not scummiest, that's stump. Why do you think I'm voting him? :tongue: I'd just support a ML lynch over a lurker lynch, if that was not clear.

You said you support his lynch yet you just told me in private that "odds are Male Lover is Town," (not an exact quote, not a rule break), so how are you reconciling these two statements? Do you support the lynch of someone you believe to be Town? Why?

And it's interesting how you are playing both sides of the fence here. You vote for The Stump, yet you support the lynch of The Male Lover, yet you believe that he is Town.

... *huh*

Ping-a-ding-ding. :hmpf_bad:

Um. Suspicious much? Nobody even accused you and you're blurting out defenses and claiming in thread. Guilty conscience?

No, I just feel responsible for ML's lynch and think it will go badly for me if he turns out to be town (which I sincerely doubt).

What do you have to say about the Female Lover's potato evidence? To me, it sounds like you're trying to stir up dirt on me.

Also, that you're scum.

This is dumb, but...

You said you support his lynch yet you just told me in private that "odds are Male Lover is Town," (not an exact quote, not a rule break), so how are you reconciling these two statements? Do you support the lynch of someone you believe to be Town? Why?

And it's interesting how you are playing both sides of the fence here. You vote for The Stump, yet you support the lynch of The Male Lover, yet you believe that he is Town.

... *huh*

Seriously? I want a very good explanation of this or I'm switching my vote.

... *huh*

Day 2: In Which Kadabra is a Bad Communicator

Title change anyone? :grin:

Here's my train of thougt:

1. ML is likely Town

2. stump is likely Scum

3. Nobody wants to vote Stump

4. Everyone wants to vote ML or PGO, as far as I can tell (not counting

Cultist)

5. PGO is a lurker

6. ML is active and earnest, but inconsistent

7. Lynch Stump>Lynch inconsistent player>Lynch quiet player

Side note: Metagaming a new player = dumb in my mind

Day 2: In Which Kadabra is a Bad Communicator

Title change anyone? :grin:

Here's my train of thougt:

1. ML is likely Town

2. stump is likely Scum

3. Nobody wants to vote Stump

4. Everyone wants to vote ML or PGO, as far as I can tell (not counting

Cultist)

5. PGO is a lurker

6. ML is active and earnest, but inconsistent

7. Lynch Stump>Lynch inconsistent player>Lynch quiet player

Why not convince us that ML is a bad lynch? Why not poke PGO if you're interested in him?

No, I just feel responsible for ML's lynch and think it will go badly for me if he turns out to be town (which I sincerely doubt).

What do you have to say about the Female Lover's potato evidence? To me, it sounds like you're trying to stir up dirt on me.

Also, that you're scum.

Um...well, I kind of started the case against Male Lover when it came to the weird idea that def's behavior got him killed. As for the potato message, I don't think it had anything to do with you. Strike that. I know it had nothing to do with you. What made you think that. I was talking with The Godfather about The Male Lover.

@ Female Lover

1. Godfather accuses me of feeling guilty about ML lynch
  2. You bring up PM indicating Godfather is scum
  3. I conclude that Godfather is trying to make me look like scum, but he knows I'm town.

Why not convince us that ML is a bad lynch? Why not poke PGO if you're interested in him?

I'm not interested in PGO - I find it silly that people seem willing to jump on him for lurking when nobody will vote Stump, and will even defend him, for flying under the radar. I think PGO is new and needs to learn that talking is good. I think

Stump needs to be lynched. I've made that point on multiple occasions. However, the collective,Town wants to lynch ML or PGO. I think both of those lynches are suboptimal, therefore I am leaving my vote on Stump. I feel that ML is a better target than PGO if it comes down to the to of them. Plain enough for you?

@ Female Lover

1. Godfather accuses me of feeling guilty about ML lynch
  2. You bring up PM indicating Godfather is scum
  3. I conclude that Godfather is trying to make me look like scum, but he knows I'm town.

Or you're just scummy. You know, that works too. :hmpf:

In this edition of "Scum or Dumb?" the answer is "dumb" because I've started saying silly things and it's time to go to bed.

Cultist seems set for our first lynch, so I'll try to get something with our second lynch by vote: Male Lover (LegoDad), I agree with the Jester in that almost all of his posts yesterday were fluff and in addition to his mix-ups, contradictions, and ill logic made today, he seems like a good lead.