Erdbeereis

LEGO Star Wars 2013 Pictures and Rumors

You're right. Although some of those vehicles were in both films, the minifigs are clearly from AotC. Maybe we will get more RotS sets next year, as the 3D release was originally intended for 2014.

To be honest I'm not expecting a lot of focus on ROTS next year. There's really not a whole lot left that hasn't already been covered by AOTC and TCW.

Edited by wesker

To be honest I'm not expecting a lot of focus on ROTS next year. There's really not a whole lot left that hasn't already been covered by AOTC and TCW.

And with the recent Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and Palpatine's Arrest, I can't think of any major ROTS sets that would be necessary. Maybe a new Wheel Bike and Boga, with a ROTS-accurate Grievous.

As for these upcoming AOTC sets, I'm ecstatic! Poggle the Lesser will be a fantastic figure, and I can't wait for more Jedi!

And with the recent Anakin's Jedi Interceptor and Palpatine's Arrest, I can't think of any major ROTS sets that would be necessary. Maybe a new Wheel Bike and Boga, with a ROTS-accurate Grievous.

The Invisible Hand comes to mind.

The Invisible Hand comes to mind.

While it needs to get made at some point, its too soon for one after the Malevolance. I think there's a higher chance of seeing another Turbo Tank first.

Disappointed with the figure listings for the new AOTC sets >:( not enough clones! Only like one in each set >:( unacceptable

I agree with you. Lego is slacking big time on this. What a ripoff. The battlepack to is a ripoff. You can't army build anymore.

I'm fine with less clones. As much as these new AOTC clones are my favourite clones yet, the other Phase 1 CW clones are fine, and I still love the old 2002 versions. I'd rather all of the remakes of old figs, plus some of the new Jedi. Plus, the Tank Droid sounds cheap enough to be bought at least twice. And hopefully these new clones will become relatively cheap on BL.

After having read the descriptions more thoroughly, I'm quite content with what we seem to be getting. Sure, maybe one more clone in the Tank and Spider droid sets would have been nice, but overall we're getting quite a few brand new figs. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm really intrigued by the JEK-14 fighter. The clone commando thing sounds an awful lot like a Republic Commando, and if it is, I'm glad.

A new Rock-em-Sock-em Robots style Mustafar playset? :wink:

I kid, I kid.

Edited by Drock

So Lego puts their focus on ROTS next year then? As an OT only fan, i guess i'll have 2 quiet years of Lego SW ahead of me then ;)

Is good for the wallet. ;)

So Lego puts their focus on ROTS next year then? As an OT only fan, i guess i'll have 2 quiet years of Lego SW ahead of me then ;)

I thought they would release ANH in 3D next year, too.

Utapau is full of stuff they could do. Probably enough to do a whole wave like this years Geonosis but it would mostly mean playsets and those are very unlikely. Otherwise there are many things from the Order 66 scenes that they could also market for The Clone Wars. I wouldn´t count on a Jedi temple set because of its rather strong ties with child murder (even though it would be awesome).

I definitely think we will see more EpIII stuff later this year (dec 2013, winter wave 2014). I think a Kashyyyk place set, Mustafar play set, Wheel Bike etc. would be high on the list.

Hmm.. looks like this year I'll only be getting the A-Wing. Definitely not enough Classic Trilogy or post-CT EU stuff (I'm not that big on everything set before ep. IV).

I do suppose that leaves more budget for Bricklink :devil:

I was really hoping for a some of the beasts in the Geonosis set. Who doesn't want an Ackley, Reek, and Nexu??

But, I guess it would have been too soon for them to release this with just releasing the Rancor pit set. Since we did get a new mold for him.

Jamie

I was really hoping for an Arena Battle set as well. It doesn't look like it's going to happen, though, since the Republic Gunship already includes Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Padme minifigs. :sceptic:

I agree with you. Lego is slacking big time on this. What a ripoff. The battlepack to is a ripoff. You can't army build anymore.

Would agree with you, would deffo like some more clones (especially in the battle packs). Also would have liked to see a new clone commander in one of the new sets.

I think that LEGO could've made one set based on the Petranaki Arena. They could remove Anakin and Padme from the Gunship set and replace them with two clone troopers. Then, they could make a medium sized playlet with Anakin, Padme and two Geonosians. The set could include two of the three pillars and one of the gates the creatures come out of, along with the Reek. It wouldn't be the whole arena, but it would've been better than nothing, and it would have given us not only one of the three creatures, but also some new non-CW Geonosians.

Also would have liked to see a new clone commander in one of the new sets.

The new gunship is supposed to have a new clone officer in it however it won't do much good as he won't have a decent force to command either that or half of his force will be clone sergeants from battlepacks.

One possibility for an army is to buy both the battle pack and planet set. Then sell the clone sergeant with the planet set and keep the regular clone. Bound to make some money back this way.

I thought they would release ANH in 3D next year, too.

Not just ANH but likely ESB and ROTJ as well. Lucasfilm will probably want to get them out before Episode 7 hits theatres in 2015.

Will the battle droids in the attack of the clones sets be regular tan ones or will they perhaps be dark orange or something resembling more the colour they were during the battle on geonosis?

Personally i'd prefer regular tan ones but i'm sure there are some that would disagree.