Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Technically, this discussion belongs in this thread, but I'll leave it here for now and just merge it once you get some opinions.

Personally, I'd get the big set and I wouldn't worry about which version, US or not, I'd take the quality of the offer into account over a set number that means very little.

Technically, this discussion belongs in this thread, but I'll leave it here for now and just merge it once you get some opinions.

Personally, I'd get the big set and I wouldn't worry about which version, US or not, I'd take the quality of the offer into account over a set number that means very little.

Thanks, I wasn't sure which forum it most belonged in, but I thought having it in space and getting feedback on it from the space folks would be vital. Do you know why the US sets sell for such a premium?

Thanks again!

First of all if this is in the wrong forum could a moderator please move it as I was unsure which one it belonged in. OK so anyway, at my local Toy's R us they were having a lego agents sale. The agents mobile command center, usually US $89.99 was on sale for US $69.99. The Agents Volcano Base was priced at US $59.99, a 10$ markdown from it's normal $69.99. I have been wanting to buy an agents set for quite some time now, and with this sale I am prompted to buy them. :devil: But at the moment my wallet will only be able to afford one, so, I need some advice. Which one should I buy? What are the pro's and con's of each? Is there any particular problem with either of the sets that I should know about? Thanks for your attention to this matter.

pat :blush:

Yes, I believe their is a topic specificly for the "What should I buy" subject.

However, I searched around and I can't seem to find it, so I'm assuming it is a little old.

And anywhay, it's pretty much your decision. I would reommend the Command center, though. :wink:

Yes, I believe their is a topic specificly for the "What should I buy" subject.

However, I searched around and I can't seem to find it, so I'm assuming it is a little old.

And anywhay, it's pretty much your decision. I would reommend the Command center, though. :wink:

I was leaning towards the command Center as well.

Mobile command centre is excellent for vehicles parts (and indeed actual vehicles) and navy and grey bricks/plates. I would say it is probably better for general purpose building (great for plates and panels).

The Volcano Base is cooler and looks awesome. It is good value too, but with the mobile command centre being reduced so much, I guess that is less of an issue.

Both sets have Agent Trace and Dr. Inferno, but mobile command centre has Agent Charge, and volcano base has "Claw-dette".

First of all if this is in the wrong forum could a moderator please move it as I was unsure which one it belonged in.

Topics merged. :classic: Regarding to your question, I will love to get the Mobile Command Center as it provides high playability and many cool gadgets. Below are some reviews which is done by our very EB Awesome Set Reviewer.

8635 Mobile Command Center

8637 Volcano Base

Topics merged. :classic: Regarding to your question, I will love to get the Mobile Command Center as it provides high playability and many cool gadgets. Below are some reviews which is done by our very EB Awesome Set Reviewer.

8637 Volcano Base

TRUE. Go for Mobile Command Center as it also includes a lot of minifigs, accessories and also playability. The light brick batteries can be replace too and @ least it has something like projecter in it. Besides, it looks more complete as a truck if compare to Volcano Base which is real empty.

As for Sam go and buy the set which can complete your collection instead of buying a set for the sake of a contest. But for me, I would personally go for the Castle set because the truck is incomplete and far way different from the movie.

Edited by baby

TRUE. Go for Mobile Command Center as it also includes a lot of minifigs, accessories and also playability. The light brick batteries can be replace too and @ least it has something like projecter in it. Besides, it looks more complete as a truck if compare to Volcano Base which is real empty.

As for Sam go and buy the set which can complete your collection instead of buying a set for the sake of a contest. But for me, I would personally go for the Castle set because the truck is incomplete and far way different from the movie.

Thanks

Thanks for the feedback everyone...I went ahead and purchased the 2 smaller sets and an assortment of pieces. I really am wanting the larger set but at this point I'll be enjoying the 2 smaller ones :)

8637 Volcano Base

Thanks for your help whitefang. And I think I have decided to buy the command center after realizing it came with 2 laptops! :classic: So I don't need any additional comments on my original post. Thanks

pat

Thanks for the feedback everyone...I went ahead and purchased the 2 smaller sets and an assortment of pieces. I really am wanting the larger set but at this point I'll be enjoying the 2 smaller ones :)

Topic merged. Glad you have decided on your purchase. :classic:

Thanks for your help whitefang. And I think I have decided to buy the command center after realizing it came with 2 laptops! :classic: So I don't need any additional comments on my original post. Thanks

pat

No problem. Glad the reviews and the rest of the members have helped you on this. I will love to get the Mobile Command Center too. Its defintely one of the best Agent sets which offer very high playability.

4996 Beach House

I am considering buying this, and would really like to know some thoughts on it. I don't have any creator, or I may have one old one actually, but regardless it would be out of place in my set up but i fel it is a really cool set and would be fun to do a lot of things with it. So thoughts on it would be nice...what is it running against? I guess the V-19 torrent, though it is possible to get both.

4996 Beach House

I am considering buying this, and would really like to know some thoughts on it. I don't have any creator, or I may have one old one actually, but regardless it would be out of place in my set up but i fel it is a really cool set and would be fun to do a lot of things with it. So thoughts on it would be nice...what is it running against? I guess the V-19 torrent, though it is possible to get both.

First of all, ask yourself this question. Are you a CITY or Town collector? If yes, by all means, get this set. It's a beauty. I am one of the collectors, whom have bought 3 Beach Houses, and built all 3 different designs. All 3 designs are really amazing and its nice to integrate with any tabletop towns or could be modified to fit to your likings. I enjoyed building this set, and its very nice to place all 3 together. I am not a big fan of Creator's line. I am much interested in its buildings and houses.

If you compared it to a V-19 Torrent, I will not know how strong is your preference as its can be quite costly for just an aircraft, even though it looks nice. Take a few moments, and think about it.

Well solo, the v-19 Torrent set is a very nice set. :thumbup: However, comparing the differences in my opinion even if I am a star wars fan. The beach house is more worth its value. The v-19 is a bit fragile and has limited functions. However seeing from what whitefang wrote, you can turn the house into 3 different houses. That is amazing by itself. Whats more seeing from the picture it looks much better than the torrent. As I said before this is in my opinion. :classic: Do what you want and feel, that is how I buy my lego. I feel and see which one is more worth its value and which one I really like,want or need. :wink:

$30 extra to spend. No specific theme. What should I get?

First of all, ask yourself this question. Are you a CITY or Town collector? If yes, by all means, get this set. It's a beauty. I am one of the collectors, whom have bought 3 Beach Houses, and built all 3 different designs. All 3 designs are really amazing and its nice to integrate with any tabletop towns or could be modified to fit to your likings. I enjoyed building this set, and its very nice to place all 3 together. I am not a big fan of Creator's line. I am much interested in its buildings and houses.

If you compared it to a V-19 Torrent, I will not know how strong is your preference as its can be quite costly for just an aircraft, even though it looks nice. Take a few moments, and think about it.

Well solo, the v-19 Torrent set is a very nice set. However, comparing the differences in my opinion even if I am a star wars fan. The beach house is more worth its value. The v-19 is a bit fragile and has limited functions. However seeing from what whitefang wrote, you can turn the house into 3 different houses. That is amazing by itself. Whats more seeing from the picture it looks much better than the torrent. As I said before this is in my opinion. Do what you want and feel, that is how I buy my lego. I feel and see which one is more worth its value and which one I really like,want or need.

Thank you very much, both of you. The past couple days it has been in and out of my mind, I really like the set but I'm not sure I have a place for it, I think by Christmas though, I can make some room, because it really is just a great set! There are multiple possibilites that are great and could be used, and I think it could be fitted for different things. It doesn't particularly go with my other sets but that doesn't mean I can't build one then dis-asemble then build another one, so I think I still would like to get it, and thanks for all the help, and by the way I am not a town collector at all unfortunately, though I do admire those with giant cites that are completly decked out.

$30 extra to spend. No specific theme. What should I get?

Hmmm, well you could always give it to me! :laugh: I think that you should get the 2008 City Advent Calendar. Good set IMHO. :thumbup:

Now, what should I buy, the new Pirate Imperial Fort or the Special Edition Pirate base? I'm leaning towards the Imperial Fort.....

Hmmm, well you could always give it to me! :laugh: I think that you should get the 2008 City Advent Calendar. Good set IMHO. :thumbup:

Now, what should I buy, the new Pirate Imperial Fort or the Special Edition Pirate base? I'm leaning towards the Imperial Fort.....

I actually just made this decision the other day, so I will offer you my advice. I really think the Imperial fort is just more versatile, it offers that dock function which is great and not often scene but my favorite part is that it can be easily merged into a castle theme or it could easily stay Pirate. I think it's great, really versatile and my personal favorite and probobly only buy from the new Pirate line.

I actually just made this decision the other day, so I will offer you my advice. I really think the Imperial fort is just more versatile, it offers that dock function which is great and not often scene but my favorite part is that it can be easily merged into a castle theme or it could easily stay Pirate. I think it's great, really versatile and my personal favorite and probobly only buy from the new Pirate line.

Yes, follow this man's wise advice. I am dying to know how good the Fort is! :grin:

Hi, I actually have $110 to spend in some lego SW (Star Wars collector :pir-classic: ) I have the next 3 possible options:

- 7676 Republic Attack Gunship

- 7675 AT-TE

- 7680 Twilght

Actually I own the old AT-TE and Gunship sets and I like the looking of the Twilight (Yeah I donĀ“t think it is crap :pir-laugh: ) so what do you think. The first two sets are such of an improvement?

Hi, I actually have $110 to spend in some lego SW (Star Wars collector :pir-classic: ) I have the next 3 possible options:

- 7676 Republic Attack Gunship

- 7675 AT-TE

- 7680 Twilght

Actually I own the old AT-TE and Gunship sets and I like the looking of the Twilight (Yeah I donĀ“t think it is crap :pir-laugh: ) so what do you think. The first two sets are such of an improvement?

I think the new republic gunship is a great improvement as far as playability goes and has a great selection of new parts. If you're the type of person who keeps the sets on display, however, I'd recommend The Twilight for variety.

I too, am a non-believer in it's crappiness! :pir-blush: