Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I want all, but I think i'll keep it in one.. wich one?

8088 Arc starfighter for 50 eur

8077 TIE defender for 45 eur

8078 Gate of atlants for 50 eur

7597 Railway chase for 50 eur

(there's a bunch of legos on sale in my local toystore)

Of those two, the Portal of Atlantis is a great value in terms of pieces, and the Railway chase is a great set if you're a train guy. Those are the two I'd recommend most as the Tie defender is grossly overpriced, and the ARC is also on the expensive side. If you're a Star Wars fan and want really want those sets at some point, get the ARC as it's the better value of the two.

Portal of Atlantis. It's a great set with cool figs. The set is a fairly fun build, with little repetition. The portal is cool and functions well.

Thanks guys. I've never been to keen on the Atlantis line, but yeah, it has way off the best piece/price ratio. I'll just hope theres any left tomorrow when I'm going there..

Thanks guys. I've never been to keen on the Atlantis line ...

Hy,

I've got the Portal of Atlantis last week and I think it's good set with a lot of useful pieces.

I am thinking to take advantage for US double VIP points promotion.

between 8070 super car and 10219 Maersk train.

I want both. (hoarding.. I know). which set do you think I should get?

or maybe hold for now until they have deeper discount (from Amazon maybe?)

Thanks!

I am thinking to take advantage for US double VIP points promotion.

between 8070 super car and 10219 Maersk train.

I want both. (hoarding.. I know). which set do you think I should get?

or maybe hold for now until they have deeper discount (from Amazon maybe?)

Thanks!

Well, I'm not in the know about Technic, but I've seen 8070 on display at a LEGO store, and I stopped and took a closer look. It is a pretty cool looking car, even if a bit pricey. I do have 10219, however. I really like that. Not only because the Maersk sets(namely the blue pieces) seem to be hot property, but in my opinion, every part of the build is a win. The locomotive is great and while most of the build is repeative, the train cars(2) and storage crates(3). The truck is a cool finished model and 3 exclusive minifigs.

So, this summer, in addition to getting all the LoTR sets, Jabba's Palace, and the skiff, I want to get one more set. Not a big, $60 set, maybe $30 at most. Either an Avengers set or a Star Wars set.

So, this summer, in addition to getting all the LoTR sets, Jabba's Palace, and the skiff, I want to get one more set. Not a big, $60 set, maybe $30 at most. Either an Avengers set or a Star Wars set.

For Star Wars, I'd recommend 9491 Geonosian Cannon. That Commander Gree fig is one of the best clones made so far. (IMO)

However, I'd suggest getting an Avengers set instead. At the price range you stated, I'd buy 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube Escape (gotta love the Iron Man fig) or 6865 Captain America's Avenging Cycle. I love his shield, I really like the minifig, maybe MORE so than Iron Man, and ooh! A dark red motorcycle!

What Ninjago set should I buy next? 9445 Fangpyre Truck Ambush or 9446 Destiny's Bounty?

I have neither, so I can't comment on the build. I prefer the minifigs in 9445, just love those 2 headed snakes-cool looking baddies. They're vehicle is a bit strange, but I suppose that's what Ninjago is all about. Then again, a flying boat is about as strange. I'd go with 9445 based solely on the figs. 2 cool snake figs and 2 of the ninjas.

Which set today has the best collectors value. I wanna buy either, the Death Star, Tower bridge, or Three Vw camper vans. Any other suggestions? Which of the three should I get? Thanks

Personally I would go with Tower Bridge. It looks really awesome as a display piece and isn't as highly sought after as the Death Star. Plus, many collectors are investing/hoarding the Death Star based on how prices soared after the UCS Millenium Falcon finally sold out. I have no interest in the VW. So if you're looking a strict collector's item, go with Tower Bridge.

Which set today has the best collectors value. I wanna buy either, the Death Star, Tower bridge, or Three Vw camper vans. Any other suggestions? Which of the three should I get? Thanks

I just built the VW, it is a great model. I don't see 10188 getting the same treatment, I think 10179 was a happy fluke. Time will tell, I suppose. It's hard to say which would have the best value... I'd narrow down the candidates to the VW and Bridge. Like Ashton said, people may be(I can't say for sure)holding onto extra DS's hoping for the next 10179, for that reason I'd axe it. Maybe someone more involved in collecting SW can have a say. I saw the Tiwer Bridge on display before, it is pretty good looking. I'd go with that. Looking back at the other landmark sets prices, this cooed very well go the same route. Or it could be just like what I mentioned about the DS.

I'd get the Death Star. Sure the others are nice, but why would you want 3 VWs and a Tower bridge that just sits there? The Death Star is an awesome building experience, along with nice figures.

The Tower Bridge is awesome, expensive, and not that popular. That means that there are people who want it and can't afford it now, or will want it later.

The VW is cheap enough that many who want it have it. It's also newer, meaning it would take longer to go out of print.

And the Tower Bridge, worst case, is a lot of pieces.

So I ended up getting the death star with 120.00 to spare:) I really want to build it, but I really want to collect it as well. Maybe my son can help me decide what to do with it.

Now with about 120.00. I am inbetween a few; the joust set because of the good reviews, the technic super car, my 3rd vw camper (Collecting reasons), shuttle expedition, a second mmv, or save it for the ucs R2-D2.

So I ended up getting the death star with 120.00 to spare:) I really want to build it, but I really want to collect it as well. Maybe my son can help me decide what to do with it.

Now with about 120.00. I am inbetween a few; the joust set because of the good reviews, the technic super car, my 3rd vw camper (Collecting reasons), shuttle expedition, a second mmv, or save it for the ucs R2-D2.

Congratulations on picking up the Death Star. It is truly a magnificent build. My son had a blast helping me build it when he was 6 years old. Not sure what other themes you're into but I'm saving up for the Lord of the Rings sets due to be released this summer.

I am at a cross roads... I don't particularly care for the new Batcave in design and I'm not sure how well I can use a lot of the pieces for MOCs I am considering, but it does have 3 unique minifigures that on Bricklink will cost upwards of $30+ plus shipping, vs just buying the set and keeping the pieces as a bonus. I would have doubles of Batman and Robin since I do have the Funhouse and I'm sure if I ever got into selling Lego I could make some money back. But what does everyone think here? My wife told me to buy the set (I know, sounds like I have my answer), but what does everyone think here?

Thank you!

Shuttle Expedition!!!

I am at a cross roads... I don't particularly care for the new Batcave in design and I'm not sure how well I can use a lot of the pieces for MOCs I am considering, but it does have 3 unique minifigures that on Bricklink will cost upwards of $30+ plus shipping, vs just buying the set and keeping the pieces as a bonus. I would have doubles of Batman and Robin since I do have the Funhouse and I'm sure if I ever got into selling Lego I could make some money back. But what does everyone think here? My wife told me to buy the set (I know, sounds like I have my answer), but what does everyone think here?

Thank you!

I'd say get the set. You can always sell/trade the parts that you don't want.

I don't know why people buy sets and not build them. I mean, I get reselling later or not having the room...but if I'm going to spend that much, I very much would open that sucker! Why do you need 3 VWs? I'm torn between 10231 Shuttle Expedition and 10223 Joust...

Thank you!

I'd just buy the set, especially if you're into MOCing. The set itself looks good and looks to be a fun build. If you're on the fence, I'd suggest reading the review in the Licensed section, if you haven't already.

Edited by Legocrazy81

I don't know why people buy sets and not build them. I mean, I get reselling later or not having the room...but if I'm going to spend that much, I very much would open that sucker! Why do you need 3 VWs? I'm torn between 10231 Shuttle Expedition and 10223 Joust...

I'd just buy the set, especially if you're into MOCing. The set itself looks good and looks to be a fun build. If you're on the fence, I'd august tea ding the review in the Licensed section, if you haven't already.

August tea ding? What are you trying to say? :wacko:

August tea ding? What are you trying to say? :wacko:

Wow...auto correct is a b!tch... :hmpf: it was supposed to read, "suggest reading"... Damn iPad keyboard. I loathe this thing. :hmpf_bad:

Wow...auto correct is a b!tch... :hmpf: it was supposed to read, "suggest reading"... Damn iPad keyboard. I loathe this thing. :hmpf_bad:

:laugh: You should turn it off. Especially when the iPad has a keyboard large enough to be easy to type on when you get used to it. (as opposed to an iPod Touch, which I still can't type on that well after a year and a half)

I don't have either yet, but I'd go with the Joust over the Shuttle, by the way. That redesigned Black Falcon knight is beautiful. :wub: The Shuttle might be slightly better as a display piece, but I think the Joust is the better overall set.