Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Mr. Tools, buy the Green Grocer before it is all gone! Emporium just came out in March,right?

I would get into a LEGO store and get one ordered before they are done with backorders and the listing says..."Sold out!"

With the first wave of SP3 almost gone, I wonder:

Hyperspeed Pursuit or Lunar Limo?

I love the vehicles in H.P. and the Skull Twins, but the Brick Daddy along with all the purple and gold parts in the Limo seem very useful too, not to mention it's a cheaper set. What do you think?

Hyper speed Pursuit!!!!!!!!!

Go get it now. You can wait for the Limo, but this might go soon.

BTW, MrTools, go for the GG :classic:

Hey guys. It's my birthday soon, and I'm looking for a new Lego set to treat myself to. The only recent set I have it the Emerald Night, which I love to bits.

I don't mind paying anything from £50 to £100, but not any more. I also don't want any of the modular buildings, as I'd want to collect them all, and I just don't have the cash. I also want a set with a lot of pieces, and a good build with a rewarding result.

If that isn't narrow enough for you, any ideas would be great! :tongue:

Here's another one:

I'll buy Kingdom set 7946 Kings Castle anyway.

I don't want to spend too much on LEGO ( may sound stupid on a LEGO forum)

So should I buy

Set 7947 Prison tower rescue

OR

Set 7573 The Battle of Alamut?

what's your opinion?

Fenrir

Set 7573 The Battle of Alamut?

This one.

Hey guys. It's my birthday soon, and I'm looking for a new Lego set to treat myself to. The only recent set I have it the Emerald Night, which I love to bits.

I don't mind paying anything from £50 to £100, but not any more. I also don't want any of the modular buildings, as I'd want to collect them all, and I just don't have the cash. I also want a set with a lot of pieces, and a good build with a rewarding result.

If that isn't narrow enough for you, any ideas would be great! :tongue:

MMV

RAS

Endor

Alamut

There is a list for you. :classic:

Thank you! By the looks of it, MMV has the most pieces for the cheapest price, so I think I'll go for that one :).

No problem. Nice choice too BTW :classic:

MMV is def the best of the choices. They're all great but the Village is an all time LEGO classic, imo.

Any sets that are under 50$ that would provide an entertaining build and be usable with a Castle setup? I've gotten really bored this summer so I thought that running(literally, it's within walking distance) over to the local Wal-Mart to satisfy my building craze. I've already got the FftD. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

There is Drawbridge Defense and Prison Tower Rescue that are Castle themed :classic:

Any sets that are under 50$ that would provide an entertaining build and be usable with a Castle setup? I've gotten really bored this summer so I thought that running(literally, it's within walking distance) over to the local Wal-Mart to satisfy my building craze. I've already got the FftD. Any suggestions would be welcomed.

Drawbridge Defense over the Prison Tower, although that all depends on what kind of setup you have. Is it Kingdoms? Castle? Drawbridge Defense has great figs for the Castle theme, but it'll do almost nothing for a Kingdoms setup.

There is Drawbridge Defense and Prison Tower Rescue that are Castle themed :classic:
Drawbridge Defense over the Prison Tower, although that all depends on what kind of setup you have. Is it Kingdoms? Castle? Drawbridge Defense has great figs for the Castle theme, but it'll do almost nothing for a Kingdoms setup.

So since I already have Drawbridge Defense(I've had it for almost a year), I will probably get Prison Tower

Any sets someone would recommend in the $40-$50AUD price range? (there are quite a few clearance sales around atm, so I'll probably be able to pick up a particular set at a cheaper price than usual)

Any sets someone would recommend in the $40-$50AUD price range? (there are quite a few clearance sales around atm, so I'll probably be able to pick up a particular set at a cheaper price than usual)

Tony

I'd suggest the Prince of Persia, The Fight for the Dagger set. I own this and it is a really solid build with play features and looks good on display. It's $50 RRP, this weekend Toys r Us have 20% off full priced toys if you spend $100 or more, I think you need to print a coupon (see Aussie sales thread or lasoo.com.au). Also if you spend over $70 on lego you get a free chrome stormtrooper (while stocks last). Also Toys R Us have Lego City Helicopter And Limousine Pack for $40 if that's your thing (already discounted so don't need voucher but would count to free stormtrooper).

Which city are you in, because people might be able to help out with local deals.

Thanks for the suggestion hewman, I can see what you mean by the play features and the selection of minifigs is quite nice too, though the theme (and most licensed themes in general) doesn't quite appeal to me, but regardless seems to be a very good option. I was kind of thinking of something from Space Police, World Racers, or Power Miners - though what I usually gets tends to end up being a matter of what I can find.

I'm in Melbourne, and was planning to pop into my local David Jones tomorrow to look for something good to pick up.

Thanks for the suggestion hewman, I can see what you mean by the play features and the selection of minifigs is quite nice too, though the theme (and most licensed themes in general) doesn't quite appeal to me, but regardless seems to be a very good option. I was kind of thinking of something from Space Police, World Racers, or Power Miners - though what I usually gets tends to end up being a matter of what I can find.

I'm in Melbourne, and was planning to pop into my local David Jones tomorrow to look for something good to pick up.

If you can get to a Target they have a very cool small space police set for $12 I picked up last night, well worth it, I think it's in their catalogue so David Jones will price match. They also have Lego Space Police Undercover Cruiser at big discount, but from the pics I've seen and reviews I don't think it's one of the best Space Police sets. I also own the 5973 hyperspeed pursuit which if you can handle all the stickers is a great set, two solid and highly "swooshable" ships. Until a couple days ago it was on special for $60 at toys r us, (RRP $80) but if anywhere has a general % off sale you might get a good price, although it's getting a little harder to find. Good luck!

City Tanker Truck and complete set of Series One Minifigs (will take some time) or Lunar Limo?

City Tanker Truck and complete set of Series One Minifigs (will take some time) or Lunar Limo?
I think you should get the minifigs first - they won't last long (stores are pretty low on stock from what I hear), and you have at least a year to get the Lunar Limo or Tank Truck if you want to. :wink:

I think you should get the minifigs first - they won't last long (stores are pretty low on stock from what I hear), and you have at least a year to get the Lunar Limo or Tank Truck if you want to. :wink:

Yeah, I have already gone over my LEGO budget and can't get the Limo and spare the extra money for the figs after. Also there are only two options. The Tanker Truck and Series One OR The Luna Lino. Or alternately save the 20 bucks and get Series one. Another option is to get Smash and Grab (I feel so stupid typing that) with Series One. It would be nice to have it around the time I get Lunar Limo. (storing it away is an option)

Edited by JCC1004

Another option is to get Smash and Grab (I feel so stupid typing that) with Series One. It would be nice to have it around the time I get Lunar Limo. (storing it away is an option)

IMO, this is the best option. But if you do collect City sets, you could get the Tanker instead.

Another big purchase i know i might regret if i don't buy. I am going to the Lego store this Monday and they are still selling Brickbeards bounty. Should i get it then or should i wait. I ask this because i also have to get my Minifigures while i am there and would have to borrow money.

Edit: Or should I just buy the boar parts off bricklink since I already have the minifigs and parts (seems smarter I was just going to MOC with it anyways)

Edited by MrTools

I'm thinking about getting a small set (around 10 dollars) just for the parts and extra figure parts. Any suggestions?

Best regards,

JCC

I'm thinking about getting a small set (around 10 dollars) just for the parts and extra figure parts. Any suggestions?

Best regards,

JCC

Any and all Battle Packs I think are must gets since the prices are usually around $10. Recently picked up that Kingdom's Wizard set for $5.00. You get a neat Wizard figure, a little dragon, a nice scroll on a stand, etc. There's a companion Jester set for the same price.

Right now though, people should check out Walmart. I just picked up a couple of sets on sale (about 10 - 20% off). And they still have some Indiana Jones sets available too.

I always fear on missing out on exclusive or limited edition kits. Once they go, they're usually so expensive on the aftermarket.