Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

GET IT! They stopped selling that theme years ago so that makes it worth even more. I am suprised it's stayed there that long hurry get it while you still can!

~Computerbug

Thanks for the advice computerbug :thumbup: .

By not having any contact with the LEGO world for almost 15 years, still don't know the importance or value or even rareness and importance of the sets that were released from 1994 and on. Especially with the themes that were not my first priorities.

I've checked some pictures and info about it and it seems very nice. I 'll buy it and i'll probably keep it.

Besides, collecting only City and Pirates doesn't mean that variety is excluded. :wink:

Thanks again! :classic:

Alright, I have a rather large dilemma here, so bear with me...

I've decided that I want to make a LARGE Lego purchase, and am going to save up $400 (don't worry, I've calculated in shipping and tax, so technically $463) for some sets. However, I'm having trouble deciding what to get...

A. The UCS Death Star Playset (10188). Tons of rare and potentially valuable minifigs, interesting parts, tons of bley, and that awesome Mini-TIE.

B. The three Modular City sets. If I did this I'd also be able to pick up another small set.

C. An assortment of smaller sets from other lines, such as Pirates, Star Wars, and Power Miners (basically, anything but City, not because I don't like city but because it generally has less parts that I need.)

I'm buying so that I can have a model to display for a few days/weeks, and then so that I can dismantle said model(s) and MOC with the glorious influx of parts. =P So...any takers? (Note: if you choose 3, feel free to make suggestions on what sets, exactly - and I'm not averse to doubles, either =D)

Edit: I've made a preliminary list for choice C:

UCS AT-ST

Volcano Base

Brickbeard's Bounty (Last set I need in the new Pirates line! =D)

MT-201 Ultra Drill Walker

Thunder Driller

Dwarves' Mine

Gold Chase

I could also nix the MT-201, DM, and Gold Chase to get Green Grocer...

~Trexxen

Edited by Trexxen

Well Trexxen, I'd first cross off #1, as I originally bought the set for parts, but it's just to beautiful to dismantle. That being said, I haven't taken my Cafe Corner apart either, but I bought that one specifically for show (rather than as a parts pack). I personally would go for the second option.

Does anyone have Professor Lupin? I really love his dark green suit. Is he worth it to get off Brcklink?

hp042.jpg

Is the Green Grocer really worth all of the money? Or with the same amount should I buy a Pirate Ship and some small sets? I'm really confused about what to do.

Is the Green Grocer really worth all of the money? Or with the same amount should I buy a Pirate Ship and some small sets? I'm really confused about what to do.

I think there's such a huge difference between the two options, that I can't really suggest either :classic:

Green Grocer is targeted at older builders. It has a massive amount of fairly normal bricks (but in unusual colours) for the structure, but then goes crazy in the variety of parts for the front and other decorations. The result is huge, so if you plan to use it in a Town diorama, you have to consider how does it match with the rest of your Lego city! (if it's your first modular building, it might look odd surrounded by tiny houses) OTOH, by itself it's a great building, and could be a stand-alone display model if you want, but I believe its biggest strengths are (a) its use in a large town and (b) as a source of parts for City or Castle mostly.

The Pirate Ship is targeted to all audiences, with a slight focus on the youngsters. It's probably more fun to build (except that it takes less time) because there are few repetitive steps or identical pieces. It has much more playability of course, but it also works better than the Green Grocer as a display model.

So my take is:

- buy Green Grocer if you plan to create a large cityscape with other similar buildings

- buy Green Grocer if you like creating lots of MOCs of city/castle buildings and want interesting parts or normal bricks of uncommon colour

- buy Pirate Ship if you play a lot with your Lego after building

- buy Pirate Ship if you are looking for an impressive Lego model to display in your house

while as much as pure "building fun" you can't go wrong with either of them :classic:

YMMV

MT-201 Ultra Drill Walker

That's a great set! If you want it you better rush because it might be discontinued soon. At least it's not available anymore in several EU countries.

Another dilemma here...

Should I buy a good old Metroliner in good shape for about 200 bucks, or should I save that money to buy the Emerald Night + some rails + all the motor and RC gear ?

The Metroliner is a real great classic which I drooled on in the catalogs back then. On the other hand the Emerald Night is without a doubt a classic-to-be but I'm not too hot about the whole RC-battery train system. Maybe a Emerald Night + some 9V rails & motor to toss in the tender, mmmm... :sceptic:

Does anyone have Professor Lupin? I really love his dark green suit. Is he worth it to get off Brcklink?

hp042.jpg

What does this have to do with "What set should I buy"? :wacko:

Anyway, its an alright figure, but I wouldn't spend more than $5 on it...

Hi guys,

torn between investing in one of these 3 sets and would like to know your opinions

1- a lego star wars set either 7675 or 7675;

2- 6982

3- 7094

currently i`m simply getting bak into lego and am mostly looking for a set that will provide me with the most fun for my money so i`m not yet looking into building MOCs right now.

Thanks for the help guys

1- a lego star wars set either 7675 or 7675;

Tough choice. If you put a gun to my head, I'd go for 7675 :wink:

Actually, if you meant 7676, I'd choose that one. It's a great set with heaps of functions, a sturdy build, and great swooshability. 7094 is excellent as well, but it is better for MOCs.

Speed Boat Rescue, Swamp Raid or Deep Sea Quest?

I want to get some more of the 08 Agents (I have Jetpack Persuit, Turbo Car Chase, Mobile Command Centre and Volcano Base) before the summer sets (which I also want to get all of) but I am not sure which to get. Due to space constraints I can't get them all at once and to even get these I am going to have to dismantle some MOCs and sets to fit them in.

So which one first?

Another dilemma here...

Should I buy a good old Metroliner in good shape for about 200 bucks, or should I save that money to buy the Emerald Night + some rails + all the motor and RC gear ?

The Metroliner is a real great classic which I drooled on in the catalogs back then. On the other hand the Emerald Night is without a doubt a classic-to-be but I'm not too hot about the whole RC-battery train system. Maybe a Emerald Night + some 9V rails & motor to toss in the tender, mmmm... :sceptic:

I can't suggest anything unbiased here, because I don't like the Metroliner, while I absolutely love the Emerald Night.

What does this have to do with "What set should I buy"? :wacko:

Anyway, its an alright figure, but I wouldn't spend more than $5 on it...

There is no "What Minifig I should buy?" So I thought it would be the best place to ask.

Speed Boat Rescue, Swamp Raid or Deep Sea Quest?

I want to get some more of the 08 Agents (I have Jetpack Persuit, Turbo Car Chase, Mobile Command Centre and Volcano Base) before the summer sets (which I also want to get all of) but I am not sure which to get. Due to space constraints I can't get them all at once and to even get these I am going to have to dismantle some MOCs and sets to fit them in.

So which one first?

I definitly wouldn't go for the Speedboat Rescue, mainly because the price per piece ratio is extremely low compared to the other Agents sets.

As for the other 2, I have both and I can safely say that they are excellent sets. Obviously the Deep Sea Quest is larger, and has more pieces. So if you're willing to spend the extra money on it certainly go for it. It's an excellent set. What I like about it is that the boat doesn't seem like an afterthought like secondary vehicles often do. Both crafts have good design and what's not to like about a glow-in-the-dark octopus? :grin:

Swamp Raid is also a great set. It's a little barren, but it's a pretty good parts pack and has a fun concept.

Overall, you can't go wrong with either of those 2 in my opinion. :sweet:

Thank you. I think I will get Deep Sea Quest first then. It did seem to be a cool set.

Swamp Raid will be next on the list :thumbup:

Well I am a bit of a Star Wars Junki, so with the new Republic Dropship with AT-OT coming out in 3 days I have been planning to pick it up as soon as possible despite it's substantially large price. However I just saw that the Twilight was knocked down to $50 which is a great price for a set like that. Although its not the best thing ever it would be nice to have a ship for Ahsoka and Ani and with a few interior modifications it would be cool. I suppose I could get both but that's A LOT! So should I get expensive yet beautiful dropship with AT-OT or wait and snag the Twilight at a low price. Or should I try and stick the Twilight out hoping its price will stay down and pick it up when I can?

Well I am a bit of a Star Wars Junki, so with the new Republic Dropship with AT-OT coming out in 3 days I have been planning to pick it up as soon as possible despite it's substantially large price. However I just saw that the Twilight was knocked down to $50 which is a great price for a set like that. Although its not the best thing ever it would be nice to have a ship for Ahsoka and Ani and with a few interior modifications it would be cool. I suppose I could get both but that's A LOT! So should I get expensive yet beautiful dropship with AT-OT or wait and snag the Twilight at a low price. Or should I try and stick the Twilight out hoping its price will stay down and pick it up when I can?

I'd say the best thing to do would be to buy the twilight while it's on sale, because you don't know when it'll go back to regular price. Then, you might even get lucky and have the Republic Dropship with AT-OT go sale. That's just what I'd do though.

You are better of forgeting the twilight. The ATOT looks tons better so you are better off saving your extra dollars.

Heres my question

Should I buy the 10$ power miner set which I dont have, or get the clone walker which I already have one?

You are better of forgeting the twilight. The ATOT looks tons better so you are better off saving your extra dollars.

Heres my question

Should I buy the 10$ power miner set which I dont have, or get the clone walker which I already have one?

It depends why you want each. Personally I'd get the Clone Walker because it is more likely to be sold out, plus I think it's more valuable, with 4 MFs and accessories. Don't get me wrong, I love the PM set, but I do have it and two Clone Walkers.

You know, I honestly think your idea Ricecracker is probably the better option. I'm ordering it now and think I will wait a month or so for the Dropship and AT-OT. Thanks for the advice! :classic:

You know, I honestly think your idea Ricecracker is probably the better option. I'm ordering it now and think I will wait a month or so for the Dropship and AT-OT. Thanks for the advice! :classic:

No problem, glad I could help! :classic:

Glad I could be the difference of opinion. :classic: If you like bley everything, have fun with it.

Glad I could be the difference of opinion. :classic: If you like bley everything, have fun with it.

lol to bley everthing. BTW, you should get the bp since it will without doubt sell out and it has more figs

lol to bley everthing. BTW, you should get the bp since it will without doubt sell out and it has more figs

Yes, definitely get a few BPs while you can. They'll be sold out before you know it. :wink:

Heres my question

absolutly clone walker!

for the powermine little set,i hv read several review and i thought the design of it is so weak, if i buy those i m sure i will break it down once i finish...(sorry but its true) also those pieces a quite hard to use for moc or mod as well.

also i thought the price is above average.

it just very depends on what you want, if you r a person who love to collect a little of every theme, then go grab it, coz it include a miner and a "rock" like monster.

i also got one question should i buy a 7665 in 119au?

Edited by kaka1987