Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

I personally love the Republic Gunship, but I also don't own the old one.

The AT-TE is also a great set.

the main reason I don't like the Twilight is that first of all I'm not a fan of the shape, and mainly, for $10 less you can get the AT-TE with the exact same minifigs (except r2 which I'm sure you have plenty of) plus Captain Rex and an extra clone.

The gunship is my favorite of the three though.

Hi there! As might know, Toys 'R' Us has the Volcano Base for $60, and I have been interested in this set ever since I saw it. However, I also like the new Pirate set "Shipwreck Hideout". Both have awesome figs, both have the Agent Trace hair piece, and both have useful brown parts for steampunk and landscaping. But the Volcano Base also has a bunch of sweet silver parts, interesting hair pieces, minifig cyborg arms, and those cool trans-orange slopes and LURPs.

Now, I'm low on cash and was wondering if I should get the Volcano Base for $60 while I have the chance, or if I should save $20 and get the Shipwreck Hideout once it comes out here. :pir-sceptic:

Which one would you choose?

well, if you like them both, you must get them both too.

me personally like pirates so much, so i just grab the pirates.

Ok so my problem is between two choices. They are:

UCS Imperial Star Destroyer - Pros: Long Build, Star Wars set, and its size (its a pro for me, even though it isn't for KimT).

Cons: No Swooshability (meaning no nude swooshing) and grey.

Brickbeard's Bounty and the Castle Market (when available) - Pros: Minifigures, colorful, and playability.

Cons: Easy build, less bricks, and not as big.

Any help?

Personally, I would go with the pirates set :pir-classic: . The Volcano base is cool but to be honest the new pirates theme is one of the most awesome themes the TLC have released in years (The very first one is my always beloved Star Wars :pir_laugh2: ) so I for sure will go for the Shipwreck Hideout :thumbup: . Also, I have a question myself. I have $140 USD and I want to purchase an SW set so here are my options:

- 7666 Hoth Rebel Base (I am really looking foward to it cause I think such an awesome set couldn´t be pass so I can order it from the TRU website).

- 7675 AT-TE

- Wait for the 2009 line-up.

I am almost sure to go for the HRB but I want to hear some opinions :pir-classic: . So what I should choose?

Thanks for your opinions, guys. :pir-classic: I am starting to think, too, that the Shipwreck Hideout would be a better choice since it's cheaper and has much more useful parts and figs. This way, I will also have more cash to spend on SW sets! :pir-devil:

Ok so my problem is between two choices. They are:

• UCS Imperial Star Destroyer
  • Brickbeard's Bounty and the Castle Market (when available)

Any help?

Are you kidding me? *huh* The BB and CM of course! They are, like, two of the best Lego sets TLC has released in years! You can't even compare them with that giant, boring, grey triangle! :pir-tongue:

Besides, if you want an ISD, you can get the minifig-sized version for $60 from Toys 'R' Us on Black Friday! :pir-wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

True Oky Wan but the thing is that since I am not a really "play with LEGO bricks person" that is why the ISD would be kind of cool as a display piece, and it will be the harder build.

True Oky Wan but the thing is that since I am not a really "play with LEGO bricks person" that is why the ISD would be kind of cool as a display piece, and it will be the harder build.

I understand...

It's still boring and useless though. :pir-tongue:

If it will mainly be a display model, then I would go with the ISD. And as you have previously mentioned, there are a ton of pieces for a very long build to keep one busy.

Also, I have a question myself. I have $140 USD and I want to purchase an SW set so here are my options:

- 7666 Hoth Rebel Base (I am really looking foward to it cause I think such an awesome set couldn´t be pass so I can order it from the TRU website).

- 7675 AT-TE

- Wait for the 2009 line-up.

I am almost sure to go for the HRB but I want to hear some opinions :pir-classic: . So what I should choose?

if you hadn't had the HRB, grab it first,since AT-TE and 2009 line up still can wait.

still,HRB is not so playful set,great if you after for the minifigs and the speeder only,the base is too small to call it a base.

just my two cents.

In a couple of weeks, I'm going to LEGOland during their 20% off sale for members. My family's willing to pay about $50-60. I've looked through my catalogues and I've found a good selection of sets that could make good candidates. I am most into Star Wars, but I plan to pick out one Indy set to see if the series is worth taking up a bit of Star Wars money. I know my grandma will pay $48 for a $60 value and if I'm lucky, I might talk her into $56 for a $70 value, although I can settle with $60 worth.

The sets I have in mind are:

7620 Motor Chace $10

7622 Race for the Stolen Treasure $30

7658 Y-Wing $40

7655 Old Clone BP $10

7667 Imp. Dropship $10

7657 AT-ST $20

7656 General Grevious's Starfighter $20

7671 AT-AP $40

7625 River Chace $20

7660 Ani's Starfighter $20

Which combination of sets from this list would you guys recommend? I am open-minded if you have any other set suggestions for similar Star Wars or Indy sets. In case they have pirates or new Star Wars, what would your recommend from early 09. Peace! :pir-wink:

I was think about getting the Halfire droid, it's on sale so what sould I do?

Um, get it? :pir-grin:

It's a nice set, so if you don't have one it would be worth it, especially on sale. It's a nice army building set as well, if you don't have many droids. In the end, it is really up to you though. :pir-classic:

I was think about getting the Halfire droid, it's on sale so what sould I do?

Just get the damn HSD so you stop whinging about you not having it. :pir-tongue::pir-laugh::pir-grin:

I was considering geting the Hailfire droid but...I will probable get the HSD instead...Commander Fox & Clone trooper sold it for me :pir_laugh2:

But I want Anakin's JSF & Imperial BP aswell! .....Not sure if I will get the JSF... :pir-sceptic:

Well, TRU is still loaded with Hoth Rebel Bases, but they have it for $70 :pir_bawling: So that giant wall thing is :sick: but the minifigs and speeder are all awesome. There's rumored to be another Hoth next year, but the piece count makes me unsure. So I just wanna know if I should get Echo Base for $70

Well, TRU is still loaded with Hoth Rebel Bases, but they have it for $70 :pir_bawling: So that giant wall thing is :sick: but the minifigs and speeder are all awesome. There's rumored to be another Hoth next year, but the piece count makes me unsure. So I just wanna know if I should get Echo Base for $70

Only if you want the figs and snow speeder really badly. The base seems to be a waste of time, money, and parts.

If not, then you should be able to find the figs and snowspeeder on Ebay for less. :pir-classic:

-`La Empray VBBN :jollyroger:

Um, get it? :pir-grin:

It's a nice set, so if you don't have one it would be worth it, especially on sale. It's a nice army building set as well, if you don't have many droids. In the end, it is really up to you though. :pir-classic:

Well I got it, sorry for the late reply :pir-blush:

It is pretty good, I moved some of the pieces around so the wheels moved better :thumbup:

Just get the damn HSD so you stop whinging about you not having it.

I was considering geting the Hailfire droid but...I will probable get the HSD instead...Commander Fox & Clone trooper sold it for me

But I want Anakin's JSF & Imperial BP aswell! .....Not sure if I will get the JSF...

But I like complaing, dont worry I'll get it on sale :wink:

should i buy greengrocers and castle tower raid before or after christmas, i'd prefer to after but will they be discontinued for 2009?

i don't know witch to get my cousin for his birthday speedboat rescue is on sale for $30.00 but he want's swamp raid second on his list witch should i get him! tell me witch is better for a 10 year old! :wacko:

All Agent sets are good, however my personal pick would be the Speedboat Rescue.

Where as the Swamp Raid comes with cool features such as a moving bridge and crocodiles, The Speedboat however, is on sale ten dollars off, which I would pick up immediatly if I saw.

The choice is yours, but get what you think.

What should I safe my money for, the new pirate ship or medieval market village? :imperialguard_commander1:

should i buy greengrocers and castle tower raid before or after christmas, i'd prefer to after but will they be discontinued for 2009?

After. Loo at Cafe` Corner, it's still available after a few years. You will probably find the tower raid on sale later on, but not to sure about the GG.

What should I safe my money for, the new pirate ship or medieval market village?

Oh, hard choice. It all comes down to what theme you like more. Also what you're looking for. If you want playability, the ship. If you want displayability, the Village.