Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Since CUUSOO is limited production runs I'd recommend getting that sooner than later. They may have multiple CUUSOO sets out at the same time, but unless it continually sells well, I don't see them doing multiple production runs after the first one or two.

The recent Mars Rover sold out quickly and it still isn't in stock. They are probably debating on having another production run. Once sold out, it very well could be unavailable for good, except for in the aftermarket.

Thx guys

Indeed the Mars Rover wasn't in stock. I ended up getting all of the Batstuff and the Delorean. No sign of The Simpsons yet. It was still sold out. Luckily I already own one but there were a lot of customers asking for it sknce it was displayed.

Which of the modular buildings is likely to be retired next? I'm a new collector interested in them and don't want to run into a situation where prices start to climb like they've done on the first few. (Wow, those are pricy...) Thanks.

I want to get MM this month, so I need to spend $75. I know I'll get the new Captain America set and a Mixel. But I still need $50 more, so: TLM Super Cycle Chase or Marvel Hulk Lab Smash?

Which of the modular buildings is likely to be retired next? I'm a new collector interested in them and don't want to run into a situation where prices start to climb like they've done on the first few. (Wow, those are pricy...) Thanks.

Going by order of release and current age, most likely the Grand Emporium will retire next, likely to be followed by the Pet Shop.

So Hi all :)

I used to be crazy into lego for years, from 2 years old till about 14 years. I have always collected and bought and had bins full. It was all I ever bought. Recently however, after lots of events happening, from moving multiple times, putting them in storage, going homeless, I lost pretty much most of what I had. Being 19 now, I moved out, have multiple jobs, and i'm pretty much able to support myself and have some hobbies in the side (like fish tanks and my violin). Recently, I found out I had 2 boxes of mine at my grandmas, and what do you know, two boxes of legos! Instantly nostalgia and good memories of before rushed in. I took em homes and just started building.

It was very fun for a while, but them I realized I kind of separated my pieces when I was younger into different boxes, and with the boxes I had, it was kind of tough to finish building some free build SW tank with the limited parts I had (pretty much was only able to build the frame). How do I rebuild my collection of parts? Where do I start? Do kits exist (like technic bars and parts, plate parts, sloped parts, basic bricks)? Buying, for example, star wars sets to build it up kind of cost a lot for the pieces I want in them. What I had before was years of collecting, which I can't possibly try to re buy all again to have the same kind of parts. I see a couple of posts of some peoples crazy builds, where do you get your parts from? Bought all individually from bricklink or just collected over the years through lego sets?

Thanks so much for your responses,

regards,

Jonathan

Welcome to Eurobricks! Most of my parts are things that I have collected through sets, sorry I couldn't be of any more help!

All of my bricks are via sets also, Here in Australia pick a brick is not very economical as we do not have LEGO stores and can only do the pick a brick via the LEGO online store, Minimum shipping cost is $25 unless spending over $150.

Not sure if you do but here a lot of towns/cities have a classifieds page on facebook that is free to use and I know LEGO is often sold in bulk lots on my local one by parents whos kids are now all grown up and out of the house, Might be worth looking to see if your town/city has a page similar and posting an advertisement asking for LEGO in bulk lots, Infact I will be doing that in the coming month and will offer to buy bricks at a set price per weight bag etc.

Good Luck and welcome back to the world of bricks!

Most of what I have nowadays is bought through Bricklink. It seems to me the easiest way to go about collecting parts. I have quite a bity from when I was a child, but there is more, (Most of it.) I cannot access as it is at my parents in storage. I had to pretty much start from scratch. Buying sets to get parts is really an expensive way to go about getting them, at least if you are in the UK. I have bought sets for specific parts in the past but usually only small ones. For example I bought some of the Galaxy Squad sets to get bug specific parts that I wanted to make some new bugs. But normally for bigger models I would,not do this.

I want to get MM this month, so I need to spend $75. I know I'll get the new Captain America set and a Mixel. But I still need $50 more, so: TLM Super Cycle Chase or Marvel Hulk Lab Smash?

Just a personal preference but I would go with TLM Super Cycle Chase. It look like a really good set from the movie and I particularly liked the chase. Plus you get Emmet and Wyldstyle.

I tend to buy sets at heavily discounted price. Amazon is great for that. I also complement my collection with the pick a brick wall.

It might be a bit more expensive than buying bulk lots, but doing it that way, you are certain that the pieces are clean. The biggest advice I can give you, is to not rush it. You have plenty of time to get to a decent collection.

Good luck rebuilding your collection.

yeah the only way is 2 buy used stuff from ebay and brinklink huge lots and sort it out urself

sometimes tho theres sets with lots of good pieces for good prices and those can be smal but also big set

it depends also on what u need as pieces

Edited by beaugrand

You could check eBay and craiglist (or whatever they have down there) to see about a local large lot of LEGO cheap. Here in USA I've gotten lots over 50 pounds (over 22Kg) at average rate of about $5 per pound.

Personally I would go with Hulk's Lab Smash. But ultimately, imo, when your choices are in multiple themes, I think it comes down to what your favorite themes are.

I want to know what sets to buy.

Should I buy the lego Lord Business' Evil Lair and the Hive Crawler or the Town Square and the Rogue Hideout? Thanks.

Edited by TheLazyChicken

In release order Grand Emporium would be next. Although there are rumors that Town Hall may be the next in line to retire as it does not sell as well as GE.

Sholid I buy the lego Lord Business' Evil Lair and the Hive Crawler or the Town Square and the Rogue Hideout? Thanks.

Evil Lair. That set is AWESOME. Especially Lord Business's big britches power armor.

Oh and the Hive Crawler is cool cause it's a bug. :grin:

Edited by Tolkien

Sholid I buy the lego Lord Business' Evil Lair and the Hive Crawler or the Town Square and the Rogue Hideout? Thanks.

I would go for the Hive Crawler 1st, because Wal-Mart has it for $35 (on clearance). (And yes I did get me one, it is a cool set to have.)

Hey guys,

Just looking for some advice on whether I should buy or not buy the Message-Intercept Base on eBay. I found it for $130 along with some random other printed Blacktron logo tiles. I am not sure if this is a good deal or not... any help? My birthday is coming up on May 29th and I am hesitating on whether I should buy this or some other LEGO set.

Thanks,

legozebra

Hi, all!

Do people think that I should I buy "Lake-town Chase" for about $50 USD with free shipping, or should I try to get "Attack of the Wargs" (about $55 at this point, also with free shipping) before it is gone for good? If "Attack of the Wargs" had Azog, it would make the choice much easier; I already have the brown Warg from "Mirkwood Elf Army." Honestly, I'm torn on this decision, but I have to choose one (or none), and I believe Lake-town offers much better value for a comparable price. On the other hand, I really like some elements of "Attack of the Wargs," and it will soon be really hard to find. Advice?

Thank you!

I say buy attack of the wargs because that set is going to increase in value later on. The Lake-town set you could always buy it later on.

Hey guys,

I am having a hard time deciding on whether I should get the Minecraft Micro World Nether and Village... Are they worth it?

Thanks!

I say buy attack of the wargs because that set is going to increase in value later on. The Lake-town set you could always buy it later on.

Thanks! That's what I was thinking, too. I'll give it a few days and then make a decision, but I'm leaning toward the Wargs.