Siegfried

Which set should I buy?

Answering LegoCrazy81s, Drocks, and Leo crimsons question (sweet avatars by the way) Im the person that jumps subject to subject and at the moment im in the process of creating a model of gotham city minifig scale(check my custom instructions topic to read about it). So no i dont have arkam asylum breakout but i had really wanted it for awhile. Im stilll a little shaky on the 2 star wars sets i want to either find them both cheap or buy them both at once in a bundle. I was considering the bat vs bane tumbler chase because after im done with gotham im planning on making a stop motion movie of another movie one of the dark knight films or under the red hood. PM me with questions! :grin:

Edited by sever

Well, since you say that, I'd scrape together a few more bucks and buy both 10937 Arkham Asylum Breakout & 76001 The Bat vs. Bane: Tumbler Chase. I have the latter set and while the vehicles are small, they're both well built and great looking. Of course the figs are excellent. I've seen 10937 on display at the LEGO store and it really is a cool set. Plus, we probably won't ever see the prong jumper Joker again.

Grand Emporium will be the next to be retired (after Fire Brigade) and is a truly great looking building with lots of interesting architecture. It would be my first choice for that reason. But there are no bad Modulars.

[sNIP]

This is an easy question to answer. In cases like this, you always get the first to be retired, since you like them all equally. So, 10211 Grand Emporium is the way to go. You won't be disappointed with it or any Modular, for that reason.

Thanks for the extra help everyone, I order it next week!

-DL

Does anyone know just about when Grand Emporium will be retired?

I got Fire Brigade this week and I know I'll be getting more of them, most likely all that are still being produced. From the looks of it, Grand Emporium is my least favorite, so I'd like to get Pet Shop first. But i don't want to kick myself in the nuts later on if Grand Emporium gets discontinued before I got a chance to buy it.

Time frame: I guess I'll buy the next modular around Easter, so unless Grand Emporium would be discontinued in May or June, I'd be good.

Are there any definitive dates (well, dates as in 'will be discontinued in June 2013 or something like that) as to when the sets will no longer be produced? Just asking because the 'Fire Brifade discontinued?' thread in the Town forum was started in January 2012, and it's still available now.

So for the somewhat distant future I've got 50-60 bucks CDN (so about 40 bucks US in terms of sets) to spend on Lego; are any of the larger Star Wars sets or maybe some City ones worth getting?

Does anyone know just about when Grand Emporium will be retired?

I got Fire Brigade this week and I know I'll be getting more of them, most likely all that are still being produced. From the looks of it, Grand Emporium is my least favorite, so I'd like to get Pet Shop first. But i don't want to kick myself in the nuts later on if Grand Emporium gets discontinued before I got a chance to buy it.

Time frame: I guess I'll buy the next modular around Easter, so unless Grand Emporium would be discontinued in May or June, I'd be good.

Are there any definitive dates (well, dates as in 'will be discontinued in June 2013 or something like that) as to when the sets will no longer be produced? Just asking because the 'Fire Brifade discontinued?' thread in the Town forum was started in January 2012, and it's still available now.

The grand emporium is a great build so far (I'm 2/3 of the way through it) so I'd get that. You'll stil have plenty of time to get the Pet Shop.

I've decided to start collecting the modular buildings, but I don't know what to start with: Grand Emporium or Palace Cinema?

I've decided to start collecting the modular buildings, but I don't know what to start with: Grand Emporium or Palace Cinema?

I'd start with Grand Emporium; it's a couple years older and probably to phased out. Plus the Palace Cinema could always go on sale in the future.

Hi everyone, I'm thinking of buying a job-lot of sets during the x2 VIP points this year but a thought has just hit me. As I will not be ordering until April 1st so I can throw in a few lone rangers In im worried the other sets may sell out during the first week of X2 points before I get there. The ones i'm concerned about are- Malibu mansion attack, Iron man port battle and mostly palace cinema. Has lego ever sold out of popular sets during double points? If so how quickly?

I may just be being paranoid but any help would be great...

Thanks guys :grin:

Edited by The Joker1

Hmmmmm.... I think there may be a lot of us thinking the same thing. I just want to get the Palace Cinema and Train Chase (a couple of each). We'll just have to hope LEGO stocks up for the sale. But, I do believe LEGO has this in the plan, so I expect to see adaquate supplies of most popular sets.

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

Lone Ranger is due April 1st??? I thought it was May...

Maybe we should wait on those, the movie might bomb and then we can get them in the discount bin? I'm not up on my movies like I used to be but if Johnny Depp is in it it'll most certainly do well, won't it?

Joe

I've never seen things go crazy at the x 2 VIP points time really, it's only when there are actually discounts that Lego seems to fly off the shelf so I wouldn't worry to much. Especailly if all the sets you want are new ones.

I agree with bjtpro though I'd wait on the Lone Ranger sets I'd expect them to decrease in price after the movies run by quite a bit

Hi guys, I'm new here. I have enough money to buy either the Lego 10222 Winter Village Post Office or the 7347 Highway Pick-up. The Winter Village Post Office has more pieces and minifigs than the Highway Pick-up, but the Winter Village Post Office actually looks smaller than the Highway Pick-up. They both have such great pros and bad cons.

I know I asked something like this before, but I can't decide. I have three options: Goblin King from Hobbit, Shellraiser and Baxter from TMNT, or Shellraiser, Dragon Bike, and Steath Shell also from TMNT.

Edited by Tolkien

Hi guys, I'm new here. I have enough money to buy either the Lego 10222 Winter Village Post Office or the 7347 Highway Pick-up. The Winter Village Post Office has more pieces and minifigs than the Highway Pick-up, but the Winter Village Post Office actually looks smaller than the Highway Pick-up. They both have such great pros and bad cons.

Go for 7347 Highway Pick-up. It's bigger than the Winter Village Post Office and it also has three different builds in one so if you get bored with one model you can rebuild it into one of the other three. The creator sets are also usually better Price Per Piece wise.

I know I asked something like this before, but I can't decide. I have three options: Goblin King from Hobbit, Shellraiser and Baxter from TMNT, or Shellraiser, Dragon Bike, and Steath Shell also from TMNT.

I went with your last option when I bought Turtles sets. You get all 4 Turtles, 2 main villains, Shredder, a Kraang and 3 Foot. Great assortment.

Thanks Legocrazy81. I now realized with that I'll get both Fishyfacey and Bandicoot. I mean Bradford. By the way, what's your opinion on the Shellraiser? I've heard reviews that say its the worst set ever and always falls apart and reviews that say it stays together like a tank.

Go for 7347 Highway Pick-up. It's bigger than the Winter Village Post Office and it also has three different builds in one so if you get bored with one model you can rebuild it into one of the other three. The creator sets are also usually better Price Per Piece wise.

Thanks! I just wanted to tell you that the Highway Pickup has 805 pieces while the Winter Village Post Office has 815 pieces not including minifigs, and over here Winter Village Post Office is somewhat less money than Highway Pickup, but point taken!

I would suggest checking YouTube reviews. I wanted that set too, but when I sow it in video I changed my mind. It is very flimsy set. Problem is it is using technic as chassis, but not the sturdy way like technic sets do ( I am a technic head mostly ). The flat bed is very flimsy too and has very poor connection to all body.

Honestly, just check videos of it.

I would suggest checking YouTube reviews. I wanted that set too, but when I sow it in video I changed my mind. It is very flimsy set. Problem is it is using technic as chassis, but not the sturdy way like technic sets do ( I am a technic head mostly ). The flat bed is very flimsy too and has very poor connection to all body.

Honestly, just check videos of it.

Can you suggest any videos?

Thanks Legocrazy81. I now realized with that I'll get both Fishyfacey and Bandicoot. I mean Bradford. By the way, what's your opinion on the Shellraiser? I've heard reviews that say its the worst set ever and always falls apart and reviews that say it stays together like a tank.

I think it's a great set. While I don't really play with them...much :grin:. I did roll it around a bit and what not. Nothing fell off or anything, so I'd be in the sturdy crowd. A definite plus for being able to go on train tracks.

Weird question... Neither are 'home run' sets but this week I'm planning on picking up either 79002 Attack of the Wargs or 75014 The Battle of Hoth?? I'm an LSW OT completist, ESP. When it comes to Hoth sets (haven't missed one yet), but I'll really kick myself if I don't get those Wolf steeds for my Castle collection. Any advice from those who own either or both of those sets?

Hi all,

I'm new to lego, have a box of basic bricks and a couple old SciFi sets. I'm really interested in MOCS and getting inspiration from the web to learn. But I'm struggling with such a limited set of bricks. I was considering making a list of parts that I kept finding I was missing and buying in bulk through Bricklink or similar. Are there any recommended sets which offer a good variety to work from? I'm leaning towards sci-fi and castles.

Edit: I'm going to answer my own question after thinking about it some more! :) I guess the best thing for me to do is buy sets I'm interested in, such as Star Wars, Lord of the Rings and Galaxy Squad, which should naturally give me the types of pieces that will work for MOCs I'm inspired to make. At the same time the sets will teach me valuable building skills and I can start off by changing or expanding them.

Edited by Oellph

Weird question... Neither are 'home run' sets but this week I'm planning on picking up either 79002 Attack of the Wargs or 75014 The Battle of Hoth?? I'm an LSW OT completist, ESP. When it comes to Hoth sets (haven't missed one yet), but I'll really kick myself if I don't get those Wolf steeds for my Castle collection. Any advice from those who own either or both of those sets?

I'd go with 79002; the Warg moulds and minifigures in general are awesome, plus it has a better price/piece ratio. I'd also recommend waiting for 75014 to go on sale before you get one of that.

What modular should I buy. Pet Shop or Grand emporium?

I will likely build it and display it for a few weeks or months, then break it down and MOC with it.

I don't have any of the modulars, my budget allows just one of the $150 (USD) ones.