timmyc1983

Brixton - My Lego Town

Hi Wodanis! Thanks for that information, I didn't know the cold could do that... The town is actually under the house in the foundations, which although it is cooler than room temperature, it would never get below 15-17 degrees Celsius, and that would be in mid-winter. Is this cold enough to effect the bricks?? Living in Sydney we have a fairly temperate climate, although we get extremes in summer/winter times, generally it's relatively pleasant.

My main worry of the holes was the dust and leaves that blow in, maybe I should be more worried...?

Thanks Charles, I appreciate your comments :classic: and glad you like the videos, I put a bit of work into them so glad at least one person enjoyed them :laugh:

And thanks for the link to the weather thread, after having read through it, it seems the temperatures my city will endure is very mild compared to some, so I'm pretty confident it should be ok!

:laugh:

With those types of temperatures Timmy you should be alright. I would block the holes or drape something over them to stop the dust and dirt from blowing in.

Thanks Charles I did not know about that thread either. I live in Canada so the temperatures here can go either from -30 in winter to +32 in the summer. That being said, my Lego mini figures used to travel with me as a kid in the trunk of the car during the winter months which did affect them. I find the rubber of the tires suffers the most during the heat of summer and base plates. :cry_sad:

Hello Eurobricks :classic:

I am very sorry it has been so long since the last update, but not much has happened up until the last couple months. And now I feel enough has happened for an update!!! I will now be doing monthly updates on my youTube channel, so please subscribe to stay updated. I will of course be updating this thread as well, just to cover all bases. For now though, please enjoy this video and I appreciate comments etc.

Happy building all :laugh:

Nice collection...but you should really take car of all those nice train-cars..... :cry_sad:

:laugh: Don't worry, they'll be sitting pretty soon enough :classic: I just lost a screw from one of the lights I was installing in amongst them.... I do love that about LEGO though, they may be on their sides or upside down even, but it's not damaging them :wink: I have also bought a second horizon express for quite cheap (for a retired set), so I will have a proper double ended Horizon Express now :wub:

Hello again,

I am back with some more news about Brixton Valley. It now has an all new and renovated Pet Shop! The pet shop is owned and run by my sigfig and is called (originally) 'Tim's Pets'. Unfortunately I am having some issues with my computer recognising my memory card, so I have no photos at the moment, but I uploaded this video a couple of days ago, please watch :sweet:

I actually work in the animal welfare industry in real life, so would like to clarify that all the animals 'for sale' at Tim's Pets are animals in need of a second chance, not all pets have to come from breeders and puppy farms...

Anyway, that's my two cents and I hope you like my MOD of the Pet Shop, 10218!

Happy building :laugh:

I like it, but I think it would look better with 6 wide road plates.

Thanks for the feedback boomerang :classic: I've thought about using the new style road plates but they just don't grab me the way the old ones do. I guess I'm a bit of a traditionalist :grin:

Anyway, I now also have a photo of the Pet Shop for those of you who cbf to watch the video :wink:

20548425972_a5a2fd0bc3_z.jpgPet Shop, 10218 MOD by Tim, on Flickr

So, there are two apartments on the two top levels, each are a full floor.

Not that there's much more to see, but here is the album on flickr and the

again if anyone is interested (it is a little shorter than previous MOD tours). Please comment, like and subscribe :laugh: happy building. Edited by timmyc1983

Thanks for the feedback boomerang :classic: I've thought about using the new style road plates but they just don't grab me the way the old ones do. I guess I'm a bit of a traditionalist :grin:

Anyway, I now also have a photo of the Pet Shop for those of you who cbf to watch the video :wink:

20548425972_a5a2fd0bc3_z.jpgPet Shop, 10218 MOD by Tim, on Flickr

So, there are two apartments on the two top levels, each are a full floor.

Not that there's much more to see, but here is the album on flickr and the

again if anyone is interested (it is a little shorter than previous MOD tours). Please comment, like and subscribe :laugh: happy building.

Thanks for answering my comment, but I said that because that means you can use the new 6-wide cars and trucks.

Thanks for answering my comment, but I said that because that means you can use the new 6-wide cars and trucks.

Aw yeah, I still use the new 6 wides in my city, they do fit on the old road plates, you just have to make sure you place them carefully, like none passing each other on the roads, etc. :wink:

Wow very cool mix of new and old stuff! Always cool to see all sets built up in a city layout like this! Good job!

Well, it's that time of the month again, the update is below. Not a whole done this last month gone BUT this months promises to be a little more productive!! Without further ado:

See ya soon, happy building :laugh:

Hello hello!!!

I have just uploaded the last (for now) walkthrough tour of my Modular Music Shop MOC, I invite you all to check it out :classic: if you enjoy the tour please hit the thumbs up button and make a comment!! And ideally, if you want more updates of my MOCs and city/modular layout, please go to my channel and subscribe :blush:

Happy building :laugh:

Hello everyone,

Please check out the latest update of Brixton Valley!! Things are starting to come together now, hopefully have the layout set up properly by the end of the year :classic:

happy building :laugh:

You definately need some more table space, timmyc. But well... Who doesn't? :laugh:

I think it willl get really good when you get the harbour area right. Especially if you can use the "cave" behind the airport.

Look forward to next update.

That is huge, probably the best lego city ever

Thanks 'RacerGTR' :laugh: I have a long way to go before I can claim that tho!!

You definately need some more table space, timmyc. But well... Who doesn't? :laugh:

I think it willl get really good when you get the harbour area right. Especially if you can use the "cave" behind the airport.

Look forward to next update.

Yeah I'm really itching to add space!! Even the harbour area is no where near big enough, but you have to build with the bricks you have!!! :grin:

Thanks 'Lego_v194' :classic: It's nice to get some feedback and know at least one person is enjoying the updates! :tongue:

I will certainly keep you and the rest of EB updated, I have some exciting news coming up for the December update as well!!!

See you soon!! :laugh:

Ok so I'm a bit late posting the link here, this is my busiest time of year at work so have been getting smashed there and come home to sleep and that's about it :wacko:

Anyway, here is

and January won't be far behind :laugh:

Seasons Greetings to all!

Hello everybody,

So it's been 2 months since an update, but for good reason! Brixton Valley will be getting relocated to a bigger and better area! Please watch the update for the latest and stay tuned!!

Happy new year all and see you soon! :laugh: