Darkdragon

Aperture Academy Mafia School: Day 1 The Welcome Surprise

Hey dude what are in for really, kicking (lynch) the cool guys out

I don't know what you meant by the first part of that statement. Care to elaborate? As for kicking out the "cool guys", "cool" is relative. I'm more concerned with finding the Black Mesa and kicking them out, so I can focus on passing this class and getting the old man of my back.

It seems the vote is for Craig and not for me, but all we did was poke you for your seeming lack of insightful contributions. Like Cameron said, that's OMGUS.

All we can do is throw around accusations today. And hope that if we expel someone, we got a Black Mesa.

Looks like you're trying to start a bandwagon on me to move discussion away from Davey. We can definitely do more than just throw accusations around.

I have done some reshearch based on Claire´s reasoning, 2 things:

1. she is on to something here in the trend of what she is speaking about or

2. she is only trying to point suspicion in an other way from herself

Are you talking about the numbers or names? Also, it looks to me like you're trying to divert attention away from yourself by casting suspicion on someone else. Claire seem town to me. I'd love to hear why you think otherwise.

I saw what one of the nerds did (math stuff) ,so just to ruin it,i must say my number is 19 .Sorry man .

I still have my suspicion on the Slytherin guy/guys ,since the beginning ,dunno why.

Brian's analysis assumed you were telling the truth about being "666". I thought it interesting that he just took that at face value.

I haven't watched a lot of Harry Potter. Are you referring to those with the preppie sweaters on?

Lets sit back and look at the situation, there are no particularly scummy people at the moment, so we may end up voting for someone because they make a mistake, and that person probaly would just be a confused townie. I am not going to rush any decisions here, I want to make sure I have voted correctly.

I agree, for the most part. No-one has screamed out "I'm scum" to me and, let's face it, they wouldn't actually do that. But there are definitely a few on my list of those I suspect.

Here's my top 3 (in no particular order), and the reasons:

Davey - first few posts weren't particularly helpful from a town perspective. Has tried to throw suspicion on Claire on more than one occasion (if I had to pick one or the other, I'd say Claire is town). Never got a number from him, although I just noticed he's offering to reveal in a PM. Really? I might be missing the blindingly obvious, but there doesn't seem to be anything to the numbers.

Bud - the unreasonable response to me questioning him about his student number. We never did get his number.

Allison - see above. Seems to be implicitly supporting Davey and Bud.

There are others on the list, but they haven't bothered me enough yet to warrant being named. There's also quite a list of lurkers, but I'd like to give them some more time before I throw their names in the ring.

Ok I understand you are an foreigner so you don´t understand everything, I will repeat it clearly

-N E V E R- -K N O W- -W H A T- -T H E- -S C U M- -C O U L D- -G A I N- -F R O M- -T H E- -I N F O- -A B O U T- -N U M B E R S-

not to be offensive

Thank you very much. It is very nice from you that you repeated it. My name is Adriano and I like what you did here.

But.

What do you think what the scum could "gain from the info about numbers"? Whatever that even means. But what do the Black Mesa people not know? Whether one of us has special abilities. Anything else? Nothing I can think of. You?

But I can tell you what information the town can gain from the numbers thing and why it may be not such bad idea as one could think at first. We can test people's reactions. Scummy people always have the fear to reveal secrets that reveal their scummy alignment. That is why they are often hesitant in sharing information. They get nervous and want to see where the discussions goes first.

Your reaction sticks out, by the way.

Btw some here are just a Pack of Brats

Could you be so nice and explain that to me? :tongue:

And why is Claire helping him.

SNIP

Eh... this is kind of weird? Why are you isolating yourself? Are you not part of the town class? And why do you offer to be quiet? Do you try to adapt yourself as good as possible with the class? Just not attract attention?

SNIP

Yes. The question is "just stupid or dumb scum?".

SNIP

And why is Allison speaking for you here?

Replying to your concerns in order:

• That's not quite right. Claire just pointed out that if Ricky were Black Mesa, one of his little buddies would have told him to shut up long before he got his head up his eggs.
  • That is a good point. Why do you have to conform to social norms, Ricky? Don't feel that the people you are angsting with have to dictate your behavior - show them who you are, but try not to overwhelm them. Not every conversation is about your chicken suit.
  • I think probably "just stupid" - so does Claire - but we may find ourselves expelling Ricky if he continues his pervasive school spirit schtick.
  • I only made a guess as to what Newton was doing, since voting for people who don't say much is a way of making them talk.

Looks like you're trying to start a bandwagon on me to move discussion away from Davey. We can definitely do more than just throw accusations around.

Here's my top 3 (in no particular order), and the reasons:

Davey - first few posts weren't particularly helpful from a town perspective. Has tried to throw suspicion on Claire on more than one occasion (if I had to pick one or the other, I'd say Claire is town). Never got a number from him, although I just noticed he's offering to reveal in a PM. Really? I might be missing the blindingly obvious, but there doesn't seem to be anything to the numbers.

Bud - the unreasonable response to me questioning him about his student number. We never did get his number.

Allison - see above. Seems to be implicitly supporting Davey and Bud.

Nope - I'm sorry I gave you that impression.

I was trying to end the conversation about retaliatory votes against you and me, not start a bandwagon on Ricky. I had an early accidental kind of tunnel-vision on Ricky, so Bud and Davey went by the wayside to some extent (especially since they haven't posted a great deal). I see why you interpreted that as implicit support of Bud and Davey.

However, I've realized that Ricky is probably not the person we are looking for today, seeing as Bud is hiding behind his preppiness and Davey behind his Gothicness, with both seeming to be deliberately unhelpful.

I need to go back to my room and angst now. I'll come and hang out in a little while.

• I only made a guess as to what Newton was doing, since voting for people who don't say much is a way of making them talk.

I know. But don't guess. Let him explain himself. If he has had no good explanation for this, you'd given it to him. On the first day(s) it's all about people's reactions. And you ruined that. Good town let people explain themselves. I hope you understand what I mean. It could even be read as if you were trying to stop Newton from saying something stupid. Scummy team-behavior. Just saying.

• That's not quite right. Claire just pointed out that if Ricky were Black Mesa, one of his little buddies would have told him to shut up long before he got his head up his eggs.

But that was not the reaction I was pointing to. She said that, right. But while I disagree with that statement (scum could have no possibility to call him off early enough if they were not paying attention at that time), But in the statement above, Claire is defending Ricky "he already told his number" and then hides it in an irrelevant sentence (chicken-stuff) which is by the way a sentence that tries to dissociates herself from Ricky. It's a very small point, but it still has to be noticed. She had no real reason to defend him.

Replying to your concerns in order:

Thank you.

However, I've realized that Ricky is probably not the person we are looking for today, seeing as Bud is hiding behind his preppiness and Davey behind his Gothicness, with both seeming to be deliberately unhelpful.

And Ricky behind his chickenness. But as you said (and me before), Bud and Davey's behavior is more scummy while Ricky is more dumb.

I need to go back to my room and angst now. I'll come and hang out in a little while.

Really?

Craig why are you attacking all people, I haven´t attacked or suspected you, youn should explain yourself to those who suspects you

I don´t know about Claire, she seems Town but she can be diverting also

Thank you very much. It is very nice from you that you repeated it. My name is Adriano and I like what you did here.

But.

What do you think what the scum could "gain from the info about numbers"? Whatever that even means. But what do the Black Mesa people not know? Whether one of us has special abilities. Anything else? Nothing I can think of. You?

But I can tell you what information the town can gain from the numbers thing and why it may be not such bad idea as one could think at first. We can test people's reactions. Scummy people always have the fear to reveal secrets that reveal their scummy alignment. That is why they are often hesitant in sharing information. They get nervous and want to see where the discussions goes first.

Thank you now that someone explained Why you would want the numbers, ok I understand now

Pack of Brats, will explain that later on

I have made a list of possible links between people (scum) in this class, will think about it still

Until then whatever dudes

I don't know what you meant by the first part of that statement. Care to elaborate? As for kicking out the "cool guys", "cool" is relative. I'm more concerned with finding the Black Mesa and kicking them out, so I can focus on passing this class and getting the old man of my back.

And Craig I was talking to Cameron not to you

maybe that I don´t know, so that is why i am wondering about this... but I am nothing so whatever

Craig why are you attacking all people, I haven´t attacked or suspected you, youn should explain yourself to those who suspects you

Maybe you should re-read my posts. I've voiced my views on certain, not all people ... nobody's been attacked by me yet. An attack would be a vote for no reason or as a response to being pinged (which seems to be more Bud's style). I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have. I have nothing to hide.

Pack of Brats, will explain that later on

Why not now?

I have made a list of possible links between people (scum) in this class, will think about it still

I'm looking forward to seeing this as it's the type of analysis we need to vote confidently.

And Craig I was talking to Cameron not to you

I know it wasn't directed at me, but the question still stands. I'd like to hear what you meant by that comment.

I'm leaning towards Bud now but Davey still sounds scummy to me, deliberately covering himself up with his stupid hippie/goth/surfer speak. I'm still gonna hang on to mý vote but I think out of all the viable "options" Bud is sounding more and more scum

I know it wasn't directed at me, but the question still stands. I'd like to hear what you meant by that comment.

Hey I am an unsocial Goth who don´t need to be here and talk to anyone, so go figure

Maybe you should re-read my posts. I've voiced my views on certain, not all people ... nobody's been attacked by me yet. An attack would be a vote for no reason or as a response to being pinged (which seems to be more Bud's style). I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have. I have nothing to hide.

Thats good to hear

Why not now?

I'm looking forward to seeing this as it's the type of analysis we need to vote confidently.

Because I wanna see a bit how people react to this info, and still have to think about it. But that comment is linked to to my other comments and to the analyslist

But I am tired of this chatting now, gonna continue my metal listning now

Time for another nap for me too. School's hard work!

Plus, he was casting a vote. Most noob scum don't dare.

I have no read on Craig as he stands now, but your blatant OMGUS (you voted for him because he accused you; "Oh My God You Suck", you say, and vote him just for that) is going to force my hand. This is strike two, bucko.

Look, I was going to give you the benefit of the doubt because you obviously come from a good family but you may want to look at your logic there again.

All we can do is throw around accusations today. And hope that if we expel someone, we got a Black Mesa.

Exactly, as well as to act as our characters should be acting in order to generate interaction. Thinking meta, me and the stoners at the end of the movie would have teamed up to eliminate the threat and learned something today. Either that or I would be killed off in the first reel but nobody wants to go in assuming they a bit character. All the talk of helpful versus unhelpful is really meaningless since we have no data to go on. Sigh. And now I've gone and broke character. Hold on, here we go. Obviously, what is needed here is leadership. If I can't help but be dragged into this mess you really should listen to me. Look at their shoes. I'll give my number up if you all describe your shoes. I've already said you need to look at shoes but did you listen? I think you'll find our sneaks have filthy shoes (from doing dirty deeds - and for the metal heads (who I don't trust either) -- probably done dirt cheap so they are probably cheap shoes)

For the record my shoes are leather dockers.

Sadly, that is true :sceptic: but neither Ricky nor Bud seem like scum to me, just grasping with the rules and confused more likely. And it seems like to me that Bud is trying to start a bandwagon on Craig. I'm not gonna vote yet but he's in my sights if he does anything like this again.

Maybe confused. You can see my reasoning above, so maybe not. I'm probably gone anyway because I fixed a typo....er, I mean, If this school wants me out, I go out knowing I'm too good for you anyway

-Bud

Brian's analysis assumed you were telling the truth about being "666". I thought it interesting that he just took that at face value.

I haven't watched a lot of Harry Potter. Are you referring to those with the preppie sweaters on?

Slytherin is the one with the green snake logo on his sweater, or as we know him here "Bud".

But that was not the reaction I was pointing to. She said that, right. But while I disagree with that statement (scum could have no possibility to call him off early enough if they were not paying attention at that time), But in the statement above, Claire is defending Ricky "he already told his number" and then hides it in an irrelevant sentence (chicken-stuff) which is by the way a sentence that tries to dissociates herself from Ricky. It's a very small point, but it still has to be noticed. She had no real reason to defend him.

And Ricky behind his chickenness. But as you said (and me before), Bud and Davey's behavior is more scummy while Ricky is more dumb.

Some people act stupid ,like Ricky did,that doesn't mean he cant be a scum,what if he acts dumb on purpose?So that we wouldn't mind him?And therefore risk himself (by the penalty) so that we can feel sorry for him,that he's confused.like in Scary Movie 1.

Actually even the most active,honest guy/girl can be a scum.He/she is trying to get us on his/her side.Also there are some people that barely talk and the numbers wont do a thing,i doubt that they will be w/o numbers if they were scum,too easy.I must check again to see if there is a clue ,somewhere hiding in here ,before its too late.

Actually,it can be so mixed up,that the nerds are scum and the rock/metal/wierdos are the town's folks.

Actually,it can be so mixed up,that the nerds are scum and the rock/metal/wierdos are the town's folks.

A connection between characters and roles/affiliations is against basic rules of Mafia (on Eurobricks).

A connection between characters and roles/affiliations is against basic rules of Mafia (on Eurobricks).

Thanks for the info!

Somehow I just think he's insanely confused.

Well we are in school, and we a learning. And I think I am learning from my mistakes. :cry_sad:

Wow, so much drama while I was sleeping. Practice just wears me out so I sleep great, but now I'm up and getting caught up.

Look at their shoes. I'll give my number up if you all describe your shoes. I've already said you need to look at shoes but did you listen? I think you'll find our sneaks have filthy shoes (from doing dirty deeds - and for the metal heads (who I don't trust either) -- probably done dirt cheap so they are probably cheap shoes)

-Bud

Shoes? You think shoes will solve this? Heck, worth a shot.

I may be a girl but the only shoes I wear are cleats for the field. Means I can't POSSIBLY be sneaky, cause indoors you can hear me walking from a mile away on the academy's tile floors.

And you wear leather dockers, huh? Well... sounds nice and preppy, but could also be good for sneaking around. Wonder what shoes the chicken wears?

I wear Crockett & Jones Alex shoes just like James Bond. :grin:

So you are a spy? :laugh:

I am Adriano, and I have no clue what you are talking about at the moment.... :sceptic::look:

So you are a spy? :laugh:

No, I admired the greatness in James Bond. Someone dumb once said, "If you can't be like them, look like them." So that's why I wear his shoes. :laugh:

Hi everybody…my name is SIMONE! SIMONE! S-I-M-O-N-E-! Lets go!

B-Aggressive! B-B-Aggressive! Let’s kick those Black Mesas OUT-OUT-OUTTA-HERE! Yeah! GO Cocks!!! Wooh!

Yes...this is happening.

Yeah. Where is your excitement gone? Would the real Simone please stand up?

apertureacademy1.png

apertureacademyv1.png

Craig Anheiser (Kristel) - 2 votes (Brickington, Tohst)

Bud Fox (Tohst) - 6 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, PsyKater)

Davey Osborne (Mencot) - 1 vote (Debricker)

Ricky Sanders (Brickington) - 5 votes (penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty, penalty)

apertureacademy3.png

Acceptable Voting Format - Vote: Character (Player)

Acceptable Unvoting Format - Unvote: Character (Player)

For those of you who might be a little slow, that is: The word Vote or Unvote followed by a colon

then a space and the name of the character then another space and the name of the player in

parenthesis. Then you highlight the whole thing and press the B in the toolbar above to turn it bold.

We are currently accepting votes that do not include the colon, but are otherwise correct. We will

also overlook capitalization at this time, and character name may be first, last, or both. However,

any other variations will be unacceptable and from this notification forward, will result in a 5 vote

penalty against you, so it would be wise to pay very close attention to your voting format or you

may find this to be a very short experience that ends with a failing mark on your permanent record,

followed by death. I have the lab boys working on a little something right now, and trust me, you'd

like to avoid it.

(Signed)

Aperture Academy Administration

Yeah. Where is your excitement gone? Would the real Simone please stand up?

Huh, what? Hey I'll have to get back to you...yes? I'm on the phone! :blush:

Oh, hi Adriano; well at this point I think it's best for me to just stay out of all the drama--there's a first time for everything I guess! I mean I don't want to come off as suspicious, not like those other kids who keep asking questions and wanting to know answers--that sounds like a spy to me. I mean why else do they ask so many questions and target people? Now I love my school, and my team spirit, but I won't stand for people attacking me--mama don't play! Not up in here!

So whats going on with you Adriano...wait I gotta take this call...

Wow, just got caught back up after a nice nap. It still appears that the number thing has struck a chord with some around here. Something that I thought to be harmless has really put some on the defensive. PING! There are still some relatively quiet students as well. I realize not everybody wants to talk too much, but absolute silence is just as bad as acting scummy. Since we have the ability to unvote, I will:

Vote: Bud Fox (Tohst)

There are others that I am very suspicious of, but Bud you have been very uncooperative and your penalty votes make for an easier lynch than some of my other suspects.

I don't want to come off as suspicious, not like those other kids who keep asking questions and wanting to know answers--that sounds like a spy to me. I mean why else do they ask so many questions and target people? Now I love my school, and my team spirit, but I won't stand for people attacking me--mama don't play! Not up in here!

Questions are asked because they are simple and no answer to them has been given. I don't believe we got your number either Simone. Since a large majority have shared them, it's the small minority that haven't that gain suspiciousness, and the more defensive they get about it, the scummier they look.

Huh, what? Hey I'll have to get back to you...yes? I'm on the phone! :blush:

:hmpf_bad:

Oh, hi Adriano; well at this point I think it's best for me to just stay out of all the drama--there's a first time for everything I guess!

You think it is better for a good townie to be quiet? Really?

I mean I don't want to come off as suspicious

Eh. If you are a good guy, then you do not have to fear to "come off as suspicious". There is nothing to hide, is it? So why should you be suspicious?

not like those other kids who keep asking questions and wanting to know answers--that sounds like a spy to me. I mean why else do they ask so many questions and target people?

As asking questions leads to answers. Like yours. And that can lead to trails...

Now I love my school, and my team spirit, but I won't stand for people attacking me--mama don't play! Not up in here!

So whats going on with you Adriano...wait I gotta take this call...

:hmpf_bad:

There are others that I am very suspicious of, but Bud you have been very uncooperative and your penalty votes make for an easier lynch than some of my other suspects.

So, that's what this school is like? Going for the easiest lynch? You're another one I would have given the benefit of the doubt to because you seem to come from a good family. I'm disappointed in all of you and you'll be sorry when I'm gone.

Oh, and I said I'd give my number if people gave what shoes they wear. While, you haven't bothered to contribute what is obviously more important than numbers,

my number is 21....the winning number in Blackjack.

-Bud