GRogall

Winter Village 10235 Winter Village Market

Winter Village is becoming a necessary but expensive purchase for the Christmas season for us, but this is definitely not one of the better ones...

Hard to justify the spend...

I don't like how they are trying to make the arches a marketing point, because they know MOCers use such pieces, but to blatantly state it seems wrong somehow. They shouldn't need to market a piece as a reason to get a set, period.

I did not get the impression that the arches were a marketing point any more tha when Jamie introduced the Tower Bridge and said you get some 500 tan cheese slopes.

I for one am glad they reintroduced the dblue arch, now it will be available on PAB as well as in the set. I am tired of seeing the arch for sale fo $9 to $10 each. Now it will be more available for a much more reasonable cost.

For me it was not marketing as much as just putting some people on notice.. Cheap dblue arches coming!

Just MHO, YMMV

Andy D

And I still plan to get multiples of the set.... One to build, one to mod, one for parts!

The cheeses were statistics. Astrid presented the piece as something special and making a comeback, as MOCer appeal. Or that's the way it seemed to me.

I think it's legitimate to mention it. Like she said, a lot of people are looking for those arches. And most of us eventually start looking at new sets as parts packs. She is just saying, guys, this one is an awesome parts pack. Personally I'd keep this together, but it's obvious that some serious MOCers will be buying multiples for parts. No sense in TLG acting like that isn't part of the appeal.

I think it's legitimate to mention it. Like she said, a lot of people are looking for those arches. And most of us eventually start looking at new sets as parts packs. She is just saying, guys, this one is an awesome parts pack. Personally I'd keep this together, but it's obvious that some serious MOCers will be buying multiples for parts. No sense in TLG acting like that isn't part of the appeal.

Second this.

Third this! I'm excited and glad they listened and included two of them in the set! Now if we only could get Sand Green 1x8 bricks back...

Yeah. The arches weren't really a marketing point. She brought it up more as a point of design interest, that the fans and particularly AFOLs had been asking for the part, so they took this as an opportunity to reissue them. If anything it is more PR "see we do listen to ou" than marketing.

Thank you very much for this information and the pics, grogall! :classic:

The idea of a winter village market is great.

But I regrettably have to say that the outcome is really disappointing! :thumbdown:

Pro: :thumbup:

- nine minifigures

- very detailed carousel

Con: :thumbdown:

- overprized for what you get (first time that a Winter set is that - til now all sets had a good price ratio performance)

- lolly with printing on only one side

- no building included

- much too small and too open stands

- nearly no accessory and nearly no interior inside the stands

- no stand selling hot drinks (only the cups at the sausage stand which is weird - esp. since there is even no cock or something similar inside the sausage stand)

- the stand where you can buck of tins does imo not fit in a Xmas market but more in a folk festival scene

To me it seens as if for the designer the carousel was the most important part of the set and she did invest the main work in this carousel. No doubt that the carousel turned out great. But as a high price for this the stands - which are imo the most important part of the set (since it shall be an Xmas market) - were designed only along the way and very spartan. That's really a pity!

If there'll be more Winter sets in the coming years, I hope that

- every set will include a decent building and

- that there'll be a Xmas market stand in many sets so that you can add them to 10235 in order to create a decent Xmas market.

Klaus-Dieter

The Winter Village Market will be a VIP early release on Monday the 16th of September! :classic:

The more I look at this set, the more I like it! It will make a great center piece, like a town square for my Winter Village. Now to arrange the buildings around the WV Market, Christmas Tree from the Toy Store and the Ice Skateing Rink from the Bakery. I also plan to make a smaller version of my church (St. Mary's of The LEGO Brick) to fit in with my Winter Village.

My WInter Village is really growing, and Christmas is my favorite season for so very many reasons, among them is decorating.

Andy D

I like the new Winter Market, however in comparision with last year, I like the Winter Cottage better. I plan to buy them both the next months and create a big scene with all the WV sets. I hope they release a big church or something similar next year.

The Winter Village Market will be a VIP early release on Monday the 16th of September! :classic:

Not bad! I might get it early for the threshold promos, if I have Thanksgiving at my house this year. :grin:

Does this mean that it will be available in Lego stores on that date? Do you need to be a VIP member ahead of time or can you become a VIP member when you go get it?

Does this mean that it will be available in Lego stores on that date? Do you need to be a VIP member ahead of time or can you become a VIP member when you go get it?

Yeah, they should be available on that date, and you can become a VIP member right before you buy it and they'll let you get it from what I heard.

Also, Happy First Post! :sweet::grin:

I'm still not sure what to do.. buy it or not.. i'm not very enthusiastic by this set, but as i have all other sets, i need to complete my collection.. Like me there will be a lot of people, that have that special 'collectors' feeling.. and they will buy it as well.. Together with the winter village sets, i have to collect the modulars as well...

I might buy it on 16 september, but in that case, i want the mini-VW-camper for free and no post and package-cost.... I want to sell the VW camper, to keep the cost of the winter village market lower.... well..let's wait till monday and decide...

The more I see this set, the more I like it, especially after that Hispabrick review. The stalls could be more exciting, but they actually seem like solid little structures with more detail than usual. And the carousel-game stall combo is really excellent. I think this is one for the ages, even though I was initially not overwhelmed. And that is a lot of minifigs, even if they have reused some parts.

Now my big dilemma is whether to get this or the Cottage when they are released. Neither of the WV sets lasted very long last year, and I hate to miss out on any more.

Near the beginning of the year you stated the Post Office would be re-released with the new Market on October 1st. Can you confirm if the Post Office will be back this year?

I can confirm that 10222 Winter Village Post office will not be making a comeback! although it should have been available again this year........

Thanks for that confirmation - I'm very glad I picked mine up early this year when I had a hunch it wouldn't be returning.

I guess the Winter Cottage would return this year, since it's only a year old?

Got mine a couple of weeks ago.