Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

My thoughts on HF so far:

1.0: This looks to be an okay theme. Still, won't be able to fully replace Bionicle.

2.0: Things are starting to shape up, lots of poseability now, and I'm liking these printed parts. This theme is okay.

3.0: Things are interesting... a jungle theme, with a variety of new parts. This is pretty good!

Breakout: Now I'm starting to like this. A real plot is forming now, and the idea of a breakout is interesting!

Brain Attack: Things are getting deep now, Von Nebula's got the HF plans, there's an evil Brain Attack, and heroes with flip-up visors! This theme is amazing!

So yeah, thought I'd throw it out there. Next year, I'll throw in more thoughts.

Nice work, Xeros!

Seeing the villains aren't unique but come as armies makes me feel (even) less obligated to get them all, since it's not "One villain for each Hero" anymore.

I already ordered Pyrox and I might get Ogrum, while I'll skip Scarox- it isn't even good as a parts pack IMO. I'm on the fence about Bruizer, I have a revamp idea but I'm not sure if it's worth spending 13 Euro for that, let alone for the parts (I don't need anymore titanium metallic or silver, for now). Dragon Bolt is as good as bought, likely the same for Frost Beast and Aquagon.

As for the Heroes, I already ordered Furno XL and Breez, but I think I'll skip Bulk (I'll probably BL his helmet, the rest just feels..useless when you have Breakout Bulk) and Rocka (I'm getting Jet Rocka). I'll definitely buy all the Summer Hero sets.

...but I think I'll skip Bulk (I'll probably BL his helmet, the rest just feels..useless when you have Breakout Bulk)...

Since you mentioned ordering single pieces... does anyone know why TLG hasn't updated the HF parts in Pick-a-Brick yet? There are still the parts from the first Breakout-line.

I'd really like to get a few parts from the second one, like the small sockets which were in Stormer XL.

As for the current wave, I'm not sure if I want to get anything else after Breez, Ogrum and Furno XL. Especially since I reactivated one of my other money-consuming hobbies.

Nice work, Xeros!

Seeing the villains aren't unique but come as armies makes me feel (even) less obligated to get them all, since it's not "One villain for each Hero" anymore.

I already ordered Pyrox and I might get Ogrum, while I'll skip Scarox- it isn't even good as a parts pack IMO. I'm on the fence about Bruizer, I have a revamp idea but I'm not sure if it's worth spending 13 Euro for that, let alone for the parts (I don't need anymore titanium metallic or silver, for now). Dragon Bolt is as good as bought, likely the same for Frost Beast and Aquagon.

As for the Heroes, I already ordered Furno XL and Breez, but I think I'll skip Bulk (I'll probably BL his helmet, the rest just feels..useless when you have Breakout Bulk) and Rocka (I'm getting Jet Rocka). I'll definitely buy all the Summer Hero sets.

My sentiments exactly. The winter wave is very lacklustre - except for Furno XL, who is bought on sight the moment the new sets are available in my country - but the summer wave, on the other hand, looks like one I'll get all the sets of. Just as well too, this will let me save up for the new Chima Ultrabuilds, which I'm certain I'll get all of.

Edited by Lockon Stratos

Nice work, Xeros!

I would recommend getting Ogrum, because he is a pretty good set out of the four. Bruizer is decent, and Scarox is mediocre at best so I would just advise on getting Ogrum and just skip the rest of the villains to save up for the summer wave coming up soon.

I'm sorry, but where are the pictures of the summer wave, I looked through many pages of this thread but couldn't find them.

I'm sorry, but where are the pictures of the summer wave, I looked through many pages of this thread but couldn't find them.

No decent pictures have come (the only ones were really blurry). But there was a new trailer for the TV episode that featured some of the summer sets.

Kalhiki

Yeah, like Kalhiki said, no clear pictures yet but the video can be found

and a couple of renders from the TV special are located here.

I'd really like to get a few parts from the second one, like the small sockets which were in Stormer XL.

And of course the scout drones, which I'm still waiting for. Anyway, the basic structure of Jangs Dragon Bolt is a practically perfect duplication, with the wings being the only part that's "off". Then again, it's difficult to make something if you don't have enough parts.

Edited by DraikNova

HEY GUYS I GOT FURNO XL

8357422140_3a345c7413_b.jpg

I have Ogrum! (Not really)

All jokes aside, that actually looks good.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I might try to get Rocka and Scarox some time, because they look like they got good parts and I want to see what Rocka's helmet looks like.

Edited by xxlrocka

So, as I excepted, my order arrived today. Of course I already modded the sets.

Breez is cool, though I feel her colour scheme is a bid..bland. Not enough contrast (no, silver and titanium metallic do not count) maybe she needs her red back! I like her weapons a lot more than I thought. I love the helmet! I made her arms longer like Breakout Breez and Breez 2.0, gave her 1.0 feet, replaced the dark green and brown pieces. Even without my mods, however, I appreciate how feminine she looks thanks to the new body plate and the use of 4M shells as lower legs.

Pyrox is cool, but even with all the mods I made (mostly to make him bigger), his head is still too big. I feel it's wasted as a deluxe set and should have been used on a Titan. Along longer limbs, I put a black foot on his back and I turned his weapon into a polearm (I didn't find the rotating weapon, held like a gun, fitting for this guy).

Now, Furno XL. Nice, proportionate figure, though I felt the shoulder attachment was too high. Now the Glatorian necks attach under the cape, a full module lower, and I like him more that way. I made his arms and legs a module shorter and I changed the colour of some pieces (from black to dark bley and vice versa). I added some back armour using two bones and a red 5M shell. Finally, I rebuilt his sword into something more simple and streamlined. Anyway, overall I like the set.

Edited by Shakar

I like how people are using Transformers Size-class terms like "scout" and "deluxe" for Hero Factory sets, by the way. Very amusing.

On the subject of set availability, Hero Factory sets don't hit stores in Norway before Match, therefore I'm trying to look into if I can order them from an online store.

Does anyone know of any good places I can buy the new Brain Attack sets and have em' shipped to me, I was thinking Amazon but they're still missing a couple of the sets and some of them are overpriced. Any other good alternatives anyone can think of?

My thoughts on HF so far:

1.0: This looks to be an okay theme. Still, won't be able to fully replace Bionicle.

2.0: Things are starting to shape up, lots of poseability now, and I'm liking these printed parts. This theme is okay.

3.0: Things are interesting... a jungle theme, with a variety of new parts. This is pretty good!

Breakout: Now I'm starting to like this. A real plot is forming now, and the idea of a breakout is interesting!

Brain Attack: Things are getting deep now, Von Nebula's got the HF plans, there's an evil Brain Attack, and heroes with flip-up visors! This theme is amazing!

So yeah, thought I'd throw it out there. Next year, I'll throw in more thoughts.

1.0 Oh god make it stop Lego what have you done have mercy.

2.0 Introduction to new building system, impressions rather mixed, Villians look absolutely horrendous.

3.0 They're getting there, showing of a couple nice ways to utilize the new bones and such.

4.0 They're being a bit more versatile this time around with a variety of both Heroes and Villains, still a tremendous amount of re-used assets, and another Fire Lord.

5.0 Hero Factory seems to have finally become a fully-fledged theme, with they're own head-mould and such parts made for the theme itself rather then re-used pieces from previous themes, Hero Factory seem to have finally become it's own rather then just a shadow of what once was Bionicle.

HEY GUYS I GOT FURNO XL

snip

For about a minute I thought that was just a mod. Yup, I thought that.

Oh, and I agree, Hero Factory is finally it's unique self, with it's own building system and a very different aesthetic than Bionicle: gritty and chunky vs smooth and streamlined.

Edited by DraikNova

The site is updated! No new information, that we diidn't know, but it seems to be the most global update.

http://herofactory.lego.com/en-us

Thanks for the news DarkSurgeXL. Hmm, I don't really like how they've changed the website (I mean the format, the wallpaper in the background is quite good) :sceptic: It also doesn't have any new storyline summary, which I was looking forward to (unless it updates soon). Well, guess I'll just wait and see.

Edited by Nike2032

Weird. It looks ugly, with the "city style" it has, AND it's difficult to navigate.

Weird. It looks ugly, with the "city style" it has, AND it's difficult to navigate.

I spent enough time on it to figure out some stuff, and it's so horrible I can't even believe it's a website. And it sort of went back to breakout style eventually, but probably just to fix some bugs and not add more things like a summary of the story! Oh, and I miss the Heropad. That was cool.

But still, BUILDING INSTRUCTIONS OMG!!!

I guess the site is not fully ready yet, seems strange.

I will report tomorrow to the webmaster, if it's nok ok in the morning.

Erland

Part Design

Interesting new site; very different, in your face style. Not a huge fan of it, but I'm just happy with any update, and I hope that they rotate the main guys out with a frequent enough basis.

Edit: No story information? Really? That's extraordinarily disappointing.

Edited by Dorek