Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

either front is telling us that the visor and the helmet are one solid piece, or that..

tumblr_mc9hrt0GFp1qizlduo1_500.png

I thought about the flip-up helmet! But I didn't figure out it'd work- but your idea solves that! It's not attached to the helmet per se, since it can be still removed in a certain sense. This would be great.

Flip-up visor? Count me in!

I wonder if perhaps it doesn't connect in the traditional LEGO way, but maybe it 'clips' to the helmet? That would be interesting.

Do I dare say these visors can or could move up and down...such as a sliding motion.

Edited by Zachattacx

That would make "DEAL WITH IT- Hero Factory Edition" possible.

I'm surprised how different from Bionicle has HF become in certain areas. The group of 6 theme has been completely forgotten, so much I forgot we actually had it all the way into 2011. And 2013 is showing two things I'd never thought to be possible in, say, 2009 (the last big year of Bionicle): the return of brown and the absolute absence of launching mechanisms. I wonder what changed.

And I don't know if anyone noticed- each Hero has a matching villain whom they share at least one colour with:

-Furno / Pyrox (tr. reddish orange)

-Bulk / Bruizer (silver, t. metallic, orange and tr. reddish orange)

-Breez / Ogrum (dark green and brown- ok, this one is quite forced given the minimal amounts of them on Breez)

-Rocka / Scarox (gold and tr. neon green).

I wonder if this hints at the match ups or is just an "artistic" choice. I personally liked the contrasting colours between the Heroes and their villain rivals in Breakout, but this isn't so bad- you get less colours, but a bigger amount of pieces for each of said colours...and the combination models should sport cleaner colour schemes (if those are the match ups and if they combine Heroes and villains like in 2012).

The absence of colours like blue, white, orange, yellow, lilac, etc.. is easily felt however.

EDIT: Oh, I hate how the text colour function works on the new forum. The preview showed a completely purple post, but it was actually 3/4 black. :hmpf:

Edited by Shakar

That would make "DEAL WITH IT- Hero Factory Edition" possible.

I'm surprised how different from Bionicle has HF become in certain areas. The group of 6 theme has been completely forgotten, so much I forgot we actually had it all the way into 2011. And 2013 is showing two things I'd never thought to be possible in, say, 2009 (the last big year of Bionicle): the return of brown and the absolute absence of launching mechanisms. I wonder what changed.

Well, if we want to be really accurate, Vorox had parts blended with Reddish Brown, and Bulk has a flick-fire missile.

EDIT: Oh, I hate how the text colour function works on the new forum. The preview showed a completely purple post, but it was actually 3/4 black. :hmpf:

I hardly ever use the preview mode except to make sure that my formatting and emotes work. Generally, I hit the switch in the upper-right to type my posts in plaintext mode. That way I can make sure I don't have a lot of unnecessary code (the preview mode often bolds each paragraph individually instead of bolding the whole post, for instnace).

Ah, I forgot about Bulk's flick missile (which still is something pretty minor) and Vorox's brown. I didn't pay much attention to 2009- which is probably the reason I'm not so hot about the new villains- the organic/elemental feel just doesn't do much for me.

Wow, I didn't notice all those buttons in the upper area (the one you mentioned and the paste buttons)..those are going to be useful, thanks!

I'd be quite surprised if the visor and the helmet are actually one piece. If so, the visor and the helmet had to be assembled before retail since I hardly doubt it's one mold for both the transparent and the solid parts, but LEGO almost never sells parts who are assembled in such a way (the only one I could think of right now would be the heads for the Ben10 and Ultrabuild Super Heroes, where the socket and the head are connected with a screw).

Since helmet and visor are apparently not connected with each other, I guess the visor is attached to the back of the head. That could mean a new head mold, since I have now idea how the Iron Man head is supposed to connect with the visor and the helmet.

I wonder if im the only one who thinks that Bulk's weapon is not a drill, but it's a gattling gun-like weapon that Lego got to lazy to make a model for. and that in the Episode (if there is one) we will see that thing shooting lasers like crazy

There's a connector thingy in the back of the weapon so it spins, so I guess it's a drill.

And seriously, you think LEGO will allow a machine gun on their sets?

Well, the fact that Bulk's Drill has a launching mechanism (flick-fire missle), makes me unable to think that it's a gun. I still think it's a melee drill weapon.

I'd love to see that thing shread into a villain's armor.

Kalhiki

And 2013 is showing two things I'd never thought to be possible in, say, 2009 (the last big year of Bionicle): the return of brown and the absolute absence of launching mechanisms.

Sweet Suukorak, I can't believe I didn't notice that before! That is quite a suprising development. *oh2*

Why are there only four heroes I wonder? (this will save me money though... :laugh: )

I'm also quite excited to see the helmets without their visors.

Well, they've been splitting the team into two waves since this year, unlike the rotation system they used in 2011.

We should be getting Stormer, Stringer, Surge, Nex and Evo is summer, if everything goes right. Really curious to see if they're going to keep the blue on Stringer or if they're going to return to orange..

Well, they've been splitting the team into two waves since this year, unlike the rotation system they used in 2011.

We should be getting Stormer, Stringer, Surge, Nex and Evo is summer, if everything goes right. Really curious to see if they're going to keep the blue on Stringer or if they're going to return to orange..

You made me think about why we haven't gotten any new heroes lately-- LEGO wants to hold onto the ones they have, and give us one of each hero for the whole year. Though, if they returned to teams of six, we could get three new heroes!

And seriously, you think LEGO will allow a machine gun on their sets?

Ultrabuild Iron Man had some sort of shoulder-mounted gatling gun. It was gold and trans-blue however, so it looked like it would fire lasers, so it wouldn't be impossible for LEGO to put something machine gun like in a HF-set as long as it doesn't look too much like a real gun. I guess they didn't went with that idea due because it would give Bulk too many parts for his pricepoint.

Stringer's primary colour will most likely be black, unless Surge or Nex get a new primary colour. As for his secondary colour, I would prefer blue since it's a bit rarer than orange these days. But orange is a stronger contrast to black, so maybe he'll be orange again. Hmmm...

(in the meantime, I'll cross my fingers that Stringer's secondary colour will become azure)

Well, if they follow the Winter Heroes style, I bet something like this for the colours :

Stormer: White, silver, blue or (unlikely) azure, tr. blue

Surge: Blue, silver, lime or (unlikely) white, tr. neon green or (unlikely) tr. yellow

Nex: Orange, titanium metallic, white, tr. bright green.

Evo and Stringer seem like the big mysteries to me. Unlike summer 2012, the summer 2013 wave should have enough cool colours to even out the warm ones, so Stringer might return to orange or use "keetorange" like Stringer 3.0 and Jetbug...but I wonder about the transparent colour.

Evo could be yellow, titanium metallic, dark lilac and.. tr. ??? I just hope it's not tr. reddish orange like his head in Breakout.

Unlikely as it may be, it would be cool if they brought up tr. bright orange again- it's the colour of the Barraki eye in Stormer 2.0 and Stringer 1.0's core, and in Bionicle the colour of Jaller Inika's sockets. It would fit Stringer, at the very least.

I know it's too early to speculate about Summer stuff, but I just couldn't resist. :laugh:

Edited by Shakar

I´m hoping that Stringer´s secondary color will become purple or just stay blue. Also, it would be nice if the summer wave had six heroes. That way we would have one new rookie.

I wonder if im the only one who thinks that Bulk's weapon is not a drill, but it's a gattling gun-like weapon that Lego got to lazy to make a model for. and that in the Episode (if there is one) we will see that thing shooting lasers like crazy

Apply Occam's Razor. If it looks like a drill, and it works like a drill, it's probably a drill. Lego has many molds currently in production which would be ideal for a gatling gun, so I doubt they would make a gatling gun out of an obvious drill piece out of laziness. Plus, a drill would fit in with the other heroes, who all seem to have melee weapons of some sort (Breez's weapon could possibly be a bow, but even then I doubt those spikes are purely for show).

I dunno, I wouldn't put it out of the question. They love their projectiles, and don't forget Furno's MTIS. The entire description had it as an ice weapon, but then for the TV shows, they gave it the additional ability to SHOOT FIRE just for the heck of it.

I dunno, I wouldn't put it out of the question. They love their projectiles, and don't forget Furno's MTIS. The entire description had it as an ice weapon, but then for the TV shows, they gave it the additional ability to SHOOT FIRE just for the heck of it.

I think it was less "for the heck of it" and more "Furno is a fire-themed hero".