Logan McOwen

Hero Factory 2013

in a little separate topic: did anyone here plans to make a pictorical reviews of the summer sets?

If the sets were already released here in Germany (which they aren't yet), I'd probably already reviewed Stormer, Surge, Dragon Bolt and probably Frosty.

But yeah, for whatever reason, they aren't here yet. I cross my fingers they'll hit shelves next week.

That special offer sounds also cool. I'm actually more interested into getting the sword rather than the brain slug, but both are cool.

I´m going to do my best to get that polybag. It includes an exclusive recolor of the brain mold. Plus, the red Rocka sword means I don´t have to get Chi Worriz just for that.

Will it be on S@H? Because I plan to buy Orthanc and if thus is available, I'll add a HF set to my purchase.

But knowing how lego ended both BA episode and the last three books I think that the "Brains" would still be considered a threat. I do see your point though but I kinda like the Brain Attack arc. Who knows: Maybe lego is building up(pun not intended) suspense for future conflict. By the way has anyone bought HF book "Mirror World" yet? I've noticed that the books are a bit grim/dark in its stories

Summaries are up on HS01, though it could use some general tweaking. An interesting story, but mildly predictable.

I'm definitely okay with a new one-year arc that caps off the past two.

Edited by Dorek

But knowing how lego ended both BA episode and the last three books I think that the "Brains" would still be considered a threat. I do see your point though but I kinda like the Brain Attack arc. Who knows: Maybe lego is building up(pun not intended) suspense for future conflict. By the way has anyone bought HF book "Mirror World" yet? I've noticed that the books are a bit grim/dark in its stories

The books aren't all that dark... Legion of Darkness had about the same tone as the episodes, except fewer corny jokes. The Doom Box had a lot higher stakes than any other Hero Factory stories, and books three and four have a lot of horror tropes, but it's not an across-the-board tonal shift.

I haven't picked up Mirror World yet. Neither of the bookstores I've checked since getting home from college has had it. :sadnew:

Good point(s). I think that for the next wave, it might be interesting to see multiple types of villains. Perhaps some brain-controlled creatures, some regular villains, and then Dark Maker (for lack of a better, official, name).

God help us all if Dark Maker turns into another Daniel Rocka (although all things considered, it's not a horrible name).

But yeah, I'd like to see an eclectic bunch too. I was hoping initially for 2012 that the villains were somehow incarnations of past ones, so a Stars-esque line of dudes would sit well with me.

Honestly a "star" wave would be cool,but when the time is right to do it,and also it must not be as terrible as said 2010 bionicle star wave.

I really want that promotion of the black brain to be online too,because I live nowhere near a Lego store.

Honestly a "star" wave would be cool,but when the time is right to do it,and also it must not be as terrible as said 2010 bionicle star wave.

Frankly I don't know how that would work... there are so few heroes as it is that a 'stars' wave would be just like any other (except maybe for the villains- I could see them doing that, with upgraded villains from previous waves, etc.)

Hey what length axle is included with Brain Attack Evo. Is it an 8 long axle. A 10 long axle or a 12 long axle.

Hey what length axle is included with Brain Attack Evo. Is it an 8 long axle. A 10 long axle or a 12 long axle.

I'd hazard a guess as to 10L.

Also, for anybody that got the LEGO mag last month, was there actually anything about HF, or is the teaser actually for next month?

Yeah, it's 10 according to BL. Seems right to me.

I don't know if Lego would goo all the way with it, but I actually would like Brain Attack 3, just so we can get "Dark Maker", Nex and Stringer. Give each of them a rival, slap a random Furno/Rocka in, and we're at 7.

And I don't care much for the black brain. For the first HF exclusive recolour, I would've liked a helmet or a weapon..but if this goes well, we might get something more interesting next year.

Guess this is fourth one to be release, not as cool as that shield piece posted couple of months ago. I would also like Lego to continue BA line. Mostly for continuity instead of new mission/new everything storyline. Though, I would be happy for a HF line that doesn't have Rocka/Furno/Stormer.

Been on vacation the past week. Found a TRU and picked up Frost Beast. Really cool figure. Makes me want to swap his pieces with black and red ones and make a Pyrox 2.0.

Also cool to hear about the Black Brain promotion. With a Lego Store now in my area, I'll probably check it out.

Kalhiki

And I don't care much for the black brain. For the first HF exclusive recolour, I would've liked a helmet or a weapon..but if this goes well, we might get something more interesting next year.

Not the very first — you're forgetting the Hero Recon Team chestplate.

Anyway, LEGO customer service has instruction manuals and inventories of the new Hero Factory sets up (not 100% complete yet, but still cool since we get to see pics of many of the new parts). I have to say, I'm quite fond of the summer masks and helmets. Stormer's is the only one I'm not totally certain I like, since his eyeslit isn't as wide as on the classic version which looks kind of odd. But Evo's looks possibly even cooler than the Breakout version, even if it's looking less and less like his original 2.0 helmet.

Also, I'm less and less sure about the color of Dragon Bolt's brain. The picture from LEGO Customer Service makes it look like it may in fact be a three-color blend, but what three colors I can't say. Of course, since it's a render the colors could be misleading anyway. Based on the render and LEGOJANG's video review, I'm going to go ahead and say Transparent Light Blue, White Glow, and Bright Yellow, which means two of the three colors would match the lightning pieces he, Speeda Demon, and Voltix use. But I could be wrong about that third color — could be Transparent Yellow, and I'd have to see the part for myself to have a better idea.

EDIT: Actually, the part image and the instructions make it seem like there may be a fourth color — Transparent Bright Green — in there. Is it even remotely possible that this is a four-color part? Or is this just a visual shortcut since the renders used in the instruction manuals and inventories can't really show a smooth blend? Perhaps Front could shed some light on the subject.

You can see the inventories on Brickset: Surge, Dragon Bolt, Stormer, Frost Beast, Evo, Aquagon, and Jet Rocka.

Edited by Aanchir

Evo's looks possibly even cooler than the Breakout version, even if it's looking less and less like his original 2.0 helmet.

Of course it does. It's freakin' EVO.

Frankly I don't know how that would work... there are so few heroes as it is that a 'stars' wave would be just like any other (except maybe for the villains- I could see them doing that, with upgraded villains from previous waves, etc.)

And thus you got yourself Villain Factory..or something like that,where the main focus of the sets is the villains.

Actually a whole wave of villains in either a winter or summer wave and vice versa for the heroes like Bionicle back then,not the glatorian era.

And so the fans get more Heroes then what is given.

Edited by Zachattacx

And thus you got yourself Villain Factory..or something like that,where the main focus of the sets is the villains.

Actually a whole wave of villains in either a winter or summer wave and vice versa for the heroes like Bionicle back then,not the glatorian era.

And so the fans get more Heroes then what is given.

One issue with this is that it reduces playability if you don't have both protagonists and antagonists. I much prefer the way things are being done nowadays, especially since it means each wave we get a nice mix of more traditional humanoid heroes and beastly villains.

One issue with this is that it reduces playability if you don't have both protagonists and antagonists. I much prefer the way things are being done nowadays, especially since it means each wave we get a nice mix of more traditional humanoid heroes and beastly villains.

I think villain factory could work, at least in terms of a one-line novelty. Part of the Heroes+villains shtick worked because the Heroes were impulse buys, but now they're all pretty full-size, as it goes.

Not to mention there's always villain in-fighting, but I suppose that diminishes the "factory" aspect.

One question? What do YOU guys think the Commercials will be like. I assume it will go like this:

Stormer vs. Frost Beast

Jet Rocka vs. Dragon Bolt

It would Work.... Throw in Rocka, Stormer, Furno, Von Nebula, Black Phantom and another villain. See? Easy.

Anyone seen the store calendar for July yet? There seems to be a Hero Factory promo from the 15 to the end of the month to get an accesory pack.

It shows a black brain slug and a red bladed weapon there.

I only saw it blurry in a video from just2good, where he had to tell me what was written there.

Edited by KazeMonsuta