DLuders

Lego Power Functions Pneumatic Compressor in 9398 4x4 Crawler

Here's a creation that satisfies BOTH the fans of Lego Pneumatics AND Power Functions! :classic:

fr3dpivo posted a

of his "Lego Technic 9398 4x4 Crawler mod with height adjustable suspension, stabilizer bar, compressor and modified body. Hope you get ideas for your mod :-). Compressor design by DOTTECHNIC" [second
below].

Top nice, that compressor system. I might implement it in my plane if I find the need. It's fine enough as it is now, but might require too much force on the motor which could be used elsewhere.

One could always change the gear ratio in the 9398's portal axles. If you want maximum speed, use the gears shown on the left. If you want maximum torque, use the gears on the right:

TBs_20110628_118.jpg

Anone know where i can find instructions for the compressor? (Not clever enough to work it out for myself. Yet?)

It looks like good fun.

fr3dpivo posted a second

of "Version 2 of Lego Technic 9398 4x4 Crawler mod with height adjustable suspension, low-high gear, improved stabilizer bar, compressor (design by DOTTECHNIC) and modified body. I hope you get ideas for your mod :-)."

Regarding the autovalve, I've made one with 4 valves. I think it's big and clunky but I can't find a way to make it smaller and at the same time, sturdy.

I've built it with real bricks first, then modeled

HrmxnFO.jpg

AUTOVALVE.zip

Edited by Carsten Svendsen

I need one with 4 valves btw. I don't know whether this is an improvement or not regarding my previous autovalve solution. It has only got 3 valves where 1 of them is controlling two cylinders. In some way, this new valve is an improvement, but I think it'll be quite difficult implementing it.

pcA6PDp.jpg

ATTACHMENT: Landing Gear

BTW, there's something going on in that screenshot, I dunno why. It looks fine in the program :sceptic:

Pros to the newly developed autovalve would be that failure is reduced due to the clutch gear has been removed (friction degrades over time), and there's an additional valve.

I think I can reverse engineer that compressor, but If anyone has instructions for the compressor, please PM me. Thanks!

I am going to put this into my 41999, I love the gear change implementation.