General Magma

LEGO LotR - general discussion

^ I honestly don't see any haters here. :shrug_confused:

See the last line of post 4343 for my response. :wink:

EDIT: Wrong post #. Whoops.

Edited by BrickJagger

Yep I don't think we will get more sets and I am not a hater I would love more sets.

I think we should be happy about the new possibilities we get with Dimensions, but a new LotR is completely unrealistic at the moment. Maybe we're lucky and they are giving us a new LotR character in one of the funpacks, but that's it for now.

I know that there's still the Ideas Minas Tirith, which will be reviewed next month, and I would love to get it, but up to know they rejected all bigger sets, so I don't think there's a real chance that it will hit the shelves once

Edited by Balbo

Imagine if they released a Gondor Soldier or Witch King in one of the $15 "fun packs"

$15 For a piece of plastic!!! Most expensive minifig on release yet.

If there was to be a new LotR minifigure from Dimensions, I could see the Witch King. But if he were to have the iconic helmet, I suspect he would be in a $30 level pack with a fell beast minibuild and a Grond battling ram.

The only Dimensions set with a new mold was the hover board in the Back to the Future level pack. So it would be a $30 piece of plastic, but I would still buy it.

I don't see Minas Tirith passing IDEAS review, but with the continued interest, it could just be a regular Direct 2 Consumer set. There has to be more demand for it than a Simpson's Kwik E Mart. The level of participation in Dimensions shows the Lord of the Rings has not disappeared from TLG's radar.

If there was to be a new LotR minifigure from Dimensions, I could see the Witch King. But if he were to have the iconic helmet, I suspect he would be in a $30 level pack with a fell beast minibuild and a Grond battling ram.

A Grond battering ram seems kind of pointless without a Minas Tirith gate set to use it against..? I suspect the $30 set will be something like Gandalf vs a Balrog. If we DID get a Witch King it would have to have just the brick built Fel Beast. I think seeing a %15 Witch King with mini Fel Beast build more likely though.

Imagine if they released a Gondor Soldier or Witch King in one of the $15 "fun packs"

$15 For a piece of plastic!!! Most expensive minifig on release yet.

Not really, as you are buying the game part with the minifigure too. It's not really any different to buying a DVD or Blu-Ray for the minifigure only.

i'd be far more interested in Faramir

+1 Put Eowyn and Faramir in a team pack. Vehicles could be a horse and a trebuchet.

I think all the LEGO Middle-Earth fans here who aren't already following the separate LEGO Dimensions thread over in Culture & Multimedia (a terrible place for it, I know) might do well to do so. This new image just turned up over there:

1uIJChE.jpg

Wow, huh? Orcs, trolls and oliphaunts, plus Nindroids, robo-SWATs, Micro-managers and flying monkeys, all rolled into one big army o' LEGO bad guys. Of course a bunch will undoubtedly remain digital-only, but given the sheer weight of the presence of Middle-Earth material in the game, I can't help but wonder whether it might provide a little more physical material for the theme, beyond the three add-ons we know about and Gandalf in the base game.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

I think most people are simply hoping for something new to fill in the gaps left from the line. Faramir, the Witch King, Eowyn, a Gondor Soldier,etc. would probably warrant a purchase. I will not spring for Gimli, Legolas, Gollum, or Gandalf, because we already have them. Even if you alter the print ever so slightly to make it unique (ie ketchup stain Gimli, untucked shirt Legolas, Gollum with a 1mm smirk more than the previous one) etc, I still will not buy it.

Odd that a lot of the LotR stuff shown in the game is mostly stuff that hasn't been made as a set and is what fans have really been itching to get (Barad Dur, the Balrog, Oliphant)... Maybe we'll soon see Treebeard and some of the minifigs we've been in desperate need of, and with the tie-in to the game, Lego can justify more LotR sets. Why else have it so heavily featured? I mean this is just ridiculously close to getting a whole new Lego LotR game!

^^ This, I hope I can hold out if these turn up.

But

I WANT A OLIPHAUNT

Lego why do you keep showing us what we could have got?

If TLG Makes a Witch King and Gondor soldier and creates a D2C Minis Tirith, then they will have those 2 molds and if they decide to add a fell beast I think the only mold they would need is the head, which is possible, because they have a new mold for the Kwik-E-Mart (Snakes Head) an Oliphant and a Balrog would be great too, but just as I have my doubts about Minis Tirith happening, I think those 2 are even more unlikely (I'm trying not to be to hopeful seeing how bad TLG managed the Hobbit and LotR so far)

That poster is pretty awesome and gives me some hope, but the only thing that makes me question things are the flying monkeys. In the Wicked Witch fun pack the monkey is brick built, so why have ones that look completely different in the game? It's not like other fun packs where they are trying to reduce the size of something and fit it into a cheaper set? I can't really see Lego giving us minifigure flying monkeys and brick built ones all in the same line. This in turn makes me question if we will ever physically see an Oliphant and any other molded creatures in the game.

If they do make Gondor soldiers, I hope they don't use the one from the lego game. The gondor soldier really needs lego shoulder and/or leg armor pieces to look good.

Thanks for the awesome picture :wub:

It's great to see that LotR is featured so heavily in the game - so I think it increases our chances to get more funpacks with LotR characters...

If Lego were ever to release Mumakil like that in the $40-60 price range, I would easily buy 3 or 4. Of course knowing Lego they would load the set up with named characters. Legolas is a given. If they did a $60 Mumakil set with 3 Haradrim (one of which is the chief), a Rohan Soldier, and Legolas, I would be in heaven. Then just give us a brick built Balrog set with Gandalf and a Moria Orc or two, a Witch King (possibly a set with Fel Beast vs Eowyn?), and some "fun packs" with Sauron, Eowyn, Faramir, and Gondor Soldiers and I think pretty much everyone would have their wishes filled.

^ Yep we are missing very important things but we are not missing 100s of sets just one wave would do it if they did it right.

Edited by SMC

^ Yep we are missing very important things but we are not missing 100s of sets just one wave would do it if they did it right.

Agreed. It would only have to be 3-4 sets, too. For now, I think the Fun Packs will be all we get, but I hope they will pass NujuMetru's Minas Tirith. If not, maybe they'll release more Fun Packs with exclusive characters if these sell well.

EDIT: I'd rather a brick-built Oliphaunt. This one would never happen...

Edited by Master_Data

If Lego were ever to release Mumakil like that in the $40-60 price range, I would easily buy 3 or 4. Of course knowing Lego they would load the set up with named characters. Legolas is a given. If they did a $60 Mumakil set with 3 Haradrim (one of which is the chief), a Rohan Soldier, and Legolas, I would be in heaven. Then just give us a brick built Balrog set with Gandalf and a Moria Orc or two, a Witch King (possibly a set with Fel Beast vs Eowyn?), and some "fun packs" with Sauron, Eowyn, Faramir, and Gondor Soldiers and I think pretty much everyone would have their wishes filled.

Mumak should be atleast 60$ set really.... it needs 4 figs (minimum) 2 archers + chief and Legolas..... now if we would get a Rohan soldier (Eomer prolly) on horse with spear and shield, that would be amazing for armybuilding, but id be happy even without him.....

The problem is if there is a choice between brick built Balrog + Gandalf and 1(or2) moria orc (with new helmet) against battle pack of Gondor soldiers and orcs(4 orcs + Faramir(on horse in Gondor attire) and Gondor Soldier with new shield and spear), what would you pick :P :P :P

Id prolly pick Battle pack (90%)

Well tbh, the Mumak on poster looks amazing, I would not hate having it like that tbh....

Agreed. It would only have to be 3-4 sets, too. For now, I think the Fun Packs will be all we get, but I hope they will pass NujuMetru's Minas Tirith. If not, maybe they'll release more Fun Packs with exclusive characters if these sell well.

EDIT: I'd rather a brick-built Oliphaunt. This one would never happen...

I very much doubt any huge model from this franchise, such as that Minas Tirith project, is going to pass review (though I vote for these things anyway). But you never know.

I suspect the best chance of something like s large Minas Tirith project passing review would be if multiple such projects (two or three or more Minas Tiriths) all not only got 10000 votes, but did so in the same batch.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

Odd that a lot of the LotR stuff shown in the game is mostly stuff that hasn't been made as a set and is what fans have really been itching to get (Barad Dur, the Balrog, Oliphant)... Maybe we'll soon see Treebeard and some of the minifigs we've been in desperate need of, and with the tie-in to the game, Lego can justify more LotR sets. Why else have it so heavily featured? I mean this is just ridiculously close to getting a whole new Lego LotR game!

It might be heavily featured for this console system if the previous lego LOTR video games sold well. Although there is obviously some overlap between them, there are two distinct markets - the toys and the games.

Please no more LOTR sets. So sick of this series already, they keep dragging it on and on...

Sorry to offend any LOTR fans, its just my opinion is all :)

Please no more LOTR sets. So sick of this series already, they keep dragging it on and on...

They keep dragging it on and on...? We have only gotten 2 LotR waves, and now the Dimension stuff coming out over the course of 3 years. Sure there has been some Hobbit stuff as well, but I would hardly consider 1-2 waves a year, over a few years, with only 4 sets per most waves as "dragging it out". If anything Lego really went light. They could have easily had 2 LotR waves per year, and 5-7 sets per wave like they do other themes (Chima, Star Wars, etc.).

I understand it's your opinion and that you aren't a fan of the LotR stuff and I respect that, but I think your letting it make you a little bias.

Edited by Deathleech