Lego are not supposed to sell violent sets, yet star wars is violent, this indicates that legos holier than thou rules will bend where a lot of money in concerned.

When the competition started they refused some good entries on the grounds of copyright, this was the first indicator of something not quite right.

Then I seen a few entries that were completed and entered weeks before the competition opens, well ok how much head start did some people have?

If you had one eye and half a brain you could see that competition was more bent than a room full of Danes from Lego that are manufacturing votes for a Denmark entry.

AND lastly the are NO PRIZES not even a plastic medal for the winner, read legos rules, there ARE NO PRIZES, Lego takes all that hard work and makes lots of money and gives the winner nothing but a piece of paper that says you won.

Crazy should of won, his entry was far better than any other entry, including mine, and if you don't think companies like Lego are bent then you will when you get older and wiser, trust me that competition was rigged.

A lot of other people would a agree but wont because of certain forum moderaters who will not allow free speech.

Edited by Tox Laximus

Lego are not supposed to sell violent sets, yet star wars is violent, this indicates that legos holier than thou rules will bend where a lot of money in concerned.

When the competition started they refused some good entries on the grounds of copyright, this was the first indicator of something not quite right.

Then I seen a few entries that were completed and entered weeks before the competition opens, well ok how much head start did some people have?

If you had one eye and half a brain you could see that competition was more bent than a room full of Danes from Lego manufacturing votes for a Denmark entry.

AND lastly the are NO PRIZES not even a plastic medal for the winner, read legos rules, there ARE NO PRIZES, Lego takes all that hard work and makes lots of money and gives the winner nothing but a piece of paper that says you won.

Crazy should of won, his entry was far better than any other entry, including mine, and if you don't think companies like Lego are bent then you will when you get older and wiser, trust me that competition was rigged.

I don't even understand your point. The winning entry wasn't Danish, it was Russian. What do the prizes (or lack thereof) have to do with it? Everyone who entered knew the rules and weren't expecting a prize; the prize is having your model made by TLG.

I don't doubt that corporations are motivated by money, but smart ones are in it for the long term, and realise that there's more money to be made by improving customer relations through legitimate competitions such as this than they could possibly do by rigging it. In fact, I don't even understand how you're proposing they would make money from rigging it. If they didn't want the enforcer to win, why did they include it in the final 10?

No offence, but saying "trust me" like that makes you sound like one of those wacky 9/11 or moon landing conspiracy theorists.

And where is the violence here?

It's their competition. Their rules. They reserved the right to reject whatever they want. All participants agreed to those rules when they tried to enter the competition.

I did not see any entry in the gallery before the competition began. I have seen empty gallery. And also first few entries as they were added during first days. So which one was weeks ahead?

If you had one eye and half a brain you could see that competition was more bent than a room full of Danes from Lego that are manufacturing votes for a Denmark entry.

You are probably a few thousand kilometers far away.

Read the blog entry from the 7th of November 25th of September. You will see there that top 100 designers will get the winning set. That is much more prizes than just one huge prize for the winner. And that I consider much better.

Why? Because it was big? Or colorfull? Or why "should"? You remind me Frank Burns from M.A.S.H yelling to the pillow in the Margaret's tent when he was not promoted to be the commander of the M.A.S.H. "This is my M.A.S.H, mine, mine, mine...". And few millions of kids do it also on the floor.

Boss as a musle car in black is also not not my favourite design and color combination. And I am not complaining or yelling anywhere that some other entry should have won.

We could try a experiment, start a thread with voting and put the same 10 finalists in and leave it open for the same time lego did.

We had such thread here. It was opened when the oficial voting started. You can read also a discussion there.

Edited by hrontos

There is no mention of prizes on the 7th of November, read the rules, there are no prizes.

And I meant starting a vote on a forum that Lego has no control over.

Quite a few entered the competition with a completed entry weeks before it started which means that some people must of known about the competition at least a month beforehand as it would take 2-4 weeks to complete a entry.

Edited by Tox Laximus

There is no mention of prizes on the 7th of november, read the rules, there are no prizes.

My fault, wrong blog entry, read it here. And confirmed here.

Edited by hrontos

There is no mention of prizes on the 7th of november, read the rules, there are no prizes.

Use your both eyes and two half-brains:) and you will find information about prizes that was posted at 25th of september.

Edited by rm8

And I meant starting a vote on a forum that lego has no control over.

start your own topic or call it a day. this is not the right topic for it

and Lego has no control here

Edited by bb15080

And I meant starting a vote on a forum that lego has no control over.

Do you plan to organize it as elections? I mean, in case of any other public forum you will probably say that 10 thousand TLG employees signed to the forum just to ruin democratic winning of the enforcer.

Do you plan to organize it as elections? I mean, in case of any other public forum you will probably say that 10 thousand TLG employees signed to the forum just to ruin democratic winning of the enforcer.

I think, He mean that Lego web site adminstrators make a script that simulate voting process and this was an order from TLG management. right? There is no need for TLG employees to sign in:)

Edited by rm8

The log head truck should of got more votes than it did, that was really quite good.

1. Police Cruiser

2. Log Head

3. Quad Bike

Thats sould of been the order, if you dont think so then your brain is too melted from using iphones.

Edited by Tox Laximus

It wasn't that good, if it was it would have won the contest. The Boss and ATV were the two best designed sets overall. While the enforcer was nice it was fairly large part count wise and lack of a brickbuilt model and nice youtube videos demonstrating it probably hurt it in the end.

The better set won, it had a realistic part count, actual playability as it was demonstrated with youtube videos of it built. Muscle cars are awesome and the votes reflected on how great it is and the fact that lego is building it.

You might want to direct your energies elsewhere as the final vote is done, the people decided that the boss was better than the 9 other final contestants. If you really disagree, bricklink all the parts create it , upload your own youtube videos showing us how wrong we are that it is actually playable with its part count and encourage other people to do the same.

Thats sould of been the order, if you dont think so then your brain is too melted from using iphones.

I would recommend not to be so offensive.

Many people will tell you that log head top looks good. But loghead top on the 9398 looks like it simply does not belong there. It is simply just not well designed for that chassis.

If only there were some empirical way in which we could determine which one out of a set of, lets say 10 different models, is most favoured by the community, then we wouldn't need to have these hypothetical arguments over which one "should of" won...

Why do you call this a contest when the top 10 were hand picked, if this was a competition then votes would of chosen the winner.

And who did? There were two weeks for voting. Is it really so important if the entry is rejected immediately or there is some first round to see also opinions of the people before rejecting some entry?

They simply cannot and will not produce some entries just because they have many votes. According to votes Zblj's tracker should win, but it did not even comply with the rules.

During the competition Lego let far too many entries though that did not meet the requirements, this made the good stuff hard to see amongst all the rubbish, they should of cleaned out the rubbish and voted on what was left.

That the only way to be fair, and votes should of been compiled by a independent site.

Edited by Tox Laximus

Why do you call this a contest when the top 10 were hand picked, if this was a competition then votes would of chosen the winner.

Maybe your "melted brain" should understand it was lego's contest so they get to chose which sets for the final 10 were picked then left it to votes. They then chose the one that had the most votes but they could of decided while this model had the most votes our analysts say its sales wont justify being made so we went with this other choice instead. Instead you come here complaining that lego rigged it, that anyone who doesn't agree with you has a "melted brain"

The one you liked lost, get over it and move on and maybe find some professional help to deal with the issues you seem to have over a lego contest.

Maybe you should stop insulting me, moose head.

I got into the top 100 so I'll be the proud owner of a multicolour monstrosity on wheels :tongue:

HAHA, I won a free car, you have nothing :tongue:

You came here , insulted anyone who didn't vote the way you liked, accused lego of rigging the contest and now want people to be nice to you?

the man least likely to show respect is the first to ask for it.

@ Tox Laximus: Keep it up -- I predict you'll get "Banned" from Eurobricks quickly.

I got into the top 100 so I'll be the proud owner of a multicolour monstrosity on wheels :tongue:

HAHA, I won a free car, you have nothing :tongue:

http://technic.us.lego.com/en-US/Creations/Details/Default.aspx?projectid=0bea2270-abe4-486d-bcf2-981e8b9a92b0&sort=oldest&index=1

Is it your entry?

Unbelievable... I talk to 12 year old kids from various parts of the world who act much more mature than this...

Edited by Paul Boratko

Unbelievable... I talk to 12 year old kids from various parts of the world who act much more mature than this...

Welcome to the internet :classic: