Amset-Rah

Single Pane Action Theme Funnies

I hate explaining jokes, but I think that one might need some clarification: A lot of Lego's action themes involve collecting a multitude of MacGruffins for some arbitrary reason (Monster Fighters moonstones powering a device to block the sun, Atlantis treasure keys to open the portal to Atlantis, the several MacGruffins Ninjago used like the snake staffs, fang blades, golden weapons, etc.) I tried making it look like an AA meeting with your generic counselor and such.

I hate explaining jokes, but I think that one might need some clarification: A lot of Lego's action themes involve collecting a multitude of MacGruffins for some arbitrary reason

<nitpick>That would be MacGuffins. :wink:</nitpick>

Edited by Haltiamieli

You guys are really trying to milk that tequila joke, huh? :sceptic: Although I have to admit, that's a very nice MOC. :thumbup:

If you know your TV Tropes, this one should hit you immediately.

Bwahaha! A treasure hunters self-help group! Brilliant! :laugh_hard: I also have a funny regarding the Atlantis keys:

8446096820_f6542d74bc_z.jpg

And have you ever wondered why there are dinosaurs in modern times in the Dino theme? Well, looking at a certain minifigure, I think I found an explanation:

8446096330_5060694d70_z.jpg

Because, you know, he enjoyed it so much the first time. :tongue:

The following are pretty old as I posted them in another thread, but I guess it couldn't hurt to repost them here.

5521432383_9d93b576b2_z.jpg

Old School by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

7190085912_d510bae220_z.jpg

Rivaling Agencies by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

7007034818_53bbdcb128_z.jpg

Diamonds are Lego's Best Friend by Oky - Space Ranger, on Flickr

Glad you liked the latest funny, man. Your lot is pretty funny as well. Never thought that dino hunter fig resembled Chuck Norris (Although that Obi Wan minifig...)

I am loving some of Oky's funnies that he has contributed, especially the Chuck Norris one. Of course, everyone else makes good funnies but Oky has proven across several threads like this that he is the master at the funnies, and this group is just as good as the rest.

Edited by Star Wars NutJob 69

IDK, I think everyone who contributed in this thread so far has done a sterling job, Oky included. We had the Chima pet, Tequila, the treasure hunters support group, etc.

Edited by Amset-Rah

I'm flattered, guys, but this is not a contest. Everyone is doing a great job at these funnies! :classic:

And yeah, I guess Obi-Wan does look more like Chuck than this guy. :laugh: Still, with that hat, he's pretty close.

IDK, I think everyone who contributed in this thread so far has done a sterling job, Oky included. We had the Chima pet, Tequila, the treasure hunters support group, etc.

Apparently you misunderstood my previous post. I never said that I didn't think that everyone else was making good funnies, because everyone here has, as you say, made very good funnies. What I said was that I think that Oky has made the best so far.

I apologise if this comes across as rude as that is not what I am trying to be.

Apparently you misunderstood my previous post. I never said that I didn't think that everyone else was making good funnies, because everyone here has, as you say, made very good funnies. What I said was that I think that Oky has made the best so far.

I apologise if this comes across as rude as that is not what I am trying to be.

Oh no harm done, my friend. Just giving credit where credit's due. I have a few more on the way, but priorities demand my attention first.

Very nice funnies everyone.

I have had a brainwave of ideas lately. Here they are;

icy_hero.jpg

dragon.jpg

boosters.jpg

batmobile.jpg

And some more Atlantis;

portal.jpg

Comments are welcome :wink:

Making fun of the Lego designs I see. They are quite funny. I should look into contributing here more.

Edited by Penkid11

Nooooo! I thought of Moves like Cragger, but I don't have Cragger! Ah well, I can still make an actual parody.

Edited by Devorath