Peppermint_M

Action Themes Building Drive - Secret Agents!

gallery_4757_182_68801.png

The world has survived but the nefarious hands (or hooks. claws and other substitute limbs) of evil are still clutching at treasures, scientific discoveries and the earth itself!

But right around the corner super spies and secret agents are prepared to foil their plans!

Welcome once again to an Action Themes building drive :classic:

Your mission if you choose to accept it:

Build those heroic secret operatives or mad bad goons need your help.

The challenge is simple, they need vehicles!

Super stylish sports cars for the suave superstar spy.

Command trucks for a field team.

Well disguised surveillance vans, getaway vehicles or clever ways to sneak into the HQs of the good and bad.

So, build one, build many just build build build!

It doesn't have to be Alpha Team, Agents or their respective baddies, so long as they fit the spy tropes.

You have until the 25th of January.

Good luck operatives!

(This message may or may not self destruct.)

So:

Post a link to a MOC thread in this thread. Any and all entries can be tagged/named Building Drive.

You can build as many entries as you like.

There are two tags up for grabs: The best Hero vehicle and the best Villian vehicle will be awarded.

So long as you link the MOC thread here you will be entered into judging.

LDD is permitted as are aftermarket parts and custom stickers.

Looks jolly good fun! I'll have to get in on this. I also echo the "Permission to use LDD, sir?" posed by obsidianheart.

While I do personally prefer physical building bricks. LDD is permissable, but remember, Judges judge it.

Another great contest! In spite of the tight timeline, I want to join!!

By the way, where do we post our entries?

If to be done in a new thread, is there a Prefix to our thread title?

Thanks!

Well, now I'm really glad I got the Winter Village out of the way so early... I'll do my best to enter this (maybe tie it in with that "the world didn't end after all build"?) but I have two uncompleted projects sitting on my desk so I'm afraid those will have to be finished first...

Right here are some clarifications:

Post a link to a MOC thread in this thread. Any and all entries can be tagged/named Building Drive.

You can build as many entries as you like.

There are two tags up for grabs: The best Hero vehicle and the best Villian vehicle will be awarded.

So long as you link the MOC thread here you will be entered into judging.

I'll add some stuff from here into the first post later.

Uhh... any entries? No? Ah well. If LDD is allowed then I might start working on something.

And trust me, it will make you laugh.

Note: You may or may not laugh depending on what you know about the internet and your sense of humour

Not going to lie, I have a lot (30+) of Agents MOCs in various stages in real life and on LDD, but for this contest, I think I'll build something new. Something I've been sketching at work recently. Something villainous.

This looks fun--plus I'm in love with James Bond Lego, so anything spy related is great! I've got a question though, are we limited to just like land/car vehicles? It says "they" need vehicles and such but the only example ones are land based cars and trucks--are we only allowed to makes car vehicles or can we make other things too?

Sweet! I'm not known for my ability to make things with wheels look good, so that will be helpful!

What with this being Judging over Voting you can take any sort of risks and liberties with the build as you like. We are fair and balanced when judging but it also means stringent rules and regulations do not need to be in place to ensure voting goes off without a hitch.

These building drives are about expanding you imagination into the more varied Action Themes. While SciFi has certain tropes and cliches that allow regular contributions Action is less defined and that makes MOCs a little less forthcoming.

There will be many more subtheme buildign drives here in Action this year and many more tags to be won!

Where are all the entries? If I don't see one soon, I'm going to feel compelled to photograph and upload the rather awkward-looking spy truck I built and I don't think anyone here wants to see that!

Where are all the entries? If I don't see one soon, I'm going to feel compelled to photograph and upload the rather awkward-looking spy truck I built and I don't think anyone here wants to see that!

I want to see it! I'll be posting some stuff tonight, but yeah...kind of quite here. Maybe spies just don't like to show their faces in public.

]

Working on mine. We'll see if I get it done. I may need to order a part or twelve.

Oooh, might actually enter this one, I'm on LDD a lot.

Does it have to be a vehicle? I was thinking of making a set or two, one including an event at a building including aerial vehicle.

-Sci