CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

@Basteq

Maybe you didn't notice that someone has already opened it.

Anyway in two boxes there are 12 Roman officers, you could have missed one.

Look for example at this post.

Dervish bought 3 boxes and all the boxes have the same content.

Some other sealed boxes had only 1 or 2 roman soldiers. In some, the most common were painters in others mechanic...

I agree with Basteq on this one, at least as far as the Target boxes of 120 are concerned. I've been through 8 of them, all opened right there in front of me, and the distribution varies. Take Medusa for example - some of the boxes had only two Medusas, some had three, but none of them had more than four. And she's the easiest to identify.

- MJ

This is most strange. I have found exaclty the amount that Fangy wrote and I went to at least 10 boxes. Yes, this is a small number, but neither one time I found a minifig that didn't fall into Fangy numbers.

Since I haven't found series 10 around me yet, I ordered some from S@H. Out of the 14 I ordered (I would assume random picking from the factory/warehouse), I received 9/16 of the set. So not too bad considering. However, I didn't get the main figures I wanted, so that was disappointing. I did receive 3 sad clowns and 2 grandpas and 2 paintballers and an extra tomahawk warrior rounding out the 14. I received Medusa, Paintballer, Librarian, Grandpa, Sad clown, Tomahawk warrior, baseball player, painter, and skydiver. The figuers I wanted the most were Roman, Revolutionary Soldier, Bumblebee girl, and Amazon warrior. I would gladly take a Mr. Gold, but I wasn't seeking him originally. I just found the numbers interesting. My daughter did really like Medusa and the painter, so I will have to try to find extra copies for myself since she has those in her collection now. I thought I would be nice and give her first dibs.

I was actually not as impressed with the Tomahawk warrior as I had hoped to be. I did get 2, as I originally wanted to do a small army build of him, but I'm not too impressed unfortunately. I wonder if my initial thoughts will change with the other figures once I have them in my hand.

This is most strange. I have found exaclty the amount that Fangy wrote and I went to at least 10 boxes. Yes, this is a small number, but neither one time I found a minifig that didn't fall into Fangy numbers.

But are you speaking about the regular 60-pack box that Fangy received? I am only speaking about the 120-pack box that Target gets.

- MJ

@MicroJow

I'm speaking about the 60 minifigures box too.

I've head about the 120 minifigures box here in this topic for the first time. Where are they available?

Friend picked up a Sad Clown for me. Love the figure! I can now add him to my Have list below!

-Sci

@MicroJow

I'm speaking about the 60 minifigures box too.

I've head about the 120 minifigures box here in this topic for the first time. Where are they available?

@Calabar

At Target. Not sure if they have Targets in Italy... never saw any when I was there. Then again, I was out in Sulmona, far from the big cities.

- MJ

@Calabar

At Target. Not sure if they have Targets in Italy... never saw any when I was there. Then again, I was out in Sulmona, far from the big cities.

- MJ

Target is only in the U.S. and Canada, and Canada is only just recently.

I've seen the 120 count boxes at Walmart as well. I haven't seen them for S10 yet but the one by me had a few of them from each series after 6 or 7 I think.

Irrelevant, but funny! I do think the Zombie minifigures LEGO made cause a mini-revolution in the style of fan's creations and play, I will be going to Target today. I will not anticipate anything, but if the unbelievably awesome occurs, I'll tell you!

@Calabar

- MJ

Could someone please take a picture of the 120 count boxes, because I haven't seen them around in the UK.

Um, apparently a comment I typed didn't sumbit.

I hit up a Walmart, a TRU, and a Target in the same area yesterday, and the Target was the only place with S10s, and that was picked-over. I got a Grandpa, though. I saw a man in the aisle with a little boy (6, 7, or 8 years old).

MAN: Have you found that Mr. Gold yet?

ME: Um, no. I haven't.

MAN: Do you know the code on the bag?

ME: Well, there was a picture published, but everyone said that it wasn't him, so I just feel the bags.

MAN: Oh, well he (gestures to little boy, who must be his son) has a Mr. Gold, so I have a picture of the bump code I can show you. (pulls out phone and shows me picture, very similar, if not the same as the one published on Brickset).

ME: Oh, that's cool. Thanks!

MAN: (walks down aisle away from me) Good luck!

ME: Thank you!

It's nice to know that there are some helpful people in this world. He didn't seem like the put-it-on-eBay type, and he was trying to help me. I actually believe that it is his son who has Mr. Gold, not the man. He just didn't seem like the type.

Edited by 8BrickMario

The box packout seems odd this time around. My dad picked up 38 packs for me and out of those I ended up short 3 minifigures (grandpa, Medusa, Librarian. I had over 6 Roman soliders and 6 Bikers.

I go to my closest target and they had the 120 case. They pulled it fresh from the back I spent an hour feeling up packages and completed my set. Out of 120 though there were only 2 Medusa figures.

This past Saturday I went to 2 targets and 1 toys r us. At the first target they had the 120 pack but it was picked through and only about 16 left. I felt them and found no Mr. Gold.

I go to the 2nd target and they had 2 120 pack cases out. Since I was only look for Mr. Gold I was able to go through them in less than a hour. I felt through the first box and no Mr. Gold. I down to the 12th pocket on the box and thought I was imaging things but I found a Mr. Gold. I felt the rest just to see what they were. I checked TRU which had about 18 packs and found nothing special.

I am totally shocked that I found a Mr. Gold. Now I feel my set is complete.

In my head he is. He comes in series 10 boxes he is the hidden 17th figure of the set.

Yeah I don't count Mr. Gold as part of the set personally. I realize some people do and I feel bad for the people who won't "complete" their sets then.

Either way, I've been asked multiple times lately if I have found or if I am looking for Mr. Gold. I flat out tell them no, I have no interest. They all seem shocked. Best of luck to them finding it, but I personally want the Bumblebee Girl more than Mr. Gold.

I would have been happy with the set without Mr. Gold. However I am excited I found one. I actually figured I had slim to no chance of finding one in my state. Looking at the Mr. Gold tracking there have been none reported anywhere close to me. To be honest I really wish Lego would not do this sort of thing. I find it annoying and it just screams for scalpers to pick over the product. I rank it right up with Con exclusives. When you look at how many lego collectors there are adult and child, exclusives that are super hard to get are just a slap in the loyal customers face. It sickens me to see how much Mr. Gold fetches on ebay in most cases as much as 25,000% profit (based off 2.99 cost.)

^^ Agreed. I am looking for him, but I won't be absolutely devastated if I don't get him, and by no means am I a completionist, as I am missing quite a few CMFs. The Bumblebee Girl was a bit of a disappointment to me, as the physical face looks weird, as opposed to the render. Maybe it's just me.

I like her for the furry party. Bumblebee Girl, Sad Clown Trendsetter (only for the Chihuahua) and Paintballer are my favorites from the series.

I finally was able to get down to the "local" LEGO store (if you can call 2 hours away local) and went through every dadgum series 10 pack they had, and didn't find ONE Sea Captain or Medusa... IMO, they have entirely too many baseball catchers, sad clowns and motorcycle mechanics in this series (seriously, like every other fig that I felt was a motorcycle mechanic and every third was either a sad clown or baseball catcher). On the plus side, there were also a TON of Revolutionary War soldiers, so I was able to get a decent amount of blue coats (6 out of the 8 I ended up buying.... I could have had a lot more, but I wanted to leave some for other people)... Of the remaining ones, I did get a Sky diver (if you ditched his helmet and parachute, replaced his hip joint with a dark bley one and gave him a medium azure space helmet, he'd be fit right in with the ADU forces, and I happen to have an extra ADU helmet) and a Tomahawk warrior... If they ever get these in at the local Voldemart or Target, I might also be interested in picking up a few Amazons, Roman Centurions and some more Tomahawk warriors, but aside from those and the Medusa and Sea Captain, this series is pretty much a miss for me...

I love your name for "retailer-that-shall-not-be-named!" Is it Wal, or K? (mart).

Someone else mentioned the Skydiver's use as an ADU paratrooper earlier...