CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 10 Discussion

I have a hard time believing in this "Golden Minifigure" I think it would be OK for Series 10, but apparently if I read correctly it's being done in Series 11 too. That doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I do think, though, that it is certainly a possibility. I just don't believe it very strongly. Besides, wouldn't that mess up the distribution?

I would think they are doing it for reaching series 10 and that being the "golden" series, they are incorporating a golden figure. I would think it seems odd to do, but it gives some people the idea they have to buy more to hopefully get this gold figure. The problem is someone buying it randomly wanting one of the other figures and end up with a gold version that they can't use or don't want and then have to find another regular version. I'm sure it will be rarer than one per box though. Which then will escalate the price in the aftermarket of course. I don't care to own one from this initial news.

I *@!?%!* hate chase figures. It's bad enough that the minifigures are blind packaged without giving scalpers added incentive to buy up boxes and boxes of them. I'm not even interested in gimmick items like gold or chromed or limited edition. This sort of thing drove me away from action figure collecting. I really don't want to see Lego go down this road.

Are we missing something potentially obvious here? The Centurion so far has no obvious accessories, but... take that seagull, render it in gold/silver, stick it on top of a tall pole...

... you got yourself an SPQR standard right there.

Are we missing something potentially obvious here? The Centurion so far has no obvious accessories, but... take that seagull, render it in gold/silver, stick it on top of a tall pole...

... you got yourself an SPQR standard right there.

I presume that the original leak included all the new parts and colourings from this series. It would be strange if Centurion's accessory would be missing, when all else seems to be accounted for. As such it seems more probable to me that the Centurion will just have the gladius or the spear, or something else from the current parts catalogue.

Golden Minifigure? Somehow I find that very unlikely, but if the list is true I will definitly try to get as many Centurions and Warrior Women (def one of the best CMFs so far) as I can find..

Golden Minifigure? Somehow I find that very unlikely

It's guaranteed. The information is coming from TLG via a toy expo. There's still just spotty information on the exact details (what it is exactly, how many per box(es) etc.)

Let's just hope it's a "normal" (one of the sixteen) minifig with a lot of gold parts.

Let's just hope it's a "normal" (one of the sixteen) minifig with a lot of gold parts.

I, on the other hand, would prefer a plain gold fig. But thats all moot, if there will only be 5000 of them, as fbtb states.

And I'm shocked that this wasn't posted yet:

Thanks! So new-ish information in this picture are: Revolution Soldier has a musket and Paintball Player has "snow goggles" attached to his helmet. Baseball Fielder has a cap, but with what picture? Motorcycle Mechanic (on the right) has maybe a red bandana on his head? Warrior Woman has the spear and Tomahawk Warrior has the tomahawk, as expected (but reversed in some spec pics). Medusa's leg piece doesn't show in the big picture, but I don't notice any big snakey tail pieces among the actual figs. So probably normal legs for her.

It's guaranteed. The information is coming from TLG via a toy expo. There's still just spotty information on the exact details (what it is exactly, how many per box(es) etc.)

Lucky I only collect the ones i want, hope it's not gold colored versions of the normal series 10 figures as you can't feel for colour XD, I for one prefers the normal print

Grandpa is holding a mug with something printed on it by the look of it. World's best Grandpa?

8410190413_586212e6a9_o.jpg

I'm shocked that this hasn't been posted in this thread. It is a Series 10 minifigure after all. Instead it was posted in the Series 11 topic :wacko: .

Mph. Perhaps not ideal for a Spaceballs helmet then. Ah well.

I buy a box now, as I don't have time to get all the ones I want standing in the LEGO store and feeling up packets. Given that, I'm really disappointed at the new distribution in series 9, and hope they don't presume to know what people will want. From my perspective, they got some of them right, but some of them wrong. They shouldn't try to out guess us; if they did some kind of target audience market research to come up with the ratios, I'd like to hear about it.

The Bee Girl looks awesome.

If there's a gold figure in each box, that'd be fine with me, as it guarantees I'll get one, and I think at that rate that most AFOLs will be able to get one. If they just throw out "X" number of them randomly, then I'm not happy. With all the tens of thousands of dollars I spent on LEGO in the past decade, and I've never gotten a single one of these "chasers," it's kind of annoying.

Of course, this will fall on deaf ears at TLG - the simple fact is that doing things like that increases sales. Period. We can whine and complain all we want, but it works, and we will keep buying.

Grandpa is holding a mug with something printed on it by the look of it. World's best Grandpa?

Good observation, there's a mug for sure. Not the most exciting accessory imaginable, but will do. I think "world's best grandpa" is a bit too long text to fit there though.

If there's a gold figure in each box, that'd be fine with me, as it guarantees I'll get one, and I think at that rate that most AFOLs will be able to get one. If they just throw out "X" number of them randomly, then I'm not happy. With all the tens of thousands of dollars I spent on LEGO in the past decade, and I've never gotten a single one of these "chasers," it's kind of annoying.

Of course, this will fall on deaf ears at TLG - the simple fact is that doing things like that increases sales. Period. We can whine and complain all we want, but it works, and we will keep buying.

That pretty much sums it up. By the way, there are to be only 5000 gold figures worldwide, so that's got to be way less than one per box.

Um this Golden fig is nonsense. It takes me long enough to feel all the bags for 16 individual figures, now I gotta feel for some Gold Figure! Oh Lordy!

You are not going out of your way to look for the 'gold' figure, if you are lucky you might come across the gold figure while feeling for other figures

That pretty much sums it up. By the way, there are to be only 5000 gold figures worldwide, so that's got to be way less than one per box.

Sorry I don't want to be rude, but... just here, in Rome, I perceive about 1000 boxes of minifigures.

I believe TLG will product no less than 500.000 boxes.

So I believe that we will se ONE per HUNDRED boxes.

Well, I guess that confirms the Medusa fig. Sadly this series seems to lack any sci-fi figs.

I read somewhere that theres 5000 gold figures in total. Dunno where but it was in one of the toy fair reports.

Here's where people are getting the number 5000 from. Sorry if it was posted earlier.

8409006389_d1240b1cf9_n.jpg

From Ultron32's flickr photostream.

Edited by Sid Sidious