CM4Sci

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 11 Rumours & Discussion

What?! :cry_sad:

Anywho, I just noticed the Waitress has no sleeves. Looks really weird. Same thing with the Intergalactic Girl from S6.

-Sci

As I'm sure not all Mr. Golds were found, it wouldn't surprise me that they would want to put him in the next series. WIth that said, I highly doubt he would be included only because there isn't any press for him again. And Mr Gold doesn't really equal Mr Green.

However, I guess TLG will be sitting on a lot of Mr Golds if they weren't all found, meaning the figure will probably be rarer in the long run.

And that stinks that it is August 1st elsewhere and it seems September 1st in the states since they weren't up on the website earlier today.

There are still 3,300 Mr. Gold's left.

As stupid as I may sound, where can boxes of CMF's be bought at? I'm planning to get a Series 11 box eventually, but I have no idea where to buy it at.

Would someone mind to answer this for me?

There are still 3,300 Mr. Gold's left.

Those are the ones registered. But there are many not registered, like mine.

Would someone mind to answer this for me?

In the US, there's plenty of online retailers. But, if you want one not from online, then you'd have to buy a full box at Toy"R"Us. It's the only place they have boxes and not displays right now. :look:

In the US, there's plenty of online retailers. But, if you want one not from online, then you'd have to buy a full box at Toy"R"Us. It's the only place they have boxes and not displays right now. :look:

I was trying to find a box of 30 online. I can't seem to find one.

Anywho, I just noticed the Waitress has no sleeves. Looks really weird.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Not too familiar with rollerskate waitress dress culture but I'm sure she would look better with sleeves.

So who picked up some of the series today? I was able to get, Yeti, Constable, Grandma, Lady Robot, Holiday Elf, Scarecrow and Gingerbread man. from these, the Yeti is my favourite!

You'd better left a few for me, young man! :D I want my Yeti! *checks watch every minute and waits to clock off for the weekend*

Where did you get them btw? The Lego store or anywhere else?

Edited by Miss Kyle

You'd better left a few for me, young man! :D I want my Yeti! *checks watch every minute and waits to clock off for the weekend*

Where did you get them btw? The Lego store or anywhere else?

Pasing Brand Store! where I will meet you on saturday............ :wink:

Added HR official images to first post!

But be warned some are huge with 10000.pxl

I will upload the pictures for the individual figs later today!

Enjoy! :classic: :classic: :classic:

I heard from LEGO Message boards that Series 11 will be out on August 10-11, 2013 in USA. Maybe its only for Toys R Us and Fred Meyers.

I heard from LEGO Message boards that Series 11 will be out on August 10-11, 2013 in USA. Maybe its only for Toys R Us and Fred Meyers.

It's the LMBs. Can't be sure. Until then, I'm really excited for this series!

-Sci

This is not about just series 11, but all of them:

I've modified several CGI pictures of CMF minifigs so that they have a transparent background. It can be useful for making collages/wallpapers.

They can be found here. Thanks for grogall for the original pictures.

P.S.: As I seee the transparency works only on the original pictures, not on the resized ones.

Edited by Yooha

Every series I like to get my favorites a little early. This time I ordered Gingerbread Man, Yeti and Barbarian from Europe. Can't wait!

Nice choices! I so wanna order my Bavarian Girl figure off of Bricklink, but she's going for $15ish. :wacko::grin:

Nice choices! I so wanna order my Bavarian Girl figure off of Bricklink, but she's going for $15ish. :wacko::grin:

You can get that, can't you? :tongue:

-Sci

You can get that, can't you? :tongue:

-Sci

I almost got it. However I decided that the Gingerbread Man and Yeti were cooler, so I got those instead. I'll probably get it next though.

Edited by bekindsorewind

Alright, so I'm not sure where to post this, but I was hoping for some help. And if it makes this post marginally relevant: I'm guessing all the Mr. Golds would have had to be packaged in Series 10 packs and would have shipped. If unsold Series 10 packs return to Lego (if, for example, certain retailers have resale contracts, etc.) then MAYBE Lego would identify them and repackage them in Series 11, but I highly doubt it.

I do, however, have a bit of a personal problem with the Mr. Golds. While I never cared about them when I was buying Series 10, I actually managed to find one. Completely by chance, I grabbed a singe bag from a half-filled box in a local TRU and, after feeling it out, realized it was a Mr. Gold. I have mixed feelings about my options and was hoping for some advice.

First, let me say that although I left my dark ages a few years ago, I'm not exactly avid as an AFOL. I'm married, and have a two year old girl, so I'm not exactly looking to spend hundreds of dollars a month. Yet one of the products I do continue to buy are the CMFs. I was buying a handful from each series at first, and then the wife decided she liked the idea of having them all, so at this point, I have them all (except the British Olympic ones which we decided don't count).

So now I have a Mr. Gold and am forced to reflect on my relationship to Legos (yes, I will always call them Legos and not Lego -- I grew up this way and I'm not changing it. Connecting to our childhoods is part of the point...right?) Anyway...I opened the gold bag but not the clear bag, and obviously have a few options. Since I have every CMF so far, it's nice to think that I could just open it, enjoy the fact that I was lucky enough to find one, put it on a shelf with the others, and pass a complete collection on to my daughter/kids someday. I could sell it immediately. Or I could hang on to it a bit, hope it appreciates, and sell it later.

Let me be clear: I hate the commercialization of this product. I hate that I'm missing the Cafe Corner from my Modulars street because it's in the thousands on Bricklink. Mostly, I hate what corporate delusions Lego have had lately thinking that collectibility is why so many of us loved their products to begin with...Mr. Gold and Azog and convention exclusives, etc., but also whole-cloth pandering like Ninjago and Chima and, yep, Star Wars. I remember the age when I was excited for a new space line to come out because I wanted to build a rocket and design robots and explore planets that only existed in my head. Or build a castle wall that would only be breached if I had enough pieces to build a siege tower tall enough. My play with Legos gave me a great gift as a child that I remain unable to repay: it catalyzed my love of space and science and history. That's why I call them Legos and why I hate the little bag of golden plastic on my shelf.

So yeah, I've gotten back into Legos and my wallet's never been the same (thanks Vikings..). And I have collected a few things..for enjoyment, for the fun of sharing this part of my childhood with my wife and daughter (It's amazing how much better the set ideas are for Duplo...and I love that I could give her my old red Duplo bunny sack). And I will inevitably buy Series 11 too...who wouldn't want the Tiki warrior? But how do I justify keeping my Mr. Gold? It's a couple of inches of plastic. It's also a possible two car payments, or a down payment on a vacation, or a nice bump in my daughter's college fund. Not to mention the fact that I have no idea how to sell it. I've used Bricklink to buy a few things, but have never sold on ebay. I'm sure someone would buy it if I posted it, though I guess not having a seller's history would hurt a bit. I know some people have donated theirs, or aunctioned it for charity, so maybe that's an option.

In any event, I'm disappointed with the company that's always meant so much. I'm happy, of course, that they're successful. I just wish they still made ads like the vintage one I saw posted several weeks ago: a smiling young girl holding an awkwardly built Lego model and the words "What it is is beautiful." Seeing the old ad again made me so happy to remember the real value of these toys, to think about what they mean to my little girl when her Duplo towers are as tall as she is and she laughs the way only children can. Whatever Mr. Gold is worth, and whatever it's ultimate fate, it'll never be worth as much as the lunar baseplates I called home so many years ago, or the final block on my daughter's beautiful Duplo towers.

^Yeah I know. I guess I had read a debate above about whether Mr. Gold would be in series 11 and just put it all in one post. Sorry, it was my second posting on here in three years.

Hey Ratjag -- great post, lots of interesting points to digest.

Mostly, I hate what corporate delusions Lego have had lately thinking that collectibility is why so many of us loved their products to begin with

I agree with what you're saying, but I don't think it's as bad all that. TLC has definitely expanded into the "collectible" toy market in the last 15 years, but I don't think it's taken over their entire product line (yet).

For those interested Brick Fanatics are holding a worldwide CMF Postcard Diorama Contest with winner getting a full set of Series 11.

Here is blub

With over 10 series since 2010 the LEGO Collectable Minifigures have have been a busy bunch, so as they make way for the new crew of Series 11, they’re heading off on their holidays. To celebrate the upcoming release of Series 11 we’ve teamed up with our friends at The Minifigures Store to offer you a chance to win a full set of Series 11 CMF Minifigures, plus runners up prizes.

All you need to do is create a diorama that captures any of the Minifigures from Series 1-10 (plus the Team GB Olympic ones), enjoying their time off on their holidays. Maybe they have gone back home, having a chill on the beach or visiting a famous monument. Let your creative juices flow and build an 8×16 postcard scene, then upload your creation to our special contest Flickr group. You have until September 1st to get your Collectible Minifigures Postcard Diorama complete. Full rules can be found below.

Rules here http://brickfanatics...iorama-contest/

That looks really fun! Unfortunately, I can not enter, as I am really bad when it comes to building. :laugh:

-Sci