sgtbernalcl25

Lego Mirkwood Elf Guardian Polybag @ Toys R us

Came back from my local TRU just now and they still do not have the polybags or any Hobbit sets! I used my normal routine asking any employee I can find to cross reference but they said the same thing as yesterday. New truck needs to be unloaded and checked into inventory. They said check in at 9am the truck will be finished. They carry the lego polybags only behind the register so yesterday the guy checked all the registers and nothing. Today same thing. My TRU is sooo slow but apparently the entire Tampa Bay area is slow to get items because no Wal-mart, Kmart or even Target have any Hobbit legos.

I even told the Manager of TRU I was afraid of scalpers taking all the polybags but apparently I have been the only one to ask yet and I've been persistent lol.

That's the thing with truck days - even if you do get there at opening the entire contents of the truck may not have been put out yet. I've walked into TRUs first thing and have found cases of figures and whatnot just laying on the floor close to the areas where their to be stocked because workers haven't put them up yet. Of course, at that point I just dive into the cases myself. I'd also recommend checking the overhead shelves - the TRUs around here are stacking Lego cases up there with prices showing. If you see a box with $4.99 on the side, chances are it's a polybag and might be the Mirkwood Elf.

For those who ordered the polybag through TRU, I received my ordered in the mail today.

Also picked up the Mirkwood spider set earlier today so they will go well together!

I am hiding a series of posts which discusses stealing Elrond figures. Do not discuss how to steal LEGO anywhere on the forum.

What are we going to do with all the extra mushroom we are getting in these sets!

You can never have enough mushys for MOC's in my opinion. You got spares send them this way :wub::laugh:

I am hiding a series of posts which discusses stealing Elrond figures. Do not discuss how to steal LEGO anywhere on the forum.

Well done mate, it is not ok to post how to steal LEGO or anything on this forum, take it elsewhere or better yet, don't go down that path.

The international shipping still doesn't work :hmpf_bad: But I'm glad it's back online :thumbup: Sent them an e-mail to ask how to solve the problem.

The international shipping still doesn't work :hmpf_bad: But I'm glad it's back online :thumbup: Sent them an e-mail to ask how to solve the problem.

I have tried adding 5 polybags to my shopping cart but nothing happens. Is this the same thing that happened to you? I hope they fix this, I'd love to get a few.

I just bought the 5 polybags with the pick up in store option. Due to the BOGO I added a Series 7 Minifigure for $1.59. This ends my haunting Toys R Us during lunch like I have done for the last couple of weeks.

What are we going to do with all the extra mushroom we are getting in these sets!

mushroom farms? do I sense a mini build challenge for Avalonia?

Edited by ZCerberus
Mikey can't spell. I can't eyether.

do I sense a mini build challenge for Avalonia?

So the suggestions are make a mini challenge or give them all to ISC... hmmm... mini challenge is leading by a slight giant margin. Sorry Modman. As a bonus, I think Beerbeard would freak out and crush us all with a super mushroom MOC.

I see what you did with my post! nice

This is a great poly bag and with the BoGo makes it a no brainer. and maybe I'm being greedy but beside the obvious of adding a Dk Green cape to go with the hood, I wish they would have made that leaf piece the new dark red color.

and Beery would crush us but I think we will be seeing a lot of mushrooms popping up in MOCs

I have only heard of them popping up at TRU. Sometimes Target in the US has poly bags in the seasonal section, but I have not heard of the elf making it there. They did have the frodo poly this fall for some reason though, so who knows.

My apologies if this is a foolish question but is this a Toys R Us exclusive? Have there been any sightings from another retailer?

If you can, I would get the polybag now while it's at TRU. TRU usually jacks the prices up, but since they are running a BOGO 50% off this week it brings the price for every 2 polybags down to only $3.75, which is actually 25 cents cheaper than the MSRP. Not bad at all for such a great polybag!

I'd been hoping someone else would be carrying it as the nearest Toys R Us is thirty miles away and there is no guarantee that they'll have it in stock. It doesn't appear that they have it on their site at the moment or I'd been snatching it up there.

I have tried adding 5 polybags to my shopping cart but nothing happens. Is this the same thing that happened to you? I hope they fix this, I'd love to get a few.

I tried to check-out, but a message appeared that there was no international shipping on this product. Luckily the prices on bricklink are dropping fast. I have a feeling this TrU thing is a never-ending story...

I'd been hoping someone else would be carrying it as the nearest Toys R Us is thirty miles away and there is no guarantee that they'll have it in stock. It doesn't appear that they have it on their site at the moment or I'd been snatching it up there.

I hear you. What I did was to buy it online with the In Store pick up. This way I just have to go to Toys R Us once it is ready. If they don't have it in your store, you can still do the ship to store.

Typical AFOL Ideas include:

- Trade them for the new brown mushrooms in the Hobbit sets. Then buy half of them back for double the prize because you had an idea for a MOC. Afterwards, trade 25 mushrooms for a warg.

- Buy frogs and army build the new frog army. Declare yourself leader of the frogs and post a picture on you tube.

- Have CMF Hippie smoke them.

- Have CMF witch cook them.

- Have some FRIENDS eat them so they need to get their stomachs pumped out in a pink and violet poison emergency room.

- NPU them on tiny tiny tiny starships.

- Built the first super star destroyer with red and white greebles.

- Write a review in which you examine possible printing errors on the mushrooms.

- Wait until they are released in blue.

For those who ordered the polybag through TRU, I received my ordered in the mail today.

Also picked up the Mirkwood spider set earlier today so they will go well together!

I received my order today but I'm on hold with customer service right now. I ordered and paid for 5 but only got 4. I look forward to the battle ahead of me.

Good news, this elf has a double sided face. The one you see and an angry face.

If you can find them, go for the BOGO 50% deal while it lasts. They had stacks of them at my TRU in Nebraska, USA. They also had stacks of the Gandalf polybag. I almost bought one and decided I didn't need to spend $5 for a figure I already had (and will get more of). But the Elf is a different story. I'm glad I only bought a few before this BOGO sale.

I think the mushroom is neat, but I would have preferred a dark red leaf piece instead..or add in elf ears..or add a long cape..or..or... maybe I should just be happy they came out with a polybag of this nature at all :grin: