CM4Sci

LOTR & The Hobbit 2013 Set Discussion

So do we have any idea who the warrior with a red beard in DGB was/is?

It was bolg that was intended to be in the set before the changes with PJ.

It was bolg that was intended to be in the set before the changes with PJ.

Ah Ok.

So its: Azog, Gandy, Raddy, Nercromancer and then 2 generic orcs in dgb?

Edited by SandMirror38

Also Thranduil should have gotten a katana, a broadsword for Thranduil the elf king come on...

From the descriptions I've read so far and the number of MEA packs I plan on getting/splitting, Thranduil will most likly end up as a generic Elf Knight in my Elf army but will be armed with the Dragon Katana from Ninjago and the shield.

Granted this could change when better pictures or the actual sets are seen.

Is Beorn's axe a new mold?

I dont think so, seems like the normal axe that they gave Gimli.

I cant see radagast in the picture :(

Can someone point him out?

He's most visible in the second to right play feature box on the top :wink: Edited by Mr Breden

2yoeftk.png

That is so clever!!! I never even noticed they looked alike. I'm gonna guess that clicks onto the set itself and you have that in the middle with the two sides/walls on either side. That is really accurate, well done lego!

Dol Guldur Ambush: This is the only one that I don't like. It's nice to get Beron but getting another two clone orcs orcs is very annoying! The structure itself is pretty meh.

Mirkwood Elf Army: Yes yes yes! :wub: Getting three elves Thaundrail, two orcs and a brown warg with a great looking structure! Awesome!

Dol Guldur Ambush: This one is currently my favorite. I can't wait for better pictures to see the mini figures in detail.

^ Dol Guldur Ambush does look the weakest maybe that's why that is the one where they gave the orcs hair but why they didn't they give one hair in each set that would have been much better, or even better give them all hair as you can always take it off.

On the elf set on the right of the structure there is a smaller tan bit behind the tree. I assume this is just the continuation of the wall so does that mean the tree has a wall on either side then? Thoughts?

^ is the tree even in the wall or just in front of it, I think seeing as this is an army builder then there is probably pins or pin holes at both ends of the wall

Thanks for the small pictures! But... you can see wonderful large pictures right here: http://shop.brixit.s...tt-hobbit-2014/

Can't wait to pick these up!

Also, hats off to Lego, because these new sets actually are getting me to buy more Hobbit sets. Since Azog comes in Dol Guldur, which I'm certainly buying, now I need his white warg from the AUJ set.

10359442006_a482f70d02_o.jpg

Edited by phanstasm

Oh wow the minifigures are amazing! Radagast looks awesome and the new orc designs look great!

It's nice to have a less dwarf focus wave this year. Infact, Bilbo and Thorin are only in one set!

Thank you Phanstasm! These sets look great, i'm a little disapointed that they reused the Haldir faces for majority of the elves though, but god dammnit are those figures beautiful espescially Radagast, Thranduil and the orcs :wub:

AWESOME!!! These pics are great!!! But, why do some orcs have urukhai swords? I like the old, fantasy era orcsword better for these orcs. But I do like that we get 6 of them this wave! And Azog, he looks great! Not really happy about the necromancer though. He looks like a ghost orsomething. Radagast is ever better then I could imagine, he looks totally awesome! I am atleast going to buy the both dol guldur sets, and maybe the mirkwood elf army. I am not sure about that lake town set.

They don't look bad (and in the Finnish culture that is a rather big praise). Radagast looks quite good and the elf army will surely sell well. I doubt I'll buy any of these, as I'm more in the dwarf business as you have probably noticed. I love the look of the new orc shoulder armour, and Beorn's hair/beard looks quite hip too.

Thanks for the small pictures! But... you can see wonderful large pictures right here: http://shop.brixit.s...tt-hobbit-2014/

Can't wait to pick these up!

Also, hats off to Lego, because these new sets actually are getting me to buy more Hobbit sets. Since Azog comes in Dol Guldur, which I'm certainly buying, now I need his white warg from the AUJ set. Brilliant strategy.

Gonna get all three of these sets plus some AUJ I have to catch up on!!! The main set is incredible! I mean radagast looks totally awesome, azog looks better than the comic con one the orcs in all three sets just look sensational plus I'm intrigued by the necromancer! The design looks rather neat! Can't wait to see this battle in the film! Gandalf shooting bolts of lightning along with radagast that's sounds pretty cool. I am thoroughly impressed by this DOS wave! Plus the do Guldur battle is only £70? that's a steal with these figures and functions!

Edited by ZCerberus
Removed quote of a picture.

Dol Guldur Ambush:

Ok set... biggest highlight for me is the shoulders for the Orcs....

positive parts: Dark Red leaf and Orc hairpieces...

Mirkwood Elf army:

Pretty good set, but I envisioned better figures.... biggest highlight is hard to point out... ...

positive parts: 3 Generic Elf figures, new colored Warg...

Dol Guldur Battle:

Good set, biggest highlight obviously Radagast himself...

positive parts: Necromancer (looks okish) Azog and STATUE :P ( I like it)

Overall thought and rating compared to what I would've liked and expected 6/10...

Biggest let-downs: To me obviously the biggest let-down is the elven generic soldiers... I expected atleast 2 of them coming with helmets and armors if not also new molded shields! The next biggest let-down is Necromancer (Not sure how i envisioned him in LEGO form but it looked white for sure lol.... and the third biggest let-down would be the fact that none of the structures/buildings look material to put on the shelf!

Edited by Alcarin

Wow these bigger pictures make me so greedy. I'm very happy about all the minifig designs, exept the elves because of the hoods instead of hair pieces. Still, they look good overal. Maybe the Necromancer could look a little less 'naked' if they gave him a cape. Also, small red foilage, yay! I wish Gandalf would have been replaced by someone else, but I understand why they put him in there. Edit: The amount of skulls in all Hobbit sets is too damn high! :grin: I think it's like 15 skulls in the Hobbit (incl. this wave)!

Edited by PassionateMOCNoob

I don't usually end up buying sets unless they have a pretty significant discount, but Mirkwood Elf Army looks like an amazing parts pack and some great figures :thumbup: I actually like the hoods better than elf hair :classic:

Eh, I'm a bit underwhelmed by the high-res photos. The biggest set looks like it should be a $60 set. I really wish it would have had some more "depth", as it looks like a wall. Also, there's barely any play features. :grin:

The two smallest sets still look really cool, though.

Amazing sets!! Orcs are fantastic, Warg is great and the biggest set is really astonishing!

Edited by hench

I'll definitely be picking these up. I love the sets, even if people have quibbles with them. So much goodness for me.

I like the orc shoulder armor piece and the figs are OKish, but apart from that it's just 3 playsets with no recognisable building or structure. Just a mess of bits + minifigs. Here's hoping there's another UCS Orthanc style set in this wave - maybe Smaug on his treasure pile.

Thanks for the pics !

Dol Guldur Battle is just awesome by all the minifigs we'll have !

So much great minifigs in just one set...

It's such a pitty that we didn't have these shoulders for Yazneg in the set "Attack of the Wargs"

I'm agree that it will be difficult to display them on shelves...

Edited by N7LEGO

I think the two smalllest sets look pretty good for parts and minifigs.

If the prices on the Swedish site matches danish kroners im gonna get a few of each for sure.

Now we just need to await reviews for the sets to see all that we miss from the boxart.