muscleman

LEGO Collectable Minifgures Series 9 Rumours & Discussion

It isn't too big, but it would be a tight squeeze. I would also like to see a Medusa, but I would also be fine without one.

I agree. More accurately, it would be a very tight squeeze. Although the CMF bags are flexible, I doubt LEGO would push it that much. If they did though, it would make finding a Medusa very easy!

Looking again at pictures of the part I have to agree with you: it does indeed look rather too tight a fit for the CMF bags. If that's the case it is quite unfortunate and even slightly strange - I would have thought that Lego would've designed the piece spesifically with future CMFs in mind (would it really look that much worse in slightly smaller size?). Maybe I just have to play it safe and buy a snake fig or two (expensive as they are) from Bricklink, in anticipation of a possible medusa with normal legs. :hmpf_bad:

I don't see why what is essentially a human with a horrible hair day :laugh: needs a snake tail. Just a snake hairpiece would be easier to fit into the bag and a lot more accurate.

I don't see why what is essentially a human with a horrible hair day :laugh: needs a snake tail. Just a snake hairpiece would be easier to fit into the bag and a lot more accurate.

Admittedly the snake-like lower body isn't classical part of the Medusa story - apparently it may have entered the popular culture as late as 1981, when Ray Harryhausen designed such Medusa for the film Clash of the Titans (

). But I think it has been pretty dominant visualisation at least since then, and more striking than just a woman with snakes for hair. But of course as long as we get the snaky head piece we can mod our own tailed or legged medusas, so that's the most important thing. Hopefully it will come true some day. :classic:

If I'm right about the Cyclops, I think Medusa is rather unlikely alternative to the Mermaid, it would be too similarily themed to appear in the same series.

Mmm, maybe, but it's not that they hadn't similar themed figs in the same series before... e.g.:

series 1 : tribal hunter & cowboy ; clown & magician (event wrestler too) ; robot and spaceman..

series 2 : life guard & surfer ; vampire & witch ; pop star & disco dude...

series 3 : alien & space vilain ; samurai & sumo ; tennis & baseball player ..

series 4 : monster & werewolf & crazy scientist ; (or scientist & hazmat) ice hokey player & ice skater ; musketeer & viking..

series 5 : lumberjack & ice fisherman ; fitness & boxer ; (eventualy detective & royal guard) ...

series 6 : classic alien & galactic girl (& robot?) ; minotaur & roman soldier & highlander ; clockwork robot & mechanic ;-) ; or the best one...: butcher & surgeon ;-)

But it is true that the in-series pairing wasn't that obvious or non-existing in series 7 & 8.. though if you stretch it there are also couples to be found..

A lot of minifig speculation is based on patterns people seem to detect. But I only see 4 patterns:

1) there is a random mix of Lego's main themes : City/daily life ; sports ; historical/pirates ; phantasy/(classic) horror ; adventure ; scifi ; sports (though that can be part of city too)

2) a lot of the CMF's are based on Alexandre Boudons application sketches

3) they sometimes give us a figs that pairs or complements a fig from a former series.. but I dont see patterns like a fixed number of series they skip each time..

4) xBoards (where "x" stands for skate, snow or surf according to your personal tastes.. :-) )

edited for adding a 4th "pattern"..

Edited by J.V.D.

Mmm, maybe, but it's not that they hadn't similar themed figs in the same series before... e.g.:

series 1 : tribal hunter & cowboy ; clown & magician (event wrestler too) ; robot and spaceman..

series 2 : life guard & surfer ; vampire & witch ; pop star & disco dude...

series 3 : alien & space vilain ; samurai & sumo ; tennis & baseball player ..

series 4 : monster & werewolf & crazy scientist ; (or scientist & hazmat) ice hokey player & ice skater ; musketeer & viking..

series 5 : lumberjack & ice fisherman ; fitness & boxer ; (eventualy detective & royal guard) ...

series 6 : classic alien & galactic girl (& robot?) ; minotaur & roman soldier & highlander ; clockwork robot & mechanic ;-) ; or the best one...: butcher & surgeon ;-)

But it is true that the in-series pairing wasn't that obvious or non-existing in series 7 & 8.. though if you stretch it there are also couples to be found..

A lot of minifig speculation is based on patterns people seem to detect. But I only see 4 patterns:

1) there is a random mix of Lego's main themes : City/daily life ; sports ; historical/pirates ; phantasy/(classic) horror ; adventure ; scifi ; sports (though that can be part of city too)

2) a lot of the CMF's are based on Alexandre Boudons application sketches

3) they sometimes give us a figs that pairs or complements a fig from a former series.. but I dont see patterns like a fixed number of series they skip each time..

4) xBoards (where "x" stands for skate, snow or surf according to your personal tastes.. :-) )

edited for adding a 4th pattern..

And every odd series, you got a animal suit guy!

And every odd series, you got a animal suit guy!

Except for Series 1, though I suppose you might not call one odd...

Then if the Chicken suit guy is real, it would fit in, I guess.

Nice observation.

If they did though, it would make finding a Medusa very easy!

If there is one, I would like it to be green, and easily swappable with the Acidus minifigure. Anyway, I took a snake tailpiece, and put it into a packet. Yeah, they fit, but they stick out so much that if a minifigure had it, you could tell just by looking at it. TLG probably will reuse the snake tailpiece, just probably not in the CMFs.

Edited by Lightning Dragon

... surely the most likely lower body part for a Medusa figure in the CMF line would be a recolour of the S6 Genie's almost-snake-like body ?

... surely the most likely lower body part for a Medusa figure in the CMF line would be a recolour of the S6 Genie's almost-snake-like body ?

Good possibililty, that sounds very likely. And if LEGO did it in green, it wouldn't even have to be a recolor.

Good possibililty, that sounds very likely. And if LEGO did it in green, it wouldn't even have to be a recolor.

Isn't the genie blue?!

Flying Dutchman from Spongebob yes genie tail in green.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to! :wink:

Yeah I think in this case when they say "mermaid" they probably mean "mermaid". I think you are all just hoping TLG group read this forum and are giving them your wishlist.

Yeah I think in this case when they say "mermaid" they probably mean "mermaid". I think you are all just hoping TLG group read this forum and are giving them your wishlist.

Yeah, as far as this series goes, the mermaid will probably just be a mermaid, which I don't mind at all, I don't want a medusa (don't partucularly want a mermaid either, for that matter!).

Yeah, as far as this series goes, the mermaid will probably just be a mermaid, which I don't mind at all, I don't want a medusa (don't partucularly want a mermaid either, for that matter!).

Actually you could do a mermaid with other pieces, while you can't do a medusa... :D

Old news.

This mind of response doesn't add much to the conversation. Even if it's old news let's offer constructive advice or comments.

This mind of response doesn't add much to the conversation. Even if it's old news let's offer constructive advice or comments.

Agreed at least were disscussing what we know

Oh I didn't notice the date on the website, sorry if its old news, normally I tend to keep up with new news, I'll try to do my best to keep up