just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

TV show looks good. I enjoyed the NinjaGo show and this seems to aim at a bigger scale. I will look forward to that.

Oh, and what are constraction sets? Doesn't everyone mean construction sets?

That's what the Hero Factory and Superheroes Ultra Builds are. Construction + action figures= Constraction. It's just a simpler term to use for the figures.

Edit: oops. Forgot I clicked back a page I missed and didn't see the above answers...:blush:

Edited by Legocrazy81

TV show looks good. I enjoyed the NinjaGo show and this seems to aim at a bigger scale. I will look forward to that.

Oh, and what are constraction sets? Doesn't everyone mean construction sets?

"Constraction" is TLG's term for action figure sets like BIONICLE, KK2, Hero Factory, etc. It's basically short for "constructible action figures".

Anyway, keep in mind that if this is anything like the Ninjago show, large vehicles and creatures will be greatly simplified and stylized.

"Constraction" is TLG's term for action figure sets like BIONICLE, KK2, Hero Factory, etc. It's basically short for "constructible action figures".

Anyway, keep in mind that if this is anything like the Ninjago show, large vehicles and creatures will be greatly simplified and stylized.

Yeah, probably, but the raven gliders at the beggining of the video look pretty similar to the Lego ones.

Really, the problem with the Lego Ninjago sets was that some were the right size, and others were way to small, for example,

I have the Destiny's Bounty and Cole's Tread Assault, which is suppose to fit on the deck with a good deal of room to spare.

But in Legos, it is really about 3/4 the size, and couldn't possibly fit on the deck.

Edited by Garmadon

Let's just hope that budget doesn't get hasn't gotten in the way of "realistic" set and animation designs.

Yeah, probably, but the raven gliders at the beggining of the video look pretty similar to the Lego ones.

Really, the problem with the Lego Ninjago sets was that some were the right size, and others were way to small, for example,

I have the Destiny's Bounty and Cole's Tread Assault, which is suppose to fit on the deck with a good deal of room to spare.

But in Legos, it is really about 3/4 the size, and couldn't possibly fit on the deck.

And the Ultra Sonic Raider...supposedly can seat 6(I think it was), but can realistically seat 2. Which is too bad, seeing as it comes with all the ninjas, minus Lloyd.

Found this in Brickset's new parts inventory:

6023021.jpg

6022237.jpg

6022295.jpg

6022276.jpg

6019984.jpg

6022547.jpg

6022552.jpg

6022558.jpg

6022568.jpg

Will update if I find even more..

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Constraction

Construction + Action (Figure) = Constraction.

-Sci

And here I thought everyone's spellcheck was broken. :laugh: You learn something every day! :blush:

I, personally, will likely only go for a few of these, mostly impulse buys. That croc boat looks really neat, but it's just too expensive for my purposes, and it's just about the only large set I've seen so far that I've really liked.

And the Ultra Sonic Raider...supposedly can seat 6(I think it was), but can realistically seat 2. Which is too bad, seeing as it comes with all the ninjas, minus Lloyd.

That´s a minor one though, and can be easily fixed.

Anyway, the armor looks awesome!

That´s a minor one though, and can be easily fixed.

Anyway, the armor looks awesome!

Yeah, someone said that if you just took out a few peices in the back, it could seat four, which I think was the most it ever held.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

And thanks for the peices, looking good :thumbup:

I think I was the one who said that. Just a small 2x6 plate or two and the front can seat three.

Found this in Brickset's new parts inventory:

Will update if I find even more..

-Sci

Here's some more right here:

6022513.jpg6023039.jpg6022516.jpg6023935.jpg6022502.jpg6022987.jpg6021597.jpg6021694.jpg

Here's some more right here:

6022513.jpg6023039.jpg6022516.jpg6023935.jpg6022502.jpg6022987.jpg6021597.jpg6021694.jpg

Posted the heads a few pages ago, but I like the legs!

Nice find.

-Sci

Yeah, someone said that if you just took out a few peices in the back, it could seat four, which I think was the most it ever held.

Correct me if I'm wrong, please.

And thanks for the peices, looking good :thumbup:

It was me who actually said that, and the USR is currently in that configuration. There is barely any alteration, just remove the driver supports of each cockpit, and then remove each ninjas shoulder pads except for the driver at the very front.

I really like the look of these minifigures, I just hope that the animal helmets won't go LotR Gimli on us (You can't tell which expression he has inside his helmet and beard).

It was me who actually said that, and the USR is currently in that configuration. There is barely any alteration, just remove the driver supports of each cockpit, and then remove each ninjas shoulder pads except for the driver at the very front.

I really like the look of these minifigures, I just hope that the animal helmets won't go LotR Gimli on us (You can't tell which expression he has inside his helmet and beard).

Ok, but I had heard that about the time of its release from a Lego Designer, so I did'nt actually get it from you. :wink::laugh:

Edited by Garmadon

I am so excited for these sets! I hope there will be something like a nest in that castle.

Also, could the castle and the chi raider(?) be the exclusives for this wave or are there already exclusives

@Penkid11, what do you mean the driver supports? the plates that the ninja are sitting on? and in another discussion thread could you post the pictures of your mods for me, because I've been trying to figure out a mod that will look good and that will fit the four ninja with one in the top cockpit?

Edited by Pumpkin Pie

I don't care for the sets too much, but the figures themselves are neat. I really don't like the helmet masks though. I may pick up some of the figures though. Thanks for the images!

@Pumkin Pie

The brown back supports.

Edited by Penkid11

@Penkid11, what do you mean the driver supports? the plates that the ninja are sitting on? and in another discussion thread could you post the pictures of your mods for me, because I've been trying to figure out a mod that will look good and that will fit the four ninja with one in the top cockpit?

I´ve figured out a way myself how to get all four ninja (with space for one more) with armor into it.

Anyway, this is turning into the Ninjago 2012 Mods discussion. Let´s get back on topic!

Why don't you post photos in the Ninjago Thread DraikNova.

Ahem, am I the only on who is not appreciating the minifigure heads for the LoC figures?

Why don't you post photos in the Ninjago Thread DraikNova.

Ahem, am I the only on who is not appreciating the minifigure heads for the LoC figures?

If you don't like them, you can just treat the head and helmet as one piece. But I think one-piece head molds would have been worse in that they wouldn't likely have as many print colors and wouldn't have allowed for alternate expressions without acquiring multiple figs.

Thanks for clearing that up @Penkid11.

I wonder if LoC is supposed to be happening in Ninjago? :look: At least it sounds like that's what's happening from the commercial.

I'm sorry to continue this but I could not find the ninjago mods/mocs thread. Could someone help me?

Edited by Pumpkin Pie

I'm sorry to continue this but I could not find the ninjago mods/mocs thread. Could someone help me?

There is no specific thread for that. Just the general threads for the themes. We should probably continue this conversation in the Ninjago 2012 thread.

Thanks for clearing that up @Penkid11.

I wonder if LoC is supposed to be happening in Ninjago? :look: At least it sounds like that's what's happening from the commercial.

Legends of Chima takes place in a kingdom called Chima. Creative name, I know. :P