just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

Quite a good idea Jargo. I would say a nest with castle-like walls around it is what it will be.

A stone tower with a big "nest" shaped top?

-Sci

IDK. While that would be cool and certainly fit with the idea of an Eagle Castle, the picture it calls up in my mind just doesn't fit with what we've seen so far of the theme. (More because of the stone than the nest).

Perhaps, (and despite the numbering), this could be a speedorz set? The number does make it seem unlikely, but it's name strikes me as fitting better with things like Ice Towers and Fire Rings than Wolf Trackers and Lion Quads. (It's probably just me... :laugh: )

Edited by Kai NRG

In the dutch version of LEGO magazine, which I got today, the announcement for Chima shows a blue zamor sphere. I wonder if those are the Chi cores for the constraction sets?

The eagle castle sounds exciting BTW.

The Chi cores look more like crystals.

The castle sounds like the only set I'd be remotely interested in if done right. It's be cool if nests were made as the top of towers or something. Hopefully the castle itself will look like a real castle with machine elements built on to it rather than a blue castle which would look ugly IMO.

I was imagining a sort of bowl shaped rock fortress. Y'now so the outer walls are sort of angled outwards rather than straight up like a regular castle. And the inner side of the wall is angled too. Then an entrance gateway with an eagles head over the arch so the lions and so on would enter through a gateway in it's open beak sort of thing. And a central tower keep that has a big Chi crystal in a cupola atop the tower.

Not that that's likely but it'd be nice if it was something like that.

If you stayed after Ninjago's finale tonight, you'd see a Chima TV show advert. It looks amazing! The Speedorz look much cooler in the show.

Oh, it's also pronounced Chee-muh

-Sci

If you stayed after Ninjago's finale tonight, you'd see a Chima TV show advert. It looks amazing! The Speedorz look much cooler in the show.

Oh, it's also pronounced Chee-muh

-Sci

I saw that and it does look pretty cool! :sweet:

I can't wait. I believe that Michael Kramer will be doing the composing for the show, like he did alongside Jay Vincent for Ninjago. I haven't heard anything from Jay whether he is or isn't composing for Chima, as he said he'd like to spend more time with his family. It would be awesome to see.

The Chima show looks great. The characters, environments, everything. I'm so excited for it to come out!

Also, I think I saw a croc fortress. Possible future set?

Kalhiki

It looks like the Ninjago TV show.

And, related to the sets, a possible crocodile constraction figure can be seen in the advert at around 0:12.

Edited by just2good

So glad I don't have to change my pronunciation for Chima as I had to for Ninjago. The show looks promising and let's be serious, that Lion Fortress is absolutely Summer flagship set material. Bring it ON!

The show looks awesome! That Crocodile temple/fortress looks like it would be a great set.

I thinking he Eagle Castle set may not be too much of a Nest. If just to keep it more differentiated from the forthcoming Hobbit Eagles Nest set.

And, related to the sets, a possible crocodile constraction figure can be seen in the advert at around 0:12.

Looks too organic to be a constraction set, but that's a possibility. So apparently when the creatures put a Chima orb in their chest, they turn into the giant constraction figures. Looking forward to this.

TV show looks good. I enjoyed the NinjaGo show and this seems to aim at a bigger scale. I will look forward to that.

Oh, and what are constraction sets? Doesn't everyone mean construction sets?

Looks too organic to be a constraction set, but that's a possibility. So apparently when the creatures put a Chima orb in their chest, they turn into the giant constraction figures. Looking forward to this.

However, a lot of the models in Ninjago don't even look brick-built, so I can imagine the potential constraction sets taking this route.

And to The Crazy One, "constraction" is the term for constructable (or buildable... Whatever) action figures. Like Bionicle and Hero Factory.

Kalhiki