just2good

Legends of Chima 2013

We are two for two with Crominus and Cragger (including Speedorz).

So are you telling me that a child oblivious to the story can't call Crominus just a gold helmeted lackey? Crominus has to be king just because he is the king in the story? The same story that Wil-Film wrote AFTER the sets were created? Tell me, why must the sets be changed in order to follow the story?

Do you wonder why the largest set of LoC cannot be character neutral? This story is character driven. They have to put a name of one of the two most popular characters on the large set's box, in order to attract the kids to that particular character's set. It's that character's set. No one else's, so they have to get this set. It's another marketing ploy that you will just have to accept.

Also, if Crominus does appear as king in the set, wouldn't he just be a kind parent who is willing to let his son try the helm, and lead the Crocs?

I think Crominus's helmet (more or less a crown) is designed so that kids will interpret it as a symbol of leadership. While there's definitely room for kids to interpret the sets however they like, the designers do very deliberately work design clues into sets so that kids can understand the role of the various elements in those sets-- so important or valuable objects will often be colored a metallic color, particularly any type of gold, and colorful transparent parts will be used to suggest objects with magical or mysterious power. Minifigures with capes will typically rank higher than ones without capes, while minifigures with crowns are typically meant to be identified as leaders.

I think Crominus's helmet (more or less a crown) is designed so that kids will interpret it as a symbol of leadership. While there's definitely room for kids to interpret the sets however they like, the designers do very deliberately work design clues into sets so that kids can understand the role of the various elements in those sets-- so important or valuable objects will often be colored a metallic color, particularly any type of gold, and colorful transparent parts will be used to suggest objects with magical or mysterious power. Minifigures with capes will typically rank higher than ones without capes, while minifigures with crowns are typically meant to be identified as leaders.

To me, at least, there are two main characters both of Crocs and of Lions, Lagravis, Laval, Crominus, and Craggers.

So, even though it might not go with the show, Lego made all four of these to be srot-of-rulers (army commanders (Lavla and Craggers) and kings (Lagravis and Crominus), if you like)

to boost up the sales. Because the more "very important characters" there are, the more sets they can sell.

so the reason that both Craggers and Crominus are included in the Croc-boat (not to mention Crooler, because, though I certainly don't like her, I know there are others who do),

to encourage people to buy it to get all the important Crocs in one fell swope, so to speak.

I'm rather sure that after Lego is done with the Croc-boat, they will come out with a cheap way to get, e.g., Crooler,

so that the people who did'nt want the croc-boat but wanted Crooler could still get her

(and, to them, it means more money :wink: ).

To me, at least, there are two main characters both of Crocs and of Lions, Lagravis, Laval, Crominus, and Craggers.

So, even though it might not go with the show, Lego made all four of these to be srot-of-rulers (army commanders (Lavla and Craggers) and kings (Lagravis and Crominus), if you like)

to boost up the sales. Because the more "very important characters" there are, the more sets they can sell.

so the reason that both Craggers and Crominus are included in the Croc-boat (not to mention Crooler, because, though I certainly don't like her, I know there are others who do),

to encourage people to buy it to get all the important Crocs in one fell swope, so to speak.

I'm rather sure that after Lego is done with the Croc-boat, they will come out with a cheap way to get, e.g., Crooler,

so that the people who did'nt want the croc-boat but wanted Crooler could still get her

Hmm. I see where you are coming from with this. And indeed, Lagravis can be considered a very important character. I can see his Speedor selling really well (this years Lloyd ZX so-to-speak)

By the way, it's Cragger, not Craggers. :tongue:

Edited by Penkid11

I could not agree with you more here on all of your points. Crominus has the golden Crocodile crown helmet only because he is the leader of the Crocodile tribe, and when Cragger becomes the new king of the Crocodile tribe, he started wearing the golden Crocodile helmet crown (after Crooler handed it to him, but how she got it from Crominus, we don't know yet). However, why doesn't Crominus nor Cragger wear a cape in the show, while in the sets (and other forms of media and advertisments) they both wear a cape?

This is why the Croc Lair Hideout set should have been released first, in the first wave of this year and the Cragger's Command ship set in the second wave of this year, even as a retail store exclusive set like the Croc Lair Hideout set is (orwill be) now (or in the next few months), since in that way Crominus would not have to be in that set and LEGO can replace it with another Crocodlie, such as Cranvil, which we haven't seen in minifigure form yet, which could be the exclusive minifigure in which a lot of retail store exclusive sets tend to have there. I'm saying this because the Croc Lair Hideout set, as far as we know here, will not reveal to much of the plot of the TV show, it depending on what minifigures will actually be included in it. This may be the case, whereas the Cragger's Command Ship reveals that somehow and/or for some reason Crominus thinks evil thoughts, it being based on the part of the box art where all of the minifigures are shown lined up and that Crominus' minifigure has a red background that is behind it -- just like Cragger, Crooler and Rawzom also have a red background that are benind those minifigures that symbolises that they are the bad characters, where Longtooth and Lennox have a blue background that symbolises that they are the good characters -- which is a abomination in my opinion. This is because since Crominus does not think evil thoughts in the show so far and I really don't think he will think evil thoughts in future episodes unless he gets hipnotised by Crooler or loses his memory somehow, the Cragger's Command Ship set should not have him in it unless he shown in helping the Lions in fighting against Cragger (while he is hipnotised by Crooler via the orchid) Crooler and the other crocodlies, other than Crunket of course, and with a blue background that is behind the picture of the minifigure of Crominus.

As far as Crooler getting the crown, Crominus wasn't wearing it in the unknown croc vehicle when they fell into the sinkhole.

I still don't see why you're making such a big deal of good guy/bad guy split... There always is good and bad guys in LEGO, especially action themes.

It's too late to ask questions why a finalized set includes a certain character. If you have a problem with that, than you only need to bring it up once. Repeatedly whining about it will not help anything. So please no more whining about Crominus' inclusion in the Command Ship. I can argue the same thing about the Serpentine Generals in the Epic Dragon Battle, or the fact that the Fangpyre Mech isn't in the Ninjago show at all! But they are finalized sets, so everyone who is displeased will have to deal with it.

Hmm. I see where you are coming from with this. And indeed, Lagravis can be considered a very important character. I can see his Speedor selling really well (this years Lloyd ZX so-to-speak)

By the way, it's Cragger, not Craggers. :tongue:

Yes, that's what I'm talking about.

Lloyd ZX was selling for over $40 before the release of his spinner.

Same will most likely be happening with the Crocboat and Rawzom's speedorz.

What seems to be stange is that apperantly the Lion Temple and Lagravis's speedorz are going to be released at the same time.

Could be wrong, though.

And about Cragger, sorry, it can get a bit confusing. :laugh:

The difference in the CHI Temple and Royal Roost is the price which is a HUGE factor these days.

As far as Crooler getting the crown, Crominus wasn't wearing it in the unknown croc vehicle when they fell into the sinkhole.

I still don't see why you're making such a big deal of good guy/bad guy split... There always is good and bad guys in LEGO, especially action themes.

It's too late to ask questions why a finalized set includes a certain character. If you have a problem with that, than you only need to bring it up once. Repeatedly whining about it will not help anything. So please no more whining about Crominus' inclusion in the Command Ship. I can argue the same thing about the Serpentine Generals in the Epic Dragon Battle, or the fact that the Fangpyre Mech isn't in the Ninjago show at all! But they are finalized sets, so everyone who is displeased will have to deal with it.

I rest my case for now, until I see the next episode (or two or three episodes) of the TV series later on in this month (on TV and/or online) or very early next month (online only), to make a final judgement on Crominus' and Craggers' character and personality (along with Crunket's character and personality) and how it is shown in the TV series versus the sets and Speedorz and other media.

Has anyone else been having trouble finding the Chi Raider set? I can't seem to find it in stores anywhere. Bad luck, I guess. :hmpf_bad:

It's a store exclusive, so it is only available at one certain store in a country (Wal-Mart in the US) beside the Lego Brand stores.

What Penkid said basically,but my Wal-Mart is stacked with them,the whole Chima selection is taken over by them.

I've carefully examined the Legends of Chima set and Speedorz pictures on www.toyark.com that are from the New York Toy Fair, and I've noticed that both Skinnet's and Flurty's weapons have a transparent blue piece on each of them, so this means that they are both good characters (and probably most, if not all of their respective tribe members are on the Lion's side in the war). (A transparent red piece, on the other figurative hand, that is on a characters' weapon reveals that the character (and the tribe in which he or she belongs to there in the world of Chima) is a bad character.) This can mean that both the Bears and the Rhinoceroses are probably on the Crocodiles' side and thus are bad characters. In regarding the Rhinoceroses, I'm not happy about this, as I like animals with snouts, because they look more attractive to me, hence it is why I like reptiles so much, since they usually have snouts on the heads. Therefore, this is a major letdown on my part, since LEGO has the only two animal tribes that have snouts on the bad side of the war!!!! :angry::cry_sad::cry3::facepalm::wall::enough::ugh::thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: (To me, animals (and their half-human, half-animal versions) that do not have snouts (other than Lions and maybe Gorillas) look vey, very flat to me, and thus they look unattractive to me (sometimes even ugly, if they have beaks like birds do in real life and in the world of Chima, and thus I'm not a fan of birds). As a result, it is more important then ever before now for the LEGO Group to have at least one reptile tribe who are on the good side of the war!! Are you reading this LEGO???

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

Ok, so I will make a request: No more direct cartoon discussion here please. As with Ninjago, can you take it to Culture and Multimedia. However, if the subject of "X thing in cartoon would be a cool set, how/what can we do to recreate it" is permissable in small doses.

Next: This is about the themes. Not the Ethics, presumed "racism" or portrayal of characters in the media. It's a toy, chances are kids are going to do what they feel like when they play, only slightly guided by what media they have watched/experienced. Case in point, a bunch of kids I know (through younger sibs and my sister's job in a primary school) they like the animals they like and adapt the story for their own ends.

So, we are drawing a line under it thank you.

Everyone seems to scared to post :grin: I have discovered that the spinner figures are made of Chinese plastic. Well, actually I'm not 100% sure, but after about 2 months of moderate use, it has a crack running from it's armpit down to it's waist. :angry:

That doesn't mean it's Chinese. Cracks happen in any minifig, I remember it happening years before China was even around in LEGO. That's a bummer to hear nonetheless.

Ok, so I will make a request: No more direct cartoon discussion here please. As with Ninjago, can you take it to Culture and Multimedia. However, if the subject of "X thing in cartoon would be a cool set, how/what can we do to recreate it" is permissable in small doses.

Next: This is about the themes. Not the Ethics, presumed "racism" or portrayal of characters in the media. It's a toy, chances are kids are going to do what they feel like when they play, only slightly guided by what media they have watched/experienced. Case in point, a bunch of kids I know (through younger sibs and my sister's job in a primary school) they like the animals they like and adapt the story for their own ends.

So, we are drawing a line under it thank you.

Can someone, such as a Moderator, please make a separate thread that discusses the similarities and differences that are between the Legends of Chima TV series, versus the LEGO toy line and versus other media, in terms of how characters are protrayed there, etc., as I cannot make a new thread yet as I am only a Vassal :look:? In this way we would have an appropriate thread for this, as we do not have an appropriate thread right now; these discussions currently do not fit in either this thread or the Legends of Chima TV Series thread, and I would like to do the right thing here, so I`m sorry if I was off topic here. :wink:

Also what do you mean exactly there by you saying, "So, we are drawing a line under it thank you."? What exactly is "it" do you mean here? :look::wacko:

Edited by Good Cragger Fan

Can some please make a separate thread that discusses the similarities and differences between the Legends of Chima TV series and the LEGO toy line and other media, in terms of how characters are protrayed there, etc.?

I don't see the point of that.

-Sci

Can someone, such as a Moderator, please make a separate thread that discusses the similarities and differences that are between the Legends of Chima TV series, versus the LEGO toy line and versus other media, in terms of how characters are protrayed there, etc., as I cannot make a new thread yet as I am only a Vassal :look:? In this way we would have an appropriate thread for this, as we do not have an appropriate thread right now; these discussions currently do not fit in either this thread or the Legends of Chima TV Series thread, and I would like to do the right thing here, so I`m sorry if I was off topic here. :wink:

Also what do you mean exactly there by you saying, ``So, we are drawing a line under it thank you``? What exactly is ``it`` do you mean here? :look::wacko:

I can't see a reason for a thread like that.

Also, Pepperment means that she wants all conversation on the matter stopped at that point. It's irrelevant to the topic.

Thank you Penkid.

First off, I'll have to check in why you can't make a new thread, with 44 posts that should be possible by now unless we made the threshhold 50 to try and prevent spam bots.

Secondly, drawing a line under it, in all spheres, means it is done and done. No more mention of it is needed. I faced this issue with the Ninjago thread and wasn't quite as firm and had to keep on going in and making the request. One hopes that the bold and the underline means all you cartoon fans will maybe remember this time eh? :wink::laugh:

So now you know; and knowing is half the battle. :thumbup:

From here on please discuss the toy and related LEGO products. Thanks :classic:

I've finally managed to find the Ice Tower set at stores besides Toys R Us! I was a little worried there that it was going to be an exclusive. Still haven't bought it, but I wanted to shoot down any rumors I might have created earlier.

Am I right to assume that we should see pictures of the Croc Hideout say... mid-April/early May?

I've carefully examined the Legends of Chima set and Speedorz pictures on www.toyark.com that are from the New York Toy Fair, and I've noticed that both Skinnet's and Flurty's weapons have a transparent blue piece on each of them, so this means that they are both good characters (and probably most, if not all of their respective tribe members are on the Lion's side in the war). (A transparent red piece, on the other figurative hand, that is on a characters' weapon reveals that the character (and the tribe in which he or she belongs to there in the world of Chima) is a bad character.) This can mean that both the Bears and the Rhinoceroses are probably on the Crocodiles' side and thus are bad characters. In regarding the Rhinoceroses, I'm not happy about this, as I like animals with snouts, because they look more attractive to me, hence it is why I like reptiles so much, since they usually have snouts on the heads. Therefore, this is a major letdown on my part, since LEGO has the only two animal tribes that have snouts on the bad side of the war!!!! :angry::cry_sad::cry3::facepalm::wall::enough::ugh::thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: (To me, animals (and their half-human, half-animal versions) that do not have snouts (other than Lions and maybe Gorillas) look vey, very flat to me, and thus they look unattractive to me (sometimes even ugly, if they have beaks like birds do in real life and in the world of Chima, and thus I'm not a fan of birds). As a result, it is more important then ever before now for the LEGO Group to have at least one reptile tribe who are on the good side of the war!! Are you reading this LEGO???

'Peppermint_M', actually, I was talking about the possible future minifgures of the Rhinocreoses and Bears in being on the bad side of the war in the sets and Speedorz, not in the TV show (though, that will probably also be the case), in the post of mine that I quoted right above here. :wink:

I bought Equila's Ultra Striker today at the Lego store (Shamrock promo and my 10% off coupon stacked for nearly 25% in savings!!). I will have a mini review done sometime soon.

EDIT (March 16th): I also bought Eris' Eagle Interceptor and Jungle Gates. I have ordered Razcal's Double Crosser (and Galaxy Squad Mini Mech) off of Bricklink as well!

Still yet to open any of these. Will be doing so once I log out.

Edited by Penkid11