Artifex

Winter Village 10229 Winter Village Cottage

I am definitely picking up this one to continue the series. I am not a huge fan of the color or larger size, but it will still work. I definitely like the truck. This is the one line of sets that my wife actually likes and actually builds. This is a must for me!

Glad to hear it'll have a white roof. That's the only thing I didn't like about the Post Office. It looks great, but paired with the other WV sets its green/melted snow roof looks strange.

I agree. The first thing I did after getting the Post Office was order all white pieces from BL. It looks better with all of the other sets, but I do think that some of the Gazebo's charm is lost with the white.

With the snow on the roof being so much thicker than in the other sets, I imagine this house is better placed not next to the others but rather higher up on a hill.

Yea, I am not sure how that thicker roof will look and work with the others. Right now I am not a fan of it.

The thing that bothers me even more than the shoddy torso choices is the street light inconsistency...

For some reason, the minifigures don't bug me as much with these sets, but those different lamps really bug me! I have to figure out which one I like the most and run with it throughout my town.

For those of you near Cardiff:

VIP members get to buy the Winter Village Cottage early on the 24th of this month from the Cardiff Lego Store.

For those of you near Cardiff:

VIP members get to buy the Winter Village Cottage early on the 24th of this month from the Cardiff Lego Store.

lego_vip_offer.png

This is true for Germany as well!

Edited by GRogall

Well just picked up mine and have confirmation from TLG that the US VIP members can also purchase theirs today! Limit 2 per customer!

not the best pic but my camera is on loan! :wacko:

winter_village_2012.jpg

Edited by GRogall
Please keep embedded images to a maximum of 800 x 600 pixels

...interesting play by Lego. I'm holding off for seven more days in order to get double VIP points for the purchase. It would be different if they still had free shipping this month, but if I have to pay for shipping either way, I might as well wait a few more days until October.

...interesting play by Lego. I'm holding off for seven more days in order to get double VIP points for the purchase. It would be different if they still had free shipping this month, but if I have to pay for shipping either way, I might as well wait a few more days until October.

Sure; but this month you still get the zombie car which may be worth the five bucks that you would get with the extra VIP points!?

I'm on the fence of getting this... Double VIP points or early YouTube review + Zombie Car?? :sadnew:

BUT it does take a week to ship... :sceptic:

Edited by just2good

Since I already ordered something earlier this month and received the zombie car (which isn't anything amazing, but nice when it is free), I will definitely wait until October. But it is nice to have the option. I guess I'll never understand the reason to own something early, if everyone else will own it eventually anyway. When it is unique like the SDCC figures, then yes, I understand. But not an early release for a mainstream product. Either way, I hope everyone enjoys the set now and later. I can't wait to build it.

Sure; but this month you still get the zombie car which may be worth the five bucks that you would get with the extra VIP points!?

I forgot about the zombie car offer (I got that when I order the Haunted House on the 1st). That makes more sense now; I can see how some people would rather buy it now rather than waiting. [Come on AncientDayz; put on your thinking cap]

I forgot about the zombie car offer (I got that when I order the Haunted House on the 1st). That makes more sense now; I can see how some people would rather buy it now rather than waiting. [Come on AncientDayz; put on your thinking cap]

And don't forget the $10 coupon from the S@H catalog! which is then even more a better deal this month! sorry forgot about that as well......

Hi

here in Germany i got the VIO mail too, that i will get the cottage early when i order it now, but i will get double VIP points if not and order in Oktober...

I do not get the sense of this offer, who is that keen on this set not to wait until Oktober? It would be more meaningful if early orders are getting double VIP points...

Dino

I think I'll rather wait and save the money. ;)

Then I'll take it to the extreme and wait until January 2014 (or late December 2013), when I presume it's going to be on sale through S@H. I can't defend buying the WV sets otherwise.

Since the Early purchase option did not offer me a Zombie Car, I will wait until October for the Double VIP points. :thumbup:

Just bought one for my son and guess what?

The blue brick issue from the MF Lab set has returned :angry:

This affects all royal blue parts in the set, and has pissed my pisssed my son off beyond belief.

Does anyone here have any suggestions as to what to do?

Hi

what is the brick issue? Misscoloring?

Dino

Well the quality seems different, and the bricks are slightly mis-coloured.

Hi guys

I have just complete a Youtube review on this set.

You can check it out

if you wish to see it.

Brick On!

I have to say, (like with all your reviews) great review! :sweet:

I'm still trying to get this set, but it looks like I'll have to wait until Christmas. Thankfully, I don't think we'll have Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve at my house this year (which is when I usually display the winter village). :grin:

I have to say, (like with all your reviews) great review! :sweet:

I'm still trying to get this set, but it looks like I'll have to wait until Christmas. Thankfully, I don't think we'll have Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve at my house this year (which is when I usually display the winter village). :grin:

Thanks im glad you like the review :classic:

I hope you get to acquire it soon it really is an awesome set.

Thanks for the review!

I don't like the way that dormer sits... just looks awkward. May have to see if I can mod that with white wedge plates or something similar.

The Winter Village Cottage has arrived! The lastest edition to my Christmas scenery. The only problem is I am running out of 12v lights so I will have to find andother way to light my village scenery maybe add led-lights.

Thanks for the review. As many people have said, the only downside is the price (£89 in the UK last time I checked). Other than that, it would make the perfect gift for christmas!