Sign in to follow this  
Hobbes

New 9V Track Collections on S@H US!

I just found these on S@H US (pic = link):

9V Train Track Starter Collection

2159-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

9V Train Switching Track Collection

4206-0000-xx-12-1.jpg

Could this be a first result of AFOL asking for the continuation of the 9V line? Or it's a taste of the Multi-Train set...

I find the inclusion of 6 magnets interesting. Kinda useless without the puffers/holders. But we don't want to complain when we see new 9V stuff, do we? ;-)

Beeing sucked in to the world of LEGO-trains I have a question:

What about the difference between straight versus curved tracks :-/

The first has a 8:1 ratio, the second 5.6:1. Do you guys just make tracks that goes in small circles?

I just put them up for display (so far .... ;-) ) so I need straight ones.

Train On

The first has a 8:1 ratio, the second 5.6:1.

I don't think I know what you mean... *wacko*

One track is straight the other is curved. *sweet*

It's a good new, even if I will not buy them (I need more straight than curve tracks). But it means than LEGO will not put off the 9V trains :-)

It's a good new, even if I will not buy them (I need more straight than curve tracks). But it means than LEGO will not put off the 9V trains :-)

Or they are trying to get rid of their surpluss stock of curves :(

My guess is that they are trying to get rid of excess curves. I was at a lego store this weekend and all they had were curved sections, no straights (a lot of curved too). So I would assume that yes, they are reducing their 9V inventory across the board.

And I hope the backorders on the straight tracks (and all other track types) on the US S@H site is due to holiday demand and not a phasing out of the 9V track.

Hobbes - what I ment was that you get 16 curved tracks and just 2 straight, therefore the 8:1 ratio.

copmike

Hobbes - what I ment was that you get 16 curved tracks and just 2 straight, therefore the 8:1 ratio.

Oh, yeah, of course, guess my age slowed me down on that one ;-)

Well, that has always been the problem with tracks: curves are necessary, but only to a certain extent. A train looks best on straights, and for a decent layout with a station, cargo yard and the like you need lots of straights. Hence they usually run out fast and are expensive at ebay or bricklink.

With the new non-9V-track TLC decided to sell them both in one box, so you get 8 straights and 8 tracks. Good for TLC, bad for trainheads who will end up with way too many curves :-(

I'd recommend that if you're considering buying additional 9V track, you do it soon. I know what's been said about the future of 9V, but I can see Lego phasing this out. I don't trust Lego to keep offering both RC and 9V.

copmike

Wouldn't all those curves make a very "wiggly" track? I'm very train illiterate but I'm making an effort to understand. I really am.

Wouldn't all those curves make a very "wiggly" track? I'm very train illiterate but I'm making an effort to understand. I really am.

Actually no. Eight curves make exactly half a circle. So with 16 curves and 2 straights you have an oval track layout (half circle + one straight on each side + second half circle). Many starter sets start out with that...