Hi guys, I wanted to introduce my new project, still in beta.

the model reproduces the liebherr LR 1400 W2, used 8 motor, 4 pneumatic piston, 4 new piston and 1 gear pump, all controlled remotely.

The length of the main arm is approximately 1.9 meters and the weight of the model is about 5,5kg.

the model is completely to scale both the size and functions, including the system of retention of the lift arm by pneumatic pistons.

I apologize for the pictures but we are in beta phase of the project and did not want to reveal too much, almno for now.

Opinions and suggestions are welcome

190620121163.jpg

190620121167.jpg

190620121166.jpg

190620121164.jpg

190620121170.jpg

Look like that crane is of to a good start, and welcome to EB. Any ways I will head over to the unimog addons thread. As I am in the middle of improveing mine.

@ lirinco: What an ambitious project! :thumbup:

147_LR_1400_2-W%20(2)_9126-0_W300.jpg147_LR_1400_2-W%20(1)_9125-0_W615H615.jpg

Edited by DLuders

TNKs,

further feature is the independent rotation of the crawler compared to the stabilizers and the super structure, as in the real version that allows the change of direction in confined spaces.

Welcome to Eurobrick's. :sweet:

I saw this on Brickshelf yesterday am was impressed.Good work so far.:sweet:

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

Hi lirinco, and welcome to the Eurobricks community. :classic:

Your crane looks good so far, :thumbup: I look forward to seeing the finished project.

Great and ambitious project!

Those crane lattice sections, they are hold together by technic axle 2, but how sturdy are they when there are, lets say 8 or 10 sections connected togheter? Are they prone to breaking in that setup?

Great and ambitious project!

Those crane lattice sections, they are hold together by technic axle 2, but how sturdy are they when there are, lets say 8 or 10 sections connected togheter? Are they prone to breaking in that setup?

I don't think so,but i can't be sure.

If you look at the picture below you can see two booms the one at the back is ment to help spread the load when the crane is lifting which should make the crane's boom less prone to breaking/bending.

147_LR_1400_2-W%20%282%29_9126-0_W300.jpg

Edited by Alasdair Ryan

milan hello, thanks for the welcome, my arm I already tried this with a previous model I made ​​earlier, and had no problems with 40 sections. The junction of the sections with axes 2 does not generate problems in that the section works by compression, little and minimally in torsion or cutting. this is determined by the nature of the lattice-boom, which tends to compress the adjacent sections. thanks a lot anyway ..... I prefer those who see the problems from those who see only the results. tnks :wink:

Hello, as you see in the picture the load of the boom is concentrated in its base, and the various sections above work for a compression of the other.

lattice-boom-crawler-crane-34.jpg

milan hello, thanks for the welcome, my arm I already tried this with a previous model I made ​​earlier, and had no problems with 40 sections. The junction of the sections with axes 2 does not generate problems in that the section works by compression, little and minimally in torsion or cutting. this is determined by the nature of the lattice-boom, which tends to compress the adjacent sections. thanks a lot anyway ..... I prefer those who see the problems from those who see only the results. tnks :wink:

Thanks for reply.

Sorry i did not very precise in previous post.

I meant are those 8-10-15 sections prone to break/bend when you hold them horisontal without any help by strings or brackets?

I know they are not made for that purpose, but i am just curious.

Thanks for reply.

Sorry i did not very precise in previous post.

I meant are those 8-10-15 sections prone to break/bend when you hold them horisontal without any help by strings or brackets?

I know they are not made for that purpose, but i am just curious.

hello , in the horizontal position there is a possibility that the boom can flex and to create an opening of the boom with subsequent rupture. The problem is limited by the relative weight of the boom and most remote from the situation that raises his arm in that position a load, but I've thought of different solutions, including the two most plausible are: Loctite and a transparent cable at the bottom of the boom to avoid the problem. TNKs

hello , in the horizontal position there is a possibility that the boom can flex and to create an opening of the boom with subsequent rupture. The problem is limited by the relative weight of the boom and most remote from the situation that raises his arm in that position a load, but I've thought of different solutions, including the two most plausible are: Loctite and a transparent cable at the bottom of the boom to avoid the problem. TNKs

Yeah, i built few lattice booms, horisontal for a tower cranes, but they were made from plates and bricks. Pretty strong. Never tried with those lattice section parts. Will do sometime.

Thks again

Where do those sections come from, I,ve never seen anything like them ? Look like something out of a oil rig set, LOL. the crane looks great so far. I started on one earlier this year and I wasnt happy with how well the turn table held up to the weight n stress of the upper unit. Kind wonder how this one will fare considering the weight.

Dan

Where do those sections come from, I,ve never seen anything like them ? Look like something out of a oil rig set, LOL.

You're not far off - there were 10 in a 2009 Crawler Crane set [ http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/7632-1 ] and eight in a 2010 Train Station set [ http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/7937-1 ]. The triangular bits at the end of the boom only came in the crawler crane set, and even then there were only four of them per set. On Bricklink, they're priced at ~50 US cents to one USD. Anything higher I personally consider as overpriced.

That's a big crane, will the pneumatics also be controlled remotely? if so how will the valves be controlled? looks really good with the stabilizers out in position.