Sariel

The Unofficial LEGO ® Technic Builder’s Guide by Sariel available f

Amazon.de just sent me an email and told me, that the book has been shipped and is on its way. That is like 3 weeks earlier than the originally stated on the website. I will pass by the office on monday and see if it is there already (which is likely). That would be good, since my order from Lego already arrived as well and I need to pick it up there. *saracasm on* I really love it, if stuff is sent earlier than expexted and I am not there to receive it. *sarcasm off* But I really look forward to reading the book.

i have got this mail yesterday and today the book. after a short flyover i would say that every technic beginner should own this book. very useful basics and technical explanations are included in this book

I finally finished reading the book last night. I think it would have been cool to have a section of building instructions for small and useful mechanisms, but I know you said you had many limitations. Overall great book Sariel, it was a good read.

tim

Today I got your book and I'm surprised how good it has become. I was expecting a lot. But the book was even better than expected.

Keep it up.

I think it would have been cool to have a section of building instructions for small and useful mechanisms

Last time I checked, there was over 40 of building instructions for small and useful mechanisms in the book.

Got my book today. It was delivered last friday. Until now, I just took a quick look. But, it really looked very good and detailed so far. Thanks Sariel for your effort.

Just a random thing, I brought the book from Amazon.co.uk, however now I would like the PDF? is there a way we can get that if we can prove we brought the book?

As far as I know, the PDF version is sold separately. There was a promotional offer when it was added for free to the hard copy, but the promotion was created by the publisher, not by the Amazon, and it's over now.

Arr ok mate, well I see what comes up. The book has not arrived from Amazon yet, I cant wait to check it out mate.

Amazon.de just sent me an email and told me, that the book has been shipped and is on its way. That is like 3 weeks earlier than the originally stated on the website. I will pass by the office on monday and see if it is there already (which is likely). That would be good, since my order from Lego already arrived as well and I need to pick it up there. *saracasm on* I really love it, if stuff is sent earlier than expexted and I am not there to receive it. *sarcasm off* But I really look forward to reading the book.

Thats unfair :D My order from 7th November is still not shipped :( 05.12.12 Amazon.de says now

I bought it through nostarch, and got the PDF as soon as they had it available (and about a week before the physical book arrived)

So far, I've only peeked at the PDF.. and the book is still unopened.. awaiting Christmas morning (to be read Christmas afternoon, with a full belly! :)

RB

Thats unfair :D My order from 7th November is still not shipped :( 05.12.12 Amazon.de says now

I pre-ordered on October 24th. I guess on release of the book, Amazon ordered one copy for everyone who pre-ordered until then. I would guess you have to wait for the next batch of books they get delivered from Nostarch.

I pre-ordered this book from Amazon (US). I got it a few weeks ago. The book is printed on amazingly high quality paper and the figures looks fantastic. It is a very interesting book just from my first glimpse. It should be a comprehensive guide for all Lego Technic fans like me. Thank you so much, Sariel!

This is really a very nice handbook for every technic builder, and it is more than what I have expected.

Thanks. I'm following this topic and I'm relieved to see that all this work is of use to you.

I just received a copy of this book (via Amazon) and I am highly impressed! As I move towards MOC'ing technic, I think it's a very high quality resource and a very good source of inspiration and ideas. I can already imagine how I will utilise some of the techniques in both modding existing sets as well as (hopefully) getting into making MOC's. Well done Sariel! I can only imagine what a labour of love it must have been!

I just bought the book. I've only gotten the chance to read a few chapters but I'm finding it really helpful. I'm new to technic building but needed to learn some things about it for a motorized project I'm working on. I've already learned a few things that will help.

Thank you for taking the time to compile all this information, Sariel!

My copy just arrived yesterday - I thought it had to be some other order from amazon because the package was so heavy! This is a serious piece of work with good organization and clear writing. I'm really looking forward to reading through it.