Pastajensen

WIP: Pizza place

So finally I´m off the clock again and can start my 1st (since the early 90´s) MOC.

The good thing being away for 4 weeks is that all the PAB order etc.. is waiting for me when I get back home (Yea, and my wife too).

So far I have completed the design for the ground floor, the 1st and roof/2nd floor still in progress. Using a 16x32 as a base-plate.

Ground floor will be the with a stand-table.

I plan to use the 1st floor as the dining area/restaurant. I´we made the base drawings but not sure how to furniture it yet.

The floor level I will use as a atelier, with a pull down ladder for access.

7279467730_8512e8ac70_z.jpg

LDDScreenShot4 by pastajensen, on Flickr

I´we just started building and I will update the post with pictures (using Flickr).

A good start! Now only the other floors and some appropriate stickers :)

Stickers... oh..:blush:

Good point regarding the streetlamp, hmm I put it there mostly because of the other modular´s. Maybe I just remove from it this one and put in the next "half-size" module.

I´we added a few pictures, not so much progress yet. But not easy to find time with a daughter, wife and constant attacks from the imperial forces. I think I also have to re-do the cash register, I think it´s a bit high compared to a mini-fig.

7280007184_ac150d88f8_t.jpg

Pizza place by pastajensen, on Flickr

7280004312_853d4839bd_z.jpg

Pizza place 2 by pastajensen, on Flickr

7280003288_5538aee728_z.jpg

Pizza place 3 by pastajensen, on Flickr

@johnnyvgoode a sign... yes! haha I knew I had forgotten something important. Maybe a overhanging from the 1st floor or hanging on the side?

@johnnyvgoode a sign... yes! haha I knew I had forgotten something important. Maybe a overhanging from the 1st floor or hanging on the side?

Ahhhhh, I'm not too sure which of those two I'd choose if I were you. Why don't you give it a shot to both and show both options? :classic:

And finished the ground floor, but when I started on the 1st floor I noticed that I forgot to order the necessary parts for the floor... :sing: Can´t let the mini-figs fall trough the roof can I?

7281510852_2e46e1025d_z.jpg

Pizza place 4 by pastajensen, on Flickr

The charm with Lego, you can build and re-build. It´s newer wrong :laugh:

Kinda contradicted myself now..

Edited by Phred

Nice pizza place! I like the colors of the floor and the stairs look great :thumbup: Well made oven as well.

The half stud inset on the windows/door of the front wall is a very nice touch.

Looking forward to seeing it finished :classic:

This is looking very good! The interior details you've got thus far are great - I love the oven and the cash register. The colours are also nice.

Off-topic: I'm slightly intrigued by the ski jumpers in your Flickr contact list :)

Edited by L@go

Thanks for the kind words, I managed to get the floor for the 1st. floor done (although no quite as I wanted it). I will post some updates in the evening, also I will try to find a good solution how to furniture the 1st floor.

Off-topic: I'm slightly intrigued by the ski jumpers in your Flickr contact list :)

I love ski-jumping and the new trainer for the Norwegian team seems to get the best out of our jumpers :grin: (Its nice with some blue in the flag too).

I love ski-jumping and the new trainer for the Norwegian team seems to get the best out of our jumpers :grin: (Its nice with some blue in the flag too).

...but your profile says Austria?

...but your profile says Austria?

If you read my profile you will see that I´m a Norwegian that moved to Austria a few years back :wink:. ( I have of-course learnt my daughter to yell "Heia Norge" every time she sees the Norwegian flag).

Latest update: 7293996626_dbe23c1b49_z.jpg

Pizza place 5 by pastajensen, on Flickr

I ran out of bricks.. Forgot to order several bricks on my list. I guess I have to give my wife right about one thing; Sometimes I barely know where my head is..

Found out that 4x1 blue arch is not that common anymore (new). Using the slopes gives it a more oriental style, maybe I should go for it? Alternatively use white ones.

I couldn't see the thumbnail images real well and I was too lazy to go to Flickr,

so I changed all of your "t"s to "z"s in your posted image locations to get larger images.

Your images are a lot easier to see now. :grin:

I hope you don't mind.

Your Pizza place is coming along very nicely. :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing the finished product. :classic:

This build is progressing quite nicely. I really like your clean design!

( I have of-course learnt my daughter to yell "Heia Norge" every time she sees the Norwegian flag).

But of course! Let's hope that come November, Mr Bardal can repeat his magnificent performances from last season :)

I couldn't see the thumbnail images real well and I was too lazy to go to Flickr,

so I changed all of your "t"s to "z"s in your posted image locations to get larger images.

Your images are a lot easier to see now. :grin:

I hope you don't mind.

Your Pizza place is coming along very nicely. :thumbup:

I look forward to seeing the finished product. :classic:

No problem :wacko: I will post Z´s from now on :sweet:

This build is progressing quite nicely. I really like your clean design!

But of course! Let's hope that come November, Mr Bardal can repeat his magnificent performances from last season :)

I hope I the rest of the team follow up as well!

No new pictures, family took all the time today. Something about priorities as my wife said.. Anyway did some small changes, have added a row on the ground floor and did a slight re-design of the stairs. Will start on the roof this night (my family is sound asleep :devil: ) and I´ll try to get a updated picture tomorrow sometime.

And thanks for the support and suggestions and critics everyone, it´s appreciated!

Edited by Plauge

So time for an update!

Have added a roe on the ground floor. I´m thinking about adding a sign there as well. Finally got hold of the missing round bricks so the windows on the 1st floor is ready.

Started on the top floor/roof still a few bricks short but I will get there. (BTW found a store close by where I get the Lego "tax-free").

7313404892_7dd69f1b09_z.jpg A hatch will be added in the corner, maybe a door as well?

Pizza place 6 by pastajensen, on Flickr

7313405490_338580cc80_z.jpg Balcony, will make it much nicer. just have to make up my mind.

Pizza place 7 by pastajensen, on Flickr

Edited by Plauge

So time for an update!

Have added a roe on the ground floor. I´m thinking about adding a sign there as well. Finally got hold of the missing round bricks so the windows on the 1st floor is ready.

Started on the top floor/roof still a few bricks short but I will get there. (BTW found a store close by where I get the Lego "tax-free").

Thats really nice. I love the colours you have used. Good call moving the lamp post and the grille tile.

Edited by Phred
Please don't quote images

Personally, I'd make an effort to include a staircase between the two top floors as well, as I feel any modular should have them. That said, you're on your way to a very nice building.

I didn't spot the half-stud offset on the windows and door on the ground floor until now, that's nice.