wonkyeye

LOTR & The Hobbit 2012

Such a shame that the website you found those prices at doesn't have the Orc forge.

If it is coming out, at this point it has to be an exclusive. That won't show up on Barnes and Noble because they don't get exclusives. It will likely be from TRU, but it is possible it will be with Wal Mart or Target.

As for those prices, those are 10% off retail so they really look like this (all rounded up $0.05):

Attack on Weathertop $50

Gandalf Arrives $13

Shelob Attacks $20

The Battle of Helms Deep $130

Mines of Moria $80

Uruk Hai Army $30

So it's probably best to not buy any of these at TRU where they will suffer the TRU tax and likely not be included in any sales for a while.

I am really excited for the minifigs specially, we're finally getting messy wavy male hair :sweet:

I wouldn't have minded if there wasn't any female fig, but these ones would've been super detailed with beautiful hairpieces (just as the movies)

TLG missed the boat on that :sceptic:

That's quite good

I can't believe that.

$50 for attack on the weathertop, and you say that's quite good. I hope I'm not getting irony, because those prices are senseless. EVEN for a licensed product. TLG is recently taking their prices out of reasonable.

I can't believe that.

$50 for attack on the weathertop, and you say that's quite good. I hope I'm not getting irony, because those prices are senseless. EVEN for a licensed product. TLG is recently taking their prices out of reasonable.

I was looking at the prices written By just2good, he didnt mention they were on sale. I don't know how much they are in British pounds but they probably will be expensive.

Most of those are on sale, the actual prices are far worse. I refuse to believe $30 will be charged for the Uruk-hai Army. :sceptic: That's not overpriced, that's just downright ridiculous.

$30 for a 257 piece licensed set with 6 minifigs is ridiculous?? I'm sorry, but you sound a little nuts...

I can't believe that.

It is quite good for a 430 piece licensed set with (probably) exclusive minifigs.

I think people just aren't paying attention to how big these sets are going to be...

$30 for a 257 piece licensed set with 6 minifigs is ridiculous?? I'm sorry, but you sound a little nuts...

It is quite good for a 430 piece licensed set with (probably) exclusive minifigs.

I think people just aren't paying attention to how big these sets are going to be...

What exclusive figures would be with Weathertop? I can think of one that should be, but so far doesn't appear to be. Beyond it, you have the Fellowship and some Wraiths. I have no doubt other sets will have the Fellowship and Wraiths.

If the reported piece counts are correct they seem like pretty good prices considering the the size of the sets and numbers of minifigures. Certainly no worse than PotC, perhaps a little better for some.

Well I say "pretty good prices" obviously they're expensive, but everyone knew they were going to be. Pretty good compared to expectations.

Edited by Ash

Hmm, that's quite close to my estimates based on Hungarian prices. I think the Uruk-hai set is actually quite fairly priced considering how many minifigs it has. And a horse, too.:)

Where can I find the listing with the piece counts?

If the sets are as big as people are saying, then the prices seem reasonable for a licensed series where they have to make a lot of new molds and print pieces in new colors.

Set information with prices now based on more recent information (and thus are likely to be more accurate).

Gandalf Arrives

Set number: 9469

Ages: 8-14

Piece count: 83

Box size: 19,1 cm × 14,1 cm × 4,6 cm

Price: $13

Shelob Attacks

Set number: 9470

Piece count: 227

Box size: 26,2 cm × 19,1 cm × 6,1 cm

Price: $20

Uruk Hai Army

Set number: 9471

Piece count: 257

Box Size: 28,2 cm × 26,2 cm × 6,4 cm

Price: $30

Attack on Weathertop

Set number: 9472

Piece count: 430

Box size: 48 cm × 28,2 cm × 6,1 cm

Price: $50

Mines of Moria

Set number: 9473

Ages: 9-14

Piece count: 776

Box size: 48 cm × 37,8 cm × 7,05 cm

Price: $80

Battle of Helm's Deep

Set number: 9474

Ages: 10-14

Piece count: 1368

Box size: 58,2 cm × 37,8 cm × 8,7 cm

Price: $130

Where can I find the listing with the piece counts?

If the sets are as big as people are saying, then the prices seem reasonable for a licensed series where they have to make a lot of new molds and print pieces in new colors.

303$ for the whole theme doesent sound that bad, I know the prices will increase for europe and other place, but still.

Set information with prices now based on more recent information (and thus are likely to be more accurate).

Gandalf Arrives

Shelob Attacks

Uruk Hai Army

Attack on Weathertop

Mines of Moria

Battle of Helm's Deep

Thanks so much! If those piece counts are accurate and Brickipedia is accurate on the minifigures to be included, those are actually very good prices, especially compared to the new Super Heroes sets. I'm assuming this is because Lord of the Rings will pull on a lot of pieces already made available through Castle so there won't be a lot of new pieces to make, unlike Super Heroes which has a lot of new pieces.

Considering how ridiculously overpriced SW and PotC have been lately, I can definitely live with these prices. Pretty close to the 10ct/piece ratio (Helm's Deep and Shelob are actually even cheaper), something LSW hasn't even remotely achieved in the last few years. Uruk-hai Army is a pleasant surprise, 30$ is very fair for 260 pieces and 6 new figures (plus the new horse).

Considering how ridiculously overpriced SW and PotC have been lately, I can definitely live with these prices. Pretty close to the 10ct/piece ratio (Helm's Deep and Shelob are actually even cheaper), something LSW hasn't even remotely achieved in the last few years. Uruk-hai Army is a pleasant surprise, 30$ is very fair for 260 pieces and 6 new figures (plus the new horse).

One things for sure, these sets are far greater value than the new star wars sets.

Edited by Saruman the White

One things for sure, these sets are far greater value than the new star wars sets.

I can agree with you on that, I have been told by a LOTR fan and Lego retailer that these sets outshine the SW ones later in the year.

Guess it would be an idea when people buy these to keep the boxes in good condition eh ? :wink:

Those a totally acceptable prices and ones that I am very happy with. I am now really looking forward to this theme and I hope that we see some crystal clear pictures of the sets soon and the New York toy fair.

I just wanted to note that those piece counts are not really confirmed. One retailer had them listed on his site, and that's it. (By the way, here is the link just for the record.)

On the number of minifigures: on one hand, historically Castle had more minifigures than other themes. On the other hand, in certain licensed sets, the number of minifigures is also higher than the set itself would justify (I think of this phenomenon as some sort of sweetener to sell licensed sets despite the higher price tag). LotR inherits both biases, and the end result is 6 minifigures and a horse in a $30 set. :grin:

Gandalf Arrives

Shelob Attacks

Uruk Hai Army

Attack on Weathertop

Mines of Moria

Battle of Helm's Deep

Does anyone know what the prices will be in pounds? These are the prices I'm guessing they are.

For gandald arrives I would guess £10

Shelob attacks-£15

Uruk-hai army for £25

Attack on weathertop-£40

Mines of moria-£60-70

Battle for helms deep-£103

Those prices are reasonable and similar to what castle sets have been priced at over the last few years.

Now I have to decide how many uruk sets to get. 50 seems like a decent amount for a 200 figure uruk-hai army and 100 fig Rohan army. :thumbup:

Those prices are reasonable and similar to what castle sets have been priced at over the last few years.

Now I have to decide how many uruk sets to get. 50 seems like a decent amount for a 200 figure uruk-hai army and 100 fig Rohan army. :thumbup:

50!!!!! Man, I wish I had that sort of money! I'll be lucky if I can afford two or three!

Luckily for me fives. I have a job that pays me pretty well. I will wait until a LEGO convention to buy the sets as well so 30% off will help.

I kind of look at LEGO as my secondary retirement account. Or atleast that is the excuse I use! :wink: I mainly collect castle sets. There isn't a castle set I own that isn't worth more now than when I bought it. I think the castle theme seems to be more collectable than many others.

200 uruk-hai is a moderate sized army for me and will likely seem like a tiny force when compared to my other 5,000 castle figures.

Luckily for me fives. I have a job that pays me pretty well. I will wait until a LEGO convention to buy the sets as well so 30% off will help.

I kind of look at LEGO as my secondary retirement account. Or atleast that is the excuse I use! :wink: I mainly collect castle sets. There isn't a castle set I own that isn't worth more now than when I bought it. I think the castle theme seems to be more collectable than many others.

200 uruk-hai is a moderate sized army for me and will likely seem like a tiny force when compared to my other 5,000 castle figures.

Haha sounds awesome, better post some pics! Hopefully when I'm done schooling I'll be able to do stuff like that also. :cry_happy:

50!!!!! Man, I wish I had that sort of money! I'll be lucky if I can afford two or three!

Same here. And that is him, folks as Madoka I think surpass that quantity easily. :tongue:

And also Im with Alex the Great when I finish University I expect to achieve that as well. :classic:

On topic the two sets that appeal most to me (Helm´s Deep and Uruk-Hai Army) are the ones I found with a balanced price between pieces, minifigures and the tax rate from licensed.

Edited by Niku