shiplover

[MOC] USS Poseidon - Minifig Scale First Rate Ship of the Line

How long have you been creating LEGO sets to become such a skillful master builder?!!! Such an unspeakable piece of art with unusual building techniques. I wish I learn from you. It looks very realistic. What's your opinion of my 2 sets Pirates Battle island and Soldier’s Arsenal? Add a few more pictures from different angles.

Still working on this project. Thanks for the compliments. This is really my first serious project as an adult. I'll get some new pictures up when I make a little more progress.

More progress. Time to get serious about rigging.

This ship is looking awesome so far. :pir-wub:

I would really like to see some close ups of the bow. The bow looks really well done.

Thank you very much for sharing your progress.

Holy crap, dude! Every time I see this, it gets more and more amazing!

Though it's a little bit depressing to realize that the rest of our Lego ships are about large enough to be lifeboats for this incredible monster! :-D

Let's not start about Brickbeard's Bounty there.. Let's not even THINK of a fight between the USS Poseidon and the BB..pirate_tong.gif

Edited by Captain Edward

Wow, what an astounding ship, it's so large that it could take on entire fleets of ships and still come out on top! The stern looks beautiful, and very similar to the HMS Victory!

This is a very large MOC, and progress can be slow sometimes. I wouldn't hold your breath for updates, this topic has been around since April, 2012. I suspect that each update and build process goes through multiple iterations before being complete. Then, there are the large bricklink purchases needed to continue building.

I love that Shiplover keeps up posted on his progress and hope that he'll be able to complete it soon. It would be really awesome to see a MOC like this at a Lego convention. :pir-wub:

Fantastic build Shiplover. This has been a fun thread to catch up on. I can't wait to see your progress from here on out. You are inspiring me to begin planning my first MOC.

Still working. Not enough progress for new photos. I have been working on the standing rigging and on some of the detail on the main deck.

This ship is amazing I know this is my first time posting on this forum but I have been following it since the beginning and this is such a motivation for me and this ship really got me into the pirate theme so thank you soo much shiplover for this and man I want you to make a castle next XD, it would be huge!

Lecture on thread bumping from an admin in 3... 2... 1...

This topics was still in the first page of the Pirate MOC Forum and was only about a month old. I don't believe a lecture is necessary. :pir-wink:

XD XD XD XD XD!

Mr. Azog, please refrain creating posts full of emoticons. :thumbup:

How I wish LEGO would make a Pirates Video Game that featured a ship this detailed!

That't the largest ship of its kind I have ever seen attempted. Can't wait to see the end product!

Still working on rigging. It's slow going. I keep trying things and changing them. I'll get an update photo in the next few weeks.