WhiteFang

Help with identifying parts/sets!

Hey all, I too need help identifying some pieces,and since I can't start my own thread yet I decided to post here,I bought a bag of Lego's at a garage sale about 5 or 6 years ago and it has the following in it,I think its a police playset,but onto specifics.

- it has 2 black bases with corner squares on the edges and has small studs in the center of the corner squares

- it has about 8 white pillars that go on the corners of the black bases

- there are about 4 jail cell panels that slide in at the top down to the b. bases

- then it has about 3 clear blue window panels that have a star in the middle of each of them

- and finally there is a box with two little smooth bricks that has $ signs on them inside the box

So if anyone can help me id these I would be totally grateful.

Hey Duke,I sure appreciate the help,but now I have another problem,and its the helicopter base for that set,it didn't come with the lower part of the cockpit,but it did come with an extra gray car base with prongs where the wheels attach to that I used instead for the bottom.My question is did this use the car base also for the helicopter or was there a different one,I went ahead and used it for the time being.Does Bricklink sell just the helicopter base?.Thanks so much.

Hi All,

As I posted in my Hello thread, I got myself a big bag of random Lego with a mix of sets. I have identified quite a few pieces but these ones are throwing me.

Unsure if this wheel is actually Lego or not, cannot place on brick link, plastic looks bit different and thinking more K'nex

8405808079_5e31b279e4.jpg

Two cockpits, also not showing up on bricklink

First one is orange with the printing and the part number 2507

8405808021_438bd83a06.jpg

Second is solid black with printing and the part number 30058

8406901084_1fcac491e6.jpg

Please ignore this post. Was finally able to identify part by myself.

Apologies. :blush:

Edited by AmperZand

I have one baseplate on the far right of this image that is a mystery. It looks older, probably 1970s. What is it from?

8422214449_afc9b24107_c.jpg

DSC_0042 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

Edited by Zeya

Hi Everyone! I recently bougt a bag of bricks from goodwill, and some of them were megablocks. However, I have some tiles and slopes that were confusing, because they didn't have studs.

thrift5.jpg

thrift6.jpg

The 2x2 tiles have a "t" of bracing on the back and each one has a number in the lower left corner. I did manage to find some old lego 2x2 tiles that match this pattern.

After looking more carefully I did find the "lego" print on the 45 degree slopes, but not on the 33 degree slopes

The 2x4 slopes each have a number between the 1st and 2nd support tubes, near the lower edge. One is a "2" the other is an "8"

The 2x2 slopes have a split in the support tube and also have numbers

the first is "8 02"

the second is "02 31"

My question is, are these lego or a clone brand?

One final picture to show that there were both lego and megablocks 33 degree slopes (and the difference between them)

thrift4.jpg

Those look like the real thing to me. In my experience, red is usually one of the colors with the biggest LEGO/ Megablok differences. Megabloks usually look pinker than those. The plastic usually feels different than LEGO plastic, so you could try that way if you are still not convinced.

Is any of this stuff Lego? The black fence in the back is for reference. I'm fairly sure the wheels are not because they say something strange. The other parts are odd and I can't find any markings on them, but almost look high enough quality to be Lego. The gray thing in the middle is not ABS, but a flexible rubbery material. The gray propeller might be real too, but I also couldn't find any markings. This is all stuff that could be from the mid 1970s into '80s or early 90s. Thanks in advance.

8439210215_89172d86dc_c.jpg

DSC_0010 by ZeyaV, on Flickr

Edited by Zeya

Is any of this stuff Lego? The black fence in the back is for reference. I'm fairly sure the wheels are not because they say something strange. The other parts are odd and I can't find any markings on them, but almost look high enough quality to be Lego. The gray thing in the middle is not ABS, but a flexible rubbery material. The gray propeller might be real too, but I also couldn't find any markings. This is all stuff that could be from the mid 1970s into '80s or early 90s. Thanks in advance.

8439210215_89172d86dc_c.jpg

The "Grey thing in the middle" is absolutely a Lego piece! Its a Streering rack from older Technic sets.

The propellor also is Lego appearing in Old Grey in multiple sets in 70's & 80's.

Unsure on the other pieces there.....Good luck!

Anyone have any idea what set or where this guy came from? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I want to say KreO Battleship, the clue is in the chin sculpting on the head to be a "kreon" (Hasbro name for their brick figures). So not LEGO but certainly a recent rival.

Black Fence is also from multiple vintage sets.

I want to say KreO Battleship, the clue is in the chin sculpting on the head to be a "kreon" (Hasbro name for their brick figures). So not LEGO but certainly a recent rival.

Peppermint_M, You are right on!! Thank you so much!!

I had a hunch about the two grooved pieces, so I searched them on Bricklink, and sure enough, they are 635 and 636, two very old conveyor belt pieces. You'd need 631, 632, 633, 634, and 637 to use these for a full conveyor belt, but a capable MOCist could surely find other unintended uses for those two parts.

With this said, all of your parts have been identified except those four red wheels with black tires. To be perfectly honest, the texture of the tires looks non-LEGO to me and reminds me more of some micro-RC cars I have seen at stores like Radio Shack in the past decade than like any LEGO tires. However, it's possible somebody else might have a more definite answer.

Edited by Aanchir

erfj94.jpg

Picture is blurry because of a bad webcam. :hmpf_bad: I can't find this face on bricklink anywhere! Somehow, it was under our treadmill. It has a brown moustache and some sideburns if you can't tell from the photo.