Sign in to follow this  
Julandrius

The War for Skryrim

6990594999_9f3e93e169_b.jpg

A bunch of Stormcloack Soldiers, accompanied by the Dovahkiin and Lydia put up an attack on solitude. To reach the main city they first have to fight their way through the surrounding villages and farms.

A frightened farmer stands near the well, hoping he doesn't get killed, while the city's Imperials Soldiers leave for battle.

I worked quite a long time on this, and I really hope you enjoy it :D

Link to Flickr where you can leave a fave / or just watch the picture larger.

The War for Skyrim

6985245077_ae43792430_z.jpg

Also, thanks to Gaetano for being epic and inventing horses :D

This is really well done! :thumbup: The border, the statue, and the figs are great. I really wish I had seen the contest earlier than last week... Skyrim and LEGO: perfect combo! :wink:

That brickbuilt horse is amazing! And the big tree is very nice. As for the border/base, how did you manage that circular shape? :sweet:

Thanks everybody :D

I'm really glad you all enjoy it.

Creating the base wasn't that easy, the main shape is just a "circle" made by 1 x 2 bricks, but creating the inner part of the edges wasn't easy.

I used tiles and 1 x 2 plates to cover up AMAP of the edge, but I felt there was too much open space so I created the tubering, which filled up balmost every hole left.

I'm rather satisfied with it myself, thanks :D

Wow.... *oh2* This is amazing! I really love that horse statue. But the curved base? Wonderful! Keep on building!

I hate to repeat what others have already said, but wow! That horse statue is awesome! *oh2*

The whole scene is quite good though. :thumbup:

Well Julien, it's pretty much perfect. :thumbup:

The border is great, I love the way you made a distinction between the city/village and the rest. (And the inner ring using 1*1 rounds.) Nice work on the river and building aswell (like the hinges on the door). I see you've used the car door technique aswell. :laugh:

If this doesn't win you that contest, I don't know what will! :laugh:

One thing about the horse: I suppose the horse doesn't need any stirrups? If so, I'd replace the 'mouth' with a standard 1*1 brick.

To the other EB members:

the horse design is several years old by now but I never got around to making cavalry for this subforum.

Here's the original thread: TThorse brickbuilt horse

Keep up the great work, I hope you'll be bringing this to Wetteren?

Cheers

Gaetano

Tanotrooper

Such a beauty! The rounded base is great and I love the house, horse and the pallisade! Great work!!

Wow thanks people! :D

So many nice comments, it's amazing.

@Tanotrooper, I was actually not planning on it, I kind of promised Belug to bring an Apocalypse Diorama, as that is a theme they basically never saw on events. I'll see, there's no way I can bring this and an apoc dio, but I'll have to choose :(

@All other people on here, thank you so much, you made my day, and it has only started like 10 minutes ago :) Now of to school, thanks again.

The roof is made out of cardoors btw.

Edited by Julandrius

Being a skyrim fan I am especially fond of this build, the tree is a particular favorite as is the wooden walls.

great build

I saw it on flickr and it went immediately to my favorites! The scene is great and that horse: :wub: Also the presentation is very nice.

Simply incrediable. Now don't beat up on me, but I don't

have a clue what Skyrim is, non the less it is a very nice medival

MOC. I dig the horse. :wub: Ecspicaly the little detials like a wood

pile and stream. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot everybody!

Whoa, I can't believe how much awesome feedback I'm getting from you guys. It's amazing!

First things first,

Thanks for all the nice comments, but I do want to say I didn't desin the horse, so no credit to me please :)

Gaetano / Tanotrooper did an amazing job on the horse :)

Second, I really enjoyed building this, it was something completely different then my usual stuff, and I will for sure be making Skyrim-themed stuff again. Not yet though, I'm planning an apocalypse diorama first, which will be seen at the Wetteren event in Belgium. (April 20th only)

And another small anouncement:

This entry got first place :)