Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

That's one nice fig! :wub: I want to know what it is with DC villains and Purple, though (Joker, Riddler, Lex, Two-Face, Catwoman) :tongue: I won't be pre-ordering the game, but maybe it will take the path of voodoo Jack, hopefully.

And here come the exclusive minifigs. Preorder Lego Batman 2 Playstation game from EB and get a Powersuit Lex Luthor minifig.

Lex Luthor powersuit minifig

Nice figure! :classic:

Hopefully they bring the offer to Gamestop. You can't go wrong with a $5 reservation. :sweet:

Well, I'm not paying the extra $20 to get the fig, sorry LEGO. But it does look cool!

Australian, you know. North Americans aren't the only ones calling their money 'dollars' :wink:

It's not any sort of 'superduper collectables ripyouoff edition', just a preorder free bonus, so I don't think they can put much of a premium on it, besides whatever standard price hike those nasty places may usually get down to.

edit: oh god, please don't anyone misread that. "nasty places" means game stores, not "Australia" :tongue: I have mad respect for Australia.

Edited by SpiderSpaceman

Australian, you know. North Americans aren't the only ones calling their money 'dollars' :wink:

It's not any sort of 'superduper collectables ripyouoff edition', just a preorder free bonus, so I don't think they can put much of a premium on it, besides whatever standard price hike those nasty places may usually get down to.

edit: oh god, please don't anyone misread that. "nasty places" means game stores, not "Australia" :tongue: I have mad respect for Australia.

You are indeed right, in the US the game will be at its respective price ($40-$60 USD) then the preorder is about $5 extra, so not that bad after all (If you live in the US).

You are indeed right, in the US the game will be at its respective price ($40-$60 USD) then the preorder is about $5 extra, so not that bad after all (If you live in the US).

In the US the game will be $50. There is no $5 preorder fee, you just put $5 down to preorder then when it releases you pay the other $45.

I'm going to have to preorder this just for the figure. My kids love Lego Batman so I was planning on getting this anyways.

Hmm, it looks like a polybag promo set to me from the three black bricks also included (I assume they're part of it).

Well, another figure I'll have to miss out on... it looks like there's printing underneath that armour piece, too.

I have trouble believing Lego would make a special piece just for a exclusive promo, so hopefully some variation of this Lex, or at least the armor, will appear in another set soon.

Edited by JurassicBrick

I have trouble believing Lego would make a special piece just for a exclusive promo, so hopefully some variation of this Lex, or at least the armor, will appear in another set soon.

The armor appears on an upcoming collectable minifigures, so it does more or less.

Well, as much as I want the figure, I think there's no point trying, it'll be loads on the secondary market. And it's probably impossible to get in Britain. :laugh: Luckily for me I'm chiefly interested in Marvel, so DC sets don't matter as much.

I'm kind of upset that Powersuit Lex gets the armor chestpiece/shoulder pads, while Ironman is suck with a big head.

IMO that piece would have been great for Ironman, and you can even put a transblue 1x1 stud in the middle!

What a missed opportunity ...

Only reason I can think of them not doing it, is that theyll eventually produce a Mark I minifig and use that to show the difference in bulkiness between the 2 suits of armor.

I'm kind of upset that Powersuit Lex gets the armor chestpiece/shoulder pads, while Ironman is suck with a big head.

IMO that piece would have been great for Ironman, and you can even put a transblue 1x1 stud in the middle!

Only reason I can think of them not doing it, is that theyll eventually produce a Mark I minifig and use that to show the difference in bulkiness between the 2 suits of armor.

Mark I could be a book/game/Comic-Con exclusive.

In the US the game will be $50. There is no $5 preorder fee, you just put $5 down to preorder then when it releases you pay the other $45.

I'm going to have to preorder this just for the figure. My kids love Lego Batman so I was planning on getting this anyways.

The price depends on what system you are buying the game for, PS3, Xbox, Wii etc. That is why I said $40-60.

Hopefully this ends up at TRU, like with the POTC polybag where buying a certain amount will get you one or even better just buying the polybag itself.

That armor piece would've looked all wrong on Ironman... Ironman doesn't have huge pointy shoulders or a big collar sticking up around the back of his neck. The suits are sleek and form fitting. Not some big, blocky mess.

That armor piece would've looked all wrong on Ironman... Ironman doesn't have huge pointy shoulders or a big collar sticking up around the back of his neck. The suits are sleek and form fitting. Not some big, blocky mess.

ironman-armor.jpg

this suit is the one in question, from when the guy was making do with what he had.

Very nice Lex Luthor. I WILL have to get that. I was hoping that a new Superman fig would be released in the DC wave, but the trailer for the game even has him missing his boots. So I don't see them changing it up if the game didn't even change it. It would have been pretty easy to do in the game.

Some new fig pics! They must be out!

Hawkeyefig.jpg

Loki_fig.jpg

Deadpoolfig.jpg

-Sci

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Deleted the unnecessary spoiler tags

I'll say it again, LEGO did a great job with these figures! :wub: Now if only they'd come out already!

Only a few days until April! :wink:

-Sci

Loki is still a terribly boring minifigure. His torso and legs aren't very exciting, but it's really the face that ruins it. It's so dull, looking just about exactly like Bruce Wayne or Lex Luthor. Since this one is actually based on an actor, though, it shouldn't be like that. This looks nothing like Tom Hiddleston.

ironman-armor.jpg

this suit is the one in question, from when the guy was making do with what he had.

The picture isn't showing up for me, I'll try later... But he seemed to me to be talking about the polybag Lex, and his shoulder armor while Ironman just had a big helmet...

Loki is still a terribly boring minifigure. His torso and legs aren't very exciting, but it's really the face that ruins it. It's so dull, looking just about exactly like Bruce Wayne or Lex Luthor. Since this one is actually based on an actor, though, it shouldn't be like that. This looks nothing like Tom Hiddleston.

I agree that using a recycled head was a very underwhelming choice. :sceptic:

The rest of the figs just posted look great though!