Hinckley

LEGO Superheroes 2012 Rumours & Discussion

Actually 'Double Face' I feel is a typo. :wink:

A couple of things I noticed, flick-fires in the Batcave and a Tommy-gun for the Joker....if it's worth doing it's worth overdoing ! :laugh:

I actually really like the looks of these sets, although I agree their less than they could have been, but this is just the first wave so it'll improve over time. The only thing that I really have a problem with is the Batmobile, it looks like the 90's movie version, which I don't personally like.

I will point out to everyone that the figure in the Batcave set is not Red Robin, Red Robin wore a black cape with a black mask like Batman's except without the ears, so this is actually the Tim Drake version of Robin (In fact his appearance in this set looks pretty spot on to his appearance in BTAS). So just to clarify this is just another variation of Robin.

Um, correct. Just Harley and Riddler, no Penguin or Croc.

Ah, thank you. Seeing as they're not visible in this wave (and the next is Marvel), I suppose we may well be seeing them in a future exclusive set, in a similar vain to Arkham Asylum.

I hope these will be overworked, and I suppose "Double Face" indicates they actually will.

The Catwoman Set doesn't contain much. The bike looks a bit like the original one, but smaller. The newspapers are nice, the traffic light isn't bad either, but all in one it's just not much. Practically all about the figs.

But it's the same with the other vehicles, I mean, how do bane and a driller fit together? And why does batman keep Ivy as a prisoner in his Batcave? But the Batcave contains some useful stuff, though. But i would have expected more figs, such as the first one containing Alfred and a Bruce Wayne figure.

The Joker Set looks like a smaller version of the first Joker Set. But the bang flag is missing, which was a nice touch of the elder version. The helicopter doesn't look that good either. The propeller blades are too big, while the helicopter itself is too small. But maybe that's just me.

Best set yet is the Two-Face one IMO. Unfortunately I already have the first one, but I might get it as well. It contaisn a small Bank, which isn't much, but at least some civic scene, and this time there are two thugs. The Batmobil's wings don't look that good, but the rest is well done. Two-face Truck is a bit too bulky in my opinion, and I prefered the first one, but I can live with it.

I myself also prefered the black-white over the orange-purple, but that's a matter of taste. But I think I can get used to the different look.

As a life long comic reader, I'm pretty underwhelmed by these. The Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy look pretty good, but all the Marvel ones look a little sketchy, particularly Wolverine. No mask :thumbdown: Then Captain America has no wings on his head. Thor lacks detail. No comment on Iron Man.

I'm guessing they are working from whatever the most recent cartoons are, which means I'm not their market.

They are a long way from production, so hopefully there are lots of tweaks yet to come. I really would like to see great creations of these characters.

Yeah, it screams Movie-verse and, by extension, Ultimates. Wish Ultimates didn't have quite so much influence on things.

yes finally pictures, thank you Brick Heroes! :thumbup:

My first impression wow these are super prelims (no pun intended) :laugh:

Overall I would say I like the Batcave and Batmobile set the best. I owned the original Batcave and I remember spending over 8 hours building it because the 1000+ parts were not in numbered bags :cry2:

plus it was too floating structure-ish for me like an oil rig platform and didn't feel very cave like to me. The Batblade was terribly flimsy and broke often when picked up.

this new Batcave is awesome I must say, I really like the "cave entrance" plus all the structures are actually pretty good and avoid the oil rig platform syndrome. It is also a good value at $70. I was hoping for Alfred and a better Bat vehicle like the tumbler but I hope the bat cycle will be good.

also I do see what appears to be two black suited batmans in the the Double Face :snicker: and Batwing sets?? :oh:

but it could be that they will not be the SDCC one, if you look at the Batcave set there is a Black suited batman pictured in the change chamber and the torso print is different, so possibly it could be a different black suited Batman in those sets and not the SDCC one. The others are all obviously grey suited.

There are three possibilities for this

1. We get the SDCC Batman in those two sets

2. We get them in the summer TDKR sets

3. We don't get them at all

:sceptic:

EDIT: So these are May sets and not January??? I guess NYCC will confirm or deny this.

Edited by Macoco

Okay, I thought that January was supposed to be the DC launch and May was supposed to be the Marvel launch.

What's up?

Okay, I thought that January was supposed to be the DC launch and May was supposed to be the Marvel launch.

What's up?

Nothing. These are the DC sets (Batman, Superman, etc) for January, and we'll see May's Marvel (Avengers) sets around February. I can't quite see what's not to get. :wacko:

It is not a typo, document I have states that this part of the Superheroes range will launch only in May 2012. A good reason could be that the Marvel part of the range will be available in january, which I don't believe so because I would have some intel about that, or that my part of the world is planned as May, a few monthes after US for example.

But I can confirm it is not a typo.

But judging by these summer press releases, the DC sets will be released in January and the Marvel sets will be released in May.

http://aboutus.lego.com/en-US/Pressroom/CorporateNews/article/337942.aspx

http://aboutus.lego.com/en-US/PressRoom/CorporateNews/article/338400.aspx

I will point out to everyone that the figure in the Batcave set is not Red Robin, Red Robin wore a black cape with a black mask like Batman's except without the ears, so this is actually the Tim Drake version of Robin (In fact his appearance in this set looks pretty spot on to his appearance in BTAS). So just to clarify this is just another variation of Robin.

Could you please post a picture for the people like me who don't read the comics? But I will take your word for it. :classic:

Ah, thank you. Seeing as they're not visible in this wave (and the next is Marvel), I suppose we may well be seeing them in a future exclusive set, in a similar vain to Arkham Asylum.

Your welcome, and yes I agree. Arkham or the Hall of Justice or something like that, Green Lantern could also be included in either of those.

But judging by these summer press releases, the DC sets will be released in January and the Marvel sets will be released in May. :classic:

http://aboutus.lego.com/en-US/Pressroom/CorporateNews/article/337942.aspx

http://aboutus.lego.com/en-US/PressRoom/CorporateNews/article/338400.aspx

Thank you for posting this, I mean, I knew already but others might not remember. We should go by the press releases and not some somewhat random French blog. :classic:

Oh, and that reminds me, does anybody know if in France Two-Face is know as (or translated to) Double-Face? If so, that might explain it.

Interesting yet still confused, from those press releases:

Through the multi-year agreement starting as of January 1st, 2012, Marvel has granted LEGO Group the rights to develop a distinct Marvel branded construction toy collection -- LEGO SUPER HEROES -- which will bring the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel's renowned universe to the world of LEGO® build-and-play adventure

Ok LEGO says that SUPERHEROES is starting in January...

The LEGO SUPER HEROES Marvel collection's initial construction sets, minifigures and buildable characters are scheduled to launch in May of 2012.

Ok that is confirmation that the Marvel sets will be in May.

Now Regarding the DC Superheroes

The multi-year licensing agreement grants the LEGO Group access to the entire library of DC Comics characters and stories to inspire LEGO building fun. Construction sets, minifigures and buildable characters and creatures inspired by the universe of DC Comics are slated to launch in January 2012.

Ok so there are indeed going to be sets in January 2012.

So basically maybe Brick Heroes has incorrect information because those statements are direct from TLG. That the DC sets will be in January and the Marvel sets in May.

Also I found interesting

The new LEGO DC Universe SUPER HEROES collection will feature 13 iconic super heroes in LEGO minifigure form, including: Batmanâ„¢, Robinâ„¢, Catwomanâ„¢, The Joker, The Riddlerâ„¢, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinnâ„¢, Bane, Bruce Wayne, Supermanâ„¢, Lex Luthorâ„¢ and Wonder Womanâ„¢.

Robin in the Batcave is identified as just Robin, The Riddler and Bruce Wayne are nowhere to be seen in those pictures.

Dealer exclusives maybe or what appears to be The Riddler flying the helicopter in the Batwing set. thus leading to the conclusion all those figs are in all those sets.

Edited by Macoco

Also I found interesting

Robin in the Batcave is identified as just Robin, The Riddler and Bruce Wayne are nowhere to be seen in those pictures.

Dealer exclusives maybe?

Well, apparantly Red Robin wears a cowl rather than just a mask, so that would be Robin in the batcave, but I really couldn't tell you, I'm basically just repeating what somebody else said. :sceptic:

Edited by Superficial Username

guys here are the sets. enjoy :)

sorry HERE are the sets

Welcome to Eurobricks!

are you trying to link new pics?

Edited by Macoco

Could you please post a picture for the people like me who don't read the comics? But I will take your word for it. :classic:

Robin Tim Drake

Robin_v2_150_art.jpg

Red Robin Tim Drake

Red_Robin_Drake.jpg

yeah

you can just simply copy and paste the HTML without anything fancy

or use the insert image icon in the above menu bar in your post :classic:

I just noticed something particularly saddening- the author of the BrickHeroes blog stated that this line is slated for launch in May 2012, not winter 2012 as we've been told. Is this a mixup on the part of the author or is this line getting pushed back? I seriously hope it's a typo :look:

I think this was to be expected since most Licensed sets are released in May, like PotC and PoP in recent years.

I just noticed something particularly saddening- the author of the BrickHeroes blog stated that this line is slated for launch in May 2012, not winter 2012 as we've been told. Is this a mixup on the part of the author or is this line getting pushed back? I seriously hope it's a typo :look:

I think an official press release is more reliable than some blog, so I'm sure they'll be out in January. I'm not saying BrickHeroes is lying; it could very well be that the country he lives in will get the sets later, but it would be a HUGE mistake on TLG's part if they wouldn't release the sets before Christmas, at least here in the US.

guys here are the sets. enjoy :)

Are you sure you're not trying to link to these pictures?

As for the debate on where Harley and the Riddler will appear, I think there's still a possibility that they are in an exclusive set, unless they show up in the next DC wave. Same goes for Green Lantern.

Well, there's a difference with TLG printing things because TLG has to mass-produce minifigure parts, rather than doing smaller-scale printing. But I agree, if they had a machine for printing on the back of minifig legs they could do it, and nothing's stopping them from acquiring such a machine.

This uses a very similar screenprinting that Lego uses. In fact, this guy used to work for Lego as well.

Yeah my mistake on that part. I had Red Robin on my mind.

-Omi

Edited by Omicron

I do know enough about the franchise to know he's been depicted many different ways, from being a schemer who rarely gets his hands dirty to stealing forty cakes (and that's terrible).

Yes. Just... yes. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This uses a very similar screenprinting that Lego uses. In fact, this guy used to work for Lego as well.

Yeah my mistake on that part. I had Red Robin on my mind.

-Omi

Well Red Robin is Tim Drake and the Robin in the set is Tim Drake as well, so you weren't really that wrong.

Either way though I'm excited to finally have a proper Tim Drake (Although just a regular non-Robin version of him would be nice too, after all we have Bruce Wayne and Alfred). It would in general be nice to have a more rounded out cast for the Batman Lego's, we still don't have Gordon or his daughter (Batgirl) and a number of great villains haven't shown up either, but if this line continues long enough we'll eventually have to get it.

Gordon or his daughter (Batgirl) and a number of great villains haven't shown up either,

We better get a decent Barbara. If not, I'll settle for Cassandra.

-Omi

Hopefully with the Marvel wave, and with subsequent DC waves, TLC will break free of its Batman obsession, and start featuring some other characters.

"Hopefully"? Do you fear the Marvel ones might indeed feature lots of Batman as well, after all?

Hey, you never know, I guess...

:wink: