mytoyshop

Fire Brigade Discontinued?

I must admit this modular looks rather boring in pictures, its not until you see these in the flesh that you realise just how amazing they are

Just completed this last night, loved every bit of it, anyone thinking about getting one just do it, i promise you won't regret it, now i just need to wait for the delivery for my grand emporium :sweet:

Wasnt too happy with the look of the tree so i just left it off

Just a quick photo :grin: :

DSCF0562-1.jpg

Just completed this last night, loved every bit of it, anyone thinking about getting one just do it, i promise you won't regret it, now i just need to wait for the delivery for my grand emporium :sweet:

I too just completed the fire brigade last night - a build I split over about 4 sessions. Really enjoyed it. I've had it in the box for at least a year and only just got around to it recently. I also have a second one which I bought for parts, althought I might build the second floor from it to give myself a three story fire brigade. ;-)

Glad I saw this thread, had to go check over my Fire Brigade sets I have to ensure I do not have this dreaded number!

It's a beautiful set, but surely it will be discontinued some day :grin:

I think LEGO is laughing all the way to the bank with this one.

I know I'm laughing at the hoarders...

I know I'm laughing at the hoarders...

Reminds me of the Winter Toy Store which kept on re-appearing...

Still clearly in-stock but just for the sake of throwing it out there, I got the latest Lego summer catalogue, and I did not see the Fire Brigade listed.

If lego are comfortable with three modulars in stock, then perhaps they don't feel the need to remove it from sale until the next one is ready?

If lego are comfortable with three four modulars in stock, then perhaps they don't feel the need to remove it from sale until the next one is ready?

Sorry to side track this, but has the Grand Emporium been discontinued?

It's still up for sale in their online store and I ordered one from Target.com yesterday afternoon, if that means anything.

Edited by Mitch2742

It's still up for sale in their online store and I ordered one from Target.com yesterday afternoon, if that means anything.

Thanks. Just curious. If any modular set was to be discontinued, I would imagine it would be the Grand emporium, simply from a chronological stand point.

Thanks. Just curious. If any modular set was to be discontinued, I would imagine it would be the Grand emporium, simply from a chronological stand point.

What do you mean? The Fire Brigade came out before the Grand Emporium. Until the Fire Brigade disappears for good, the Grand Emporium probably isn't going anywhere.

What do you mean? The Fire Brigade came out before the Grand Emporium. Until the Fire Brigade disappears for good, the Grand Emporium probably isn't going anywhere.

Oh really? I thought the GE came out after Green Grocer.

Per Brickset.com

Cafe Corner 2007

Market Street 2007 (not official Modular series)

Green Grocer 2008

Fire Brigade 2009

Grand Emporium 2010

Pet Shop 2011

Town Hall 2012

Hope that helps.

Yes, but after the FB. default_classic.gif

GG > 3/08, FB > 9/09, GE > 3/10

Edit: Oh, too slow default_blush.gif

Edited by Lego Guy Bri

Whats up everybody. Wanted to get your thoughts on this....

I love the Modular Building line and am well aware that we are on the cusp of the release of the newest addition, the Palace Cinema. This makes me excited, for obvious reasons, but also weary because I know the impending discontinuation of the oldest still running Modular, The Fire Brigade, is near. My question is when do you think they will be retiring the Fire Brigade set? Do you think LEGO will give any notice as they sometimes do on their online shop? I am thinking about buying another to expand my current set BUT am concerned that with the release of the Cinema comes the dimise of the Fire Brigade.

Thoughts?

My question is when do you think they will be retiring the Fire Brigade set?

I have merged this with an existing thread on the same topic.

It seems likely it will be discontinued soon.

Thanks for the Merge Rick! Im thinking that with the addition of the newest modular that the fire brigade must be in its last days, so to speak.

I have merged this with an existing thread on the same topic.

It seems likely it will be discontinued soon.

No! actually TLG will keep this set available until the end of the year! with 10211 GE as well!

No! actually TLG will keep this set available until the end of the year! with 10211 GE as well!

If you have access to Amazon.com sales, it has been on for $120 most of the past few weeks. I think today it went back to $149 and listed as 11 left in stock. I picked up a few of them when it was on sale, just have to drive to the border and collect them now :)

Dang, too bad the price went back up. In a week I should be getting a bonus from work, and I was thinking of picking up my first modular since the $120 price point is about my limit for a LEGO set. I don't know why, but for some reason $120 feels close enough to $100 that I can rationalize it, but $150 feels closer to $200 and I just can't do it.

I just bought the Fire Brigade like an hour ago, I have decided its finally time to crack down on the Modulars

How do you know this???