Sign in to follow this  
xinbei

REVIEW: Education 9385 Sceneries Set

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

This is the first time I do a set review, so please let me know if u want to know any more info of this set. Also I hope the images are showing fine for you...

-----------------------------

Name: Sceneries Set

Year: 2011

Piece Count: 1207

Catalog reference: Bricklink

Minifigs: 0

Price: $84.95 USD

Official images: 29_2215_na_3.jpg29_2215_na_8.jpg

I guess the education sets are a bit different from the others. First it comes with such a box:

IMG_3586s.jpg

In addition, it does not have printed building instructions in the box. I found some pdfs on the official website (though it seems to only include part of the instructions for the models shown in the official images): LEGO Education -> Click "Resources"

Opening the box:

IMG_3590.jpg

The bags:

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_3592.jpg

Close-up views for the parts:

IMG_3593.jpg

IMG_3594.jpg

IMG_3596.jpg

These might be among the most interesting parts of this set: a lot of Magenta 1x2 bricks, glittering dark pink 1x1 bricks and trans orange 1x1 bricks:

IMG_3608.JPG

Lime, orange, pearl-gold etc

IMG_3597.jpg

Yellow and light tan:

IMG_3605.jpg

White:

IMG_3602.jpg

Reddish Brown:

IMG_3601.jpg

Red:

IMG_3599.jpg

Pink and misc:

IMG_3595.jpg

The build is relatively simple so I will just show its finish stage and some details. Although some models are not in the online pdfs, you can easily make them by yourself.

IMG_3643.JPG

Close-up views:

IMG_3645.JPG

IMG_3647.JPG

IMG_3655.JPG

IMG_3658.JPG

I like the gingerbread house:

IMG_3659.JPG

Kitchen stuff:

IMG_3669.JPG

IMG_3670.JPG

IMG_3676.JPG

The garden:

IMG_3660.JPG

There are no mini-figures in this set, but these figures(do they have an official name) are also cute:

IMG_3641.JPG

IMG_3653.JPG

I am not good at rating but will try to:

Parts: 9/10 (It has a good lot of pink selections as well as the other bright colors, which is the main reason I purchase this set)

Playability: 8/10 (It looked quite simple at first sight by an AFOL, but I started to grow on this set when building)

Design: 8/10 (Can not say too much about that but it seems to be a very decent educational set)

Price: 8.5/10 (Got it @Amazon for $70 - not bad for a 1200 piece set, and there are quite some interesting parts)

Overall: 8.5/10

IMG_3699.JPG

Thanks for reading. Hope you enjoy this set!

------------------------------

BTW: I am done with posting. If any moderator can remove that "(to be continued)" from the title of my post, it will be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Rufus
Indexed

I think the most interesting builds are the chairs made using the car fenders.

Edited by Arigomi

This is a nice set with lots of nice parts. I am surprised by the appearance of Transparent Pink Glitter parts here, as I was not aware that color was still in production. You really do learn something new every day!

II must admit, I would like to play with that set. the brickfigures are so cute. :wub:

Hi,

Here are some models that I have made out of the 9385 bricks:

Luxurious bathpool

9385_e1.jpg

California King size bed

9385_e2.JPG

Roast/boil the turkey on the kitchen table

9385_e3.JPG

Floor patterns:

9385_e4.JPG

Windmill house:

9385_e5.jpg

Thanks for the review! I've always wondered what the Education sets looked like. But do you have to be a teacher/educator to purchase this set? And taking a quick look at the site, they do offer some pretty awesome deals on bulk parts such as plates that are on clearance for around $5.

Edited by Legobrandon

Pretty cool set. The pieces in here are great, trans glitter pieces?! I've never seen those before. This is a great parts pack, albeit an expensive one. Great colors, too.

Excellent review for such an obscure set, 'xinbei'! :thumbup:

This set is a great deal. $85 for around 1200 pieces? Yes, please! :laugh:

Thanks for the review! I've always wondered what the Education sets looked like. But do you have to be a teacher/educator to purchase this set? And taking a quick look at the site, they do offer some pretty awesome deals on bulk parts such as plates that are on clearance for around $5.

I purchased it in Amazon for $70:

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-9385-Sceneries-Set/dp/B0033YH3QE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1332452055&sr=8-1

Lego education website does not prevent you from checking out, but it is more expensive ($84.95). But maybe LEGO sells this set with the printed manuals though? :wacko: