tnickolaus

MOC: Burg Stolzenstein - Robin Hood

Hi!

Here is the newest addition to the kingdom of "Burg Stolzenstein". My companion Annette and myself built it for the exhibition "Bricking Bavaria" in November 2011 in Munich (Germany).

All pictures link to [Flickr]. I hope you like it :)

While king Brick-A-Lot invited all his vassals to a tournament (see previous post), Robin Hood is hiding in the nearby forest.

6790424511_65e5c9969f.jpg

Robin and his merry men live in tree houses. They can hide up in the trees and are hard to attack.

6790424749_1105faeaa5.jpg

6790425119_4ab3d8b626.jpg

6790425617_e0e8389933.jpg

While some of the outlaws are feasting ...

6790425925_a1968c0663.jpg

6790426119_9a0d7c5807.jpg

6790426589_e394ef2ba2.jpg

... others are exercising with bow, crossbow, sword and cudgel.

6790425373_c762519911.jpg

6790426413_c875ca9cc3.jpg

The carriage of the tax collector is being ambushed in order to get fresh supplies and to share the loot with the poor and depressed.

6790426875_b9b4289f34.jpg

6790427185_30f49f68e8.jpg

The soldiers already capitulated without bloodshed.

6790427379_9f5949bbf6.jpg

In striking distance the graceful princess tries to find the right frog, which turns into a beautiful (minifig-yellow) prince, like she heard so many times before...

6790427475_e9da33bbed.jpg

At the edge of the forest the knights pitched their tents for the tournament. Looks like they don't see what's happening to the poor tax collector.

(This section connects to our tournament layout.)

6790427659_1490ecd238.jpg

6790428009_49ac649906.jpg

Also the old peasant goes his way.

6790427027_c94b758dc4.jpg

Very nice atmosphere you created there. With all the fuss with LotR Lego, it reminds me of the Hobbits' Shire.

Incredible! The sheer size of it is astonishing and I really like all those little details and the fact that you mixed old and new factions/minifigs. I'd love to step into this MOC and party with those outlaws. :laugh:

This is nice. Can you post a bill of materials, and instructions to make it?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

...just kidding. Beautiful work. I really like how you captured so many elements of life while still maintaining the sense of openness of the forest. Great scale on the trees - they're huge!!

So many great things about this MOC. The pure verdancy of the over-head shot is amazing and I particularly like to the roots on the fallen tree just to name a couple. :thumbup:

Wow! Those trees and the buildings in them are so beautiful! The ambush is also a nice feature!

You really managed to capture a feeling in the build. Reminds me of the classic-castle that has gone 2012! :classic: Fun to see the forestmen in a moc! They are great!

Wow, this is great! I love landscapes done in LEGO. This is one big, awesome landscape. I like all the bits you've added. The water looks good and blends in nicely with the surrounding land. The bridge and trees are good, too. Nice job!

Hi Thomas,

very nice extension as I already said.

The best is the connection on your first two parts.

I hope to see you on the fanwelt. I will be there with my medieval landscape.

Do you plan another part?

greetings

Phil

Hi Thomas,

very nice extension as I already said.

The best is the connection on your first two parts.

I hope to see you on the fanwelt. I will be there with my medieval landscape.

Do you plan another part?

greetings

Phil

Hi Phil,

we did not decide yet, if we'll attend FanWelt 2012 or not. In 2010 we had a lot of fun - but it was also quite exhausting. We would really love to meet you - and many other friends, like Tretty and the guys from MBFR.

About some more parts: YES! We have plans for parts #4 and #5. But we have to buy a lot of bricks first ...

Cheers,

Annette and Thomas

Edited by tnickolaus

Really an imppressive piece of landscape! (what an understatement!)

It is interesting to see your MOC (my own countryside) growing, I love the bridges between the trees! I know the pain you had setting the trees up at Bricking Bavaria, but this really paid off! S many little scenes, still some more things to discover. I am looking forward to seeing it again and also on the next planned parts... What they might be, ..hm?