Don't know if anything like this has been mentioned but I think a cool idea would be an "all-stars" type theme where famous action themes from across lego history are mixed and matched. It could include remakes of old sets mixed with new sets inspired by the old ones.

An example could be an Exo-force mech vs a Monster Fighters vehicle or an Agents vehicle driving to ruins from Pharaoh Quest.

The theme could include modern stuff like Chima all the way back to the days of Sam Sinister.

I feel like a Steam Punk theme would be cool

I agree! Elements of Western, Victorian-era, sci-fi, fantasy all mixed together… you could even throw dinosaurs into the mix (taking an airship to a 'lost world').

Seconded for steam punk. More gold and copper parts! But the success would probably hinge on an interesting storyline, I doubt kids would enjoy the steam punk aesthetic on its own merits - in fact, Im not sure steam punk is a "thing" in "child pop culture" at all...

Edited by Ardelon

How about a Tomb Raider style Adventure theme eh? Now that would tick all the right boxes!

(okay, I have been watching the films again...)

How about a Tomb Raider style Adventure theme eh? Now that would tick all the right boxes!

Isn't she basically a female version of Johnny Thunder/Indiana Jones/Nathan Drake/etc.? :tongue: Unless you're talking about the reboot, which is WAY too violent for Lego.

However, that does give me an idea... How about a Gilligan's Island/Lost type of theme about a group of characters getting stranded on an uncharted island? The sets could consist of make-shift vehicles, weapons, or base camps, and for conflict, they could include wild animals or Islanders, which would be an interesting way to reintroduce that subtheme.

Isn't she basically a female version of Johnny Thunder/Indiana Jones/Nathan Drake/etc.? :tongue: Unless you're talking about the reboot, which is WAY too violent for Lego.

Essentially.

An Adventure subtheme (As PQ and the different Adventurer locations have been. Just like Alpha Team/Agents/Ultra Agents are Spy theme) but instead of a male lead we have a female lead. Taa Daa. I don't mean a straight up copy of Tomb Raider, just a character that borrows from Lara Croft.

(I thought that was clear enough?)

Yeah, I know what you mean, I just don't think changing the gender of the lead character would make it different enough from Adventurers, PQ, and Indy to warrant a new (sub)theme. Perhaps if it takes place in a completely new location or has some new kind of bad guy faction it could be interesting. What did you have in mind?

A return of the Adventure subtheme but with a female lead, basicly

(gah, looks like my phone derped up)

It's kind of a shame that they did Arctic over as a City sub theme. The Arctic setting could have allowed for some real cool and horrifying Adventure fun.

Seems there are a lot of us eager to see the return of the Adventurers theme in some form or another. Now that Indiana Jones is not in the picture (for at the very least a few years), I am hoping it will be possible.

It would be good to have the theme tie in with a video game where a variety of characters are playable (i.e. no lead character but a selection of protagonists/antagonists). The idea could be to track down specific artefacts from across the globe. As a result, the sets could encompass a wider variety of locations without having to base all sets on a particular sub theme. This would allow us to build location-specific sets complete with wildlife, minifigures, transport and buildings specific to various global locations...

For example, African Safari, Australia (Outback - kangaroos), Brazil (rainforest and Amazon river), China, Italy (Venetian gondolier), Japan, Guatemala/Mexico (Mayan temples), India, Jordan (Petra), Morocco (Casablanca era), Peru, Russia, Thailand (tuk tuk), Polar Regions, Subaquatic...

I would hope that any theme would involve a lot of small, affordable sets...

...................how did you come up with this :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:? Viking ninjas from Neptune :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:, what the heck?

western, jungle and if Lego does do jungle none of that little kid stuff, eh I don't know.

Edited by Dewey Cheatum 1011 Western

Seems there are a lot of us eager to see the return of the Adventurers theme in some form or another. Now that Indiana Jones is not in the picture (for at the very least a few years), I am hoping it will be possible.

Lego's action themes have always followed certain pop culture queues. If the Uncharted Natham Drake movie currently in production does well we may see a new Adventurers theme.

The cycle of themes is sort of pointing towards an underwater theme again though. If you think about it.

I'd really, really love to see LEGO take on a line with its own super heroes. Maybe it could be some sort of subtheme of City. Anyone?

I'd really, really love to see LEGO take on a line with its own super heroes. Maybe it could be some sort of subtheme of City. Anyone?

I actually think that's a pretty neat idea! It would interesting to see what they would do with that concept when they're not bound to a license. I guess one could argue that it would collide with the Super Heroes theme, but then again, they have Castle and LotR sets out at the same time too, so why not. Heck, Ultra Agents is basically a superhero theme, except the heroes don't have superpowers.

I'd love to see an adventurers theme as well, but mixed with steampunk perhaps! So it would be Johnny Thunder's ancestor who drives steampunk cars and vehicles and fights steampunk Sam Sinister!

Ah, but steampunk would then slide it off to Sci Fi, sadly.

A super hero team would be pretty fun. I used to fig-barf the odd team when I was younger. We could get a return of :

trn066.jpg?0

Best Superhero ever, (even if he sort of looks like a mustachioed streaker with a cape, mask and hat...)

I actually think that's a pretty neat idea! It would interesting to see what they would do with that concept when they're not bound to a license. I guess one could argue that it would collide with the Super Heroes theme, but then again, they have Castle and LotR sets out at the same time too, so why not. Heck, Ultra Agents is basically a superhero theme, except the heroes don't have superpowers.

Castle and LotR really aren't that much of direct competitors. Lego probably just can't do the Fantasy Era stuff with LotR. But Disney is often a bear with non compete clauses. Lego would probably need to be a bit careful with any in house stuff felt to be dancing too close to Superheroes. Ultra Agents is most likely as close as they will get.

Ah, but steampunk would then slide it off to Sci Fi, sadly.

A super hero team would be pretty fun. I used to fig-barf the odd team when I was younger. We could get a return of :

Best Superhero ever, (even if he sort of looks like a mustachioed streaker with a cape, mask and hat...)

Look up in the sky it's... Mail-Man?

Edited by Peppermint_M
Please try not to quote photos!

The cycle of themes is sort of pointing towards an underwater theme again though. If you think about it.

That would be great! I was only into Star Wars when Atlantis was out, so I didn't collect any Atlantis. Now, I'm kind of getting burned out on licensed themes. I would welcome a new underwater action theme.

Castle and LotR really aren't that much of direct competitors. Lego probably just can't do the Fantasy Era stuff with LotR. But Disney is often a bear with non compete clauses. Lego would probably need to be a bit careful with any in house stuff felt to be dancing too close to Superheroes. Ultra Agents is most likely as close as they will get.

Look up in the sky it's... Mail-Man?

Crazy Train-man or Railwayman I think. He was possibly something to do with the LEGO Loco games. I think during his time in the sun I was dedicated to Adventurers ...

------

Wait, I had a look

He is Super Station-Master and yes indeed, 1998 was the year Adventurers debuted!

And

is his awesome heroics!

Super Station Master? :laugh: Wow, Lego sure had some odd characters back in the day. But I think this is exactly what we need for an in-house superheroes theme, a bunch of whacky heroes based on Lego's in-house themes, with an even whackier group of villains to fight. That way we could get a really colorful, fun theme and it would be so "out there" that Disney/WB wouldn't see it as a competitor for their own superhero themes. :sweet: